Plants In Dark For 4 Days..

• Thread starter Smerb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smerb

Smerb

My post about other crap, the fall shift post should stay for sure.

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

its good to have the interaction, its nice to be able to read and be able to make your own decision based on others experiences/opinions, isn't that what forums are about?

Smerb

Smerb

its good to have the interaction, its nice to be able to read and be able to make your own decision based on others experiences/opinions, isn't that what forums are about?
Yeah. This thread is about the title. Seems reasonable to just post about the darkness .

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

With all of this being said, after my review of the document IS-GROW-0701, it is my conclusion that total darkness of anytime in length are not mentioned. Although raising of the lights is talked about, dimming of the lights is not (I reccomend 13-20%/week AFTER ;) raising of the lights). I also recommend to decreasing the total daytime hours and increasing the night hours. Notice: some research has been done with this advanced technique be aware that the last 4 weeks of this cycle:fire: and the next few :ninja:are most important. :sleep: Do not decrease the daytime hours TOO MUCH and TOO SOON. Try something like this: Starting at week 6 in flower: 6-10 mins (as the week progresses decrease more and more basically approx 6mins a day for three weeks totaling about two hours and then BAM, its LIGHT DEP TIME :smoking::puke2:. DISCLAIMER #2: Beware of MOLD! Wet and darkness are mold frenzy grounds. Monitor Hum as referenced. 10-15% more if needed. Also try your best to time your flushing right. You want to be able halfway between soaked and dry when going lights out :ninja:.

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

<================== Give em love and some curveballs OR (for you baseball fans) throw them that 100+MPH riser lol.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

what is the benefit of leaving them in the dark
Nothing. At least nothing when your environment is correct.

When you give your plants 2 days of dark and you see a large visible improvement, your growing conditions were stressed. Believe me, I grow awesomely dank cannabis and I see zero change when I give them dark for 2 days. Nice verification that I'm doing things correctly.

I've actually given a plant a month in the dark. THC still degraded, CBN levels still climbed from it, you could see the heavy amber trichome percentage was over 30%. 2-3 tokes would knock anyone out for hours, within 15 minutes of smoking it, completely ruined the cannabis for enjoyment, only good for folks who can't stand life and want to sleep through it.

Douglas

Smerb

Smerb

Nothing. At least nothing when your environment is correct.

When you give your plants 2 days of dark and you see a large visible improvement, your growing conditions were stressed. Believe me, I grow awesomely dank cannabis and I see zero change when I give them dark for 2 days. Nice verification that I'm doing things correctly.

I've actually given a plant a month in the dark. THC still degraded, CBN levels still climbed from it, you could see the heavy amber trichome percentage was over 30%. 2-3 tokes would knock anyone out for hours, within 15 minutes of smoking it, completely ruined the cannabis for enjoyment, only good for folks who can't stand life and want to sleep through it.

Douglas
You just put that you threw one bitch ta sleep for a month and the weeds were fucking stony,bro. They don't get larger, they tighten up and dry out a little quicker. They come out pristine fellow stony.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

You just put that you threw one bitch ta sleep for a month and the weeds were fucking stony,bro. They don't get larger, they tighten up and dry out a little quicker. They come out pristine fellow stony.
Sleepy is not stony.

Hate to burst your bubble. Sleepy is overripe, degraded THC and lab testing proves it out. You want potency? Harvest at 5-15% amber, when the majority of the THC you just spent months producing, is still THC and hasn't degraded to CBN.

The only change I saw in a month of dark was the buds getting looser and softer, not tightening up. They did dry a little quicker though.

Smerb

Smerb

Plants in dark for a month? Did you just leave it ? Some spare closet....it doesn't work for you,sorry.

Smerb

Smerb

I don't need to be speedy. Couchlock. I have epilepsy , gotta get real fucked up to eat and not feel like barfing up my pill laden stomach.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

I don't need to be speedy. Couchlock. I have epilepsy , gotta get real fucked up to eat and not feel like barfing up my pill laden stomach.
Nobody said anything about speedy, just non-sleepy. Should try it sometime before you continue bashing it.

I have seizures too, when I quit using cannabis for 2 months. Nice mini-strokes that leave me paralyzed as well, real fun. Stay away from Kush and strains with Kush in them, they've identified the terpene Homulene as not being good for people with seizures. I know they fog my head out pretty good, non-productive strains for me.

Look for higher cbd strains, you'll need less cannabis and have a better appetite and mood.

Douglas

Smerb

Smerb

Your message is not my cup o tea. I love smoking. The taste. Smell. I eat it. Non basher, your saying harvest early. You think I haven't? Give me some room. Grand mal here, you? What meds guy? Dilantin,kepra. I'm steady

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Your message is not my cup o tea. I love smoking. The taste. Smell. I eat it. Non basher, your saying harvest early. You think I haven't? Give me some room. Grand mal here, you? What meds guy? Dilantin,kepra. I'm steady
Uh, again we're not talking early, we're talking peak of ripeness, maximum THCA (very useful in controlling seizures, look it up). I'm saying harvest on time, by looking at the trichomes. You've already confessed to not doing that, how on earth would you know the difference between too early and 'ripe.'?

You say you enjoy cannabis... how can you enjoy it when the CBN from lost THC potency puts you to sleep? When you harvest on time, with a non-speedy strain, you get a great experience, no sleepiness and no raciness. I medicate 24/7 and don't have any sleepy issues or 'racy' cannabis around.

I didn't ask about your meds, you need the correct cannabis. Keep looking and definitely do yourself a favor and get a damn scope. You'll seriously improve your enjoyment of life.

Douglas

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

I'll say this once and only once lol this is what happens when your plants are in flower as lights are on the THC degrades cause really the resin is there for protection as you end your 12 hrs you will have less resin as the plants sleep it produces the resin that was depleted during day light and as it progresses in flower it keeps building up gradually ..
Now the stitching institute did tests and some strains there were a significant increase in THC and in other strains there was nothing .

When is the best time to harvest ???? its not right after 12 hrs on but after 12 hrs of darkness .
Same thing applies out door we harvest and 99 percent will harvest in early mornings after the plant has refurbished her self from the hot sun the day before
Chiefs will cut there fresh lettuce in the morning its fresher then late in the day if there cutting live

As for lights out ??? its strain dependent most of the time people shut there lights during mid week and harvest on week end ?? so there not smelling like weed when there at work cause you trim enough weed it sticks to you like a deggo you know what a deggo is ??? its a piece of shit hanging on the hairs of your ass where ever you go Deggo lol ..
it does not dry your plant quicker all darkness does is refurbish the resin that got used in protecting the plant during the hot sun etc..
So chances of you seeing any difference is really moot shit 90 percent of growers don't know really when to chop let alone dry and cure a plant properly ..
Just saying

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

I'll say this once and only once lol this is what happens when your plants are in flower as lights are on the THC degrades cause really the resin is there for protection as you end your 12 hrs you will have less resin as the plants sleep it produces the resin that was depleted during day light and as it progresses in flower it keeps building up gradually ..
Now the stitching institute did tests and some strains there were a significant increase in THC and in other strains there was nothing .
Yeaaah, ooookay.

You'll pardon if I wait for independent verification of their results. lol You can say that 20,000 more times, it won't change what happened in my garden in the past. 4 days of dark is dumb and pointless. I can harvest at lights on and 12hrs of dark and you won't be able to tell the difference. I highly doubt it was 'strain dependent' so yeah, I'll wait for that verification study. lol

Have a GREAT day! :D

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

I'll just say I look at them trichomes with a digital camera plugged right into the computer.im good. Thanks
That's actually the modern way to do it, $12 will get you there though. :)

Top Bottom