Plants In Dark For 4 Days..

• Thread starter Smerb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

Again i will see if i can find the actual test done in lab conditions by profesionals from stitching institute again we can believe what we want chop anytime you want but ask the ones growing big like mendo and some others big out door and indoor growers most will tell you they chop before lights on and for good reason
like the saying goes osmosis there breathing at night and nutrient levels stay low in the root system once day light triggers photosynthisis what happens ???? You know it the plants start there business of taking in nutrients
so where does it end ???
At night time the plant still is working but its repairing damaged cells its using up its batteries to do the job of replenishing everything nutrient levels are deep in the root zone not in the plant as there on batteries and its not needed
so in other words leave your plant in the dark with out nay light the question is how long will it stay alive is what you need to ask your self Right ??
Again do what you think is right
out door when to harvest ?? Second frost and after dew so normally 10 ish before the hot sun starts to degrade the THC or what the chemical is designed to do for the plant

Many factors influence the production of THC. In general, the older a plant, the greater its potential to produce THC. This is true, however, only if the plant remains healthy and vigorous, THC production requires the properquantity and quality of light. It seems that none of the biosynthetic processes operate efficiently when low light conditions prevent proper photosynthesis. Research has shown (Valle et al. 1978) that twice as much THC is produced under a 12-hour photoperiod than under a 10-hour photoperiod. Warm temperatures are known to promote metabolic activity and the production of THC. Heat also promotes resin secretion, possibly in response to the threat of floral desiccation by the hot sun, Resin collects in the heads of glandular trichomes and does not directly seal the pores of the calyx to prevent desiccation. Resin heads may serve to break up the rays of the sun so that fewer of them strike the leaf surface and raise the temperature. However, light and heat also destroy THC. In a bud strain, a biosynthetic rate must be maintained such that substantially more THC is produced than is broken down. Humidity is an interesting parameter of THC production and one of the least understood. Most high-quality Cannabis grows in areas that are dry much of the time at least during the maturation period. It follows that increased resin production in response to arid conditions might account for increased THC production. High-THC strains, however, also grow in very humid conditions (greenhouses and equatorial zones) and produce copious quantities of resin. Cannabis seems not to produce more resins in response to dry soil, as it does to a dry atmosphere. Drying out plants by with holding water for the last weeks of flowering does not stimulate THC production, although an arid atmosphere may do so. A Cannabis plant in flower requires water, so that nutrients are available. for operating the various biosynthetic pathways.

Good information - as we all know the every living thing needs "dark time" to be healthy

K

kindindy123

I all ways leave mine in the dark. For a day min some stay longer depends how long it takes to trim
at the moment,, I hav 8all don plants that hav taken out of gro room just letting sit in pots until,able to either trim,, or hang to start drying,its been bout 12 days,not for nothing,they realy frosted up a lot since I pulled,buds are still plumping,,getting stickyer and stickyer,,triclones are 25%clear 25% amber 50% nice and cloudy,,doesn't seem to hav bothered them, being in dark almost 2 wks,so,not dyeing yet,this is the longest ive ever let em sit ,,what do peeps think good ,bad waste,

Smerb

Smerb

at the moment,, I hav 8all don plants that hav taken out of gro room just letting sit in pots until,able to either trim,, or hang to start drying,its been bout 12 days,not for nothing,they realy frosted up a lot since I pulled,buds are still plumping,,getting stickyer and stickyer,,triclones are 25%clear 25% amber 50% nice and cloudy,,doesn't seem to hav bothered them, being in dark almost 2 wks,so,not dyeing yet,this is the longest ive ever let em sit ,,what do peeps think good ,bad waste,
You should have cut them down to hang. 2 weeks all dark no water? That's a bit long for me. Take all the fan leaves off then cut to hang. They will dry fasy .any pics of what's going on?

K

kindindy123

You should have cut them down to hang. 2 weeks all dark no water? That's a bit long for me. Take all the fan leaves off then cut to hang. They will dry fasy .any pics of what's going on?
ok well took a good look yesterday,,ive always kept watering just very little, all fans hav almost falling off,the biggest thing noticed is, the the sugar leaves coming out of the bud are still growing,single finger leaves out of bud clusters,witch would appear that there getting more frosty,but it all goes to wax or bubble hash!!!! let you know,if smoke is effected,,stay safe gents!!!

Smerb

Smerb

ok well took a good look yesterday,,ive always kept watering just very little, all fans hav almost falling off,the biggest thing noticed is, the the sugar leaves coming out of the bud are still growing,single finger leaves out of bud clusters,witch would appear that there getting more frosty,but it all goes to wax or bubble hash!!!! let you know,if smoke is effected,,stay safe gents!!!
Those may be sugar leaves, lucky if you're making hash. No good to smoke. Are you able to get a pic? I want to see them nugged up

Juddz2891

Juddz2891

I have a question how can I get my nugs more compressed after the snip sorry for invading all my buds always turn out on the fluffy side or does jus depend on the strain

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I have a question how can I get my nugs more compressed after the snip sorry for invading all my buds always turn out on the fluffy side or does jus depend on the strain

I noticed that if I give my plants enough time to mature they get rock hard.

My current round hit 11 weeks today.
And they have the most rock hard nugs I've had so far.

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

after the snip brown paper bag keep the top open move the buds around few times a day dont let it get too dry. this i what we used to do to compact them down for curing. let us know how it goes
Ok Im jus a first time grower could give me a little more detail if u don't mind

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Ok Im jus a first time grower could give me a little more detail if u don't mind

I'm just saying as a new grower if you think it's ripe and it's too early you lose on the final swelling stage the last week or 2.

Me and you don't know exactly when that last 2 weeks is exactly. But the plant will visibly show us.

For example I'm also learning still how to judge the maturity of fruits. And this round instead of 8 weeks I let go longer. The biggest swelling happened between week 8.5-9.5.

I am now at 11 weeks start today still waiting on trichomes to show signs of amber maturity. Most are milky some are clear turning milky. Amber trichs are very rare still.

I'm just saying it would pay off for you to research about maturity of the flowers. Because finishing on time will yield you the biggest results. With nice dense flowers.

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

I'm just saying as a new grower if you think it's ripe and it's too early you lose on the final swelling stage the last week or 2.

Me and you don't know exactly when that last 2 weeks is exactly. But the plant will visibly show us.

For example I'm also learning still how to judge the maturity of fruits. And this round instead of 8 weeks I let go longer. The biggest swelling happened between week 8.5-9.5.

I am now at 11 weeks start today still waiting on trichomes to show signs of amber maturity. Most are milky some are clear turning milky. Amber trichs are very rare still.

I'm just saying it would pay off for you to research about maturity of the flowers. Because finishing on time will yield you the biggest results. With nice dense flowers.
everyone cuts early when the first start doing this shit. I totally agree with everything you said. A seasoned farmer dont pick unripe fruit. When you cut early thats what your doing. picking some fruit that dont taste as it could or near as strong. and if you miss the last two weeks of bud swell your not only impatient, your a fool. those last two weeks are what its all about.

Juddz2891

Juddz2891

Thanks guys I can always count on help from the farm

seanesean

seanesean

From my own experience I started in 1991
I learned the hard way once the pot was dry when I put it in total darkness for 3 days. On the fourth day when I chopped her down she was starting to die because of no water. Smell was bad and taste was bad ended up making BHO with her. But I normally do a minimum of 24 hours 36 max of darkness before choppy choppy . I don't notice any difference from 24 to 36 hrs. If your strain was unstable it could hermaphrodite on you I think. Could be some strains do better than others temps. would most likely play a role also.

H

hawkman

From my own experience I started in 1991
I learned the hard way once the pot was dry when I put it in total darkness for 3 days. On the fourth day when I chopped her down she was starting to die because of no water. Smell was bad and taste was bad ended up making BHO with her. But I normally do a minimum of 24 hours 36 max of darkness before choppy choppy . I don't notice any difference from 24 to 36 hrs. If your strain was unstable it could hermaphrodite on you I think. Could be some strains do better than others temps. would most likely play a role also.
We are talking about stressing the plant (dark times) another way is to "cut" thru the plants stalk ( make a cut 1/4 to 1/2 diameter cut) this will but the plant in shock may outdoor farmer's use this method to but the plant in stress in outside grow but works well for indoor grows also (this does work very well with no dark times

Top Bottom