Please help a novice in distress

• Thread starter IsanFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I've just trained some of the branches on the taller plant but I couldn't do too many of them because the holes in my net are too big. I've just prepared the feed at 1/3 the dose ready for tomorrow morning. I think I will start running the AC 24/7 to reduce the temperature during the dark cycle. Thanks for your advice, it is much appreciated.
and i would prepare to flower soon, maybe in 4-5 days? they will strech a bunch in flower tho and you gonna have to train it under the net some more times, anything tie them down too if needed.
Now the real fun begins!!! ;-)

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

and i would prepare to flower soon, maybe in 4-5 days? they will strech a bunch in flower tho and you gonna have to train it under the net some more times, anything tie them down too if needed.
Now the real fun begins!!! ;-)

Yeah I think I'm going to flip them on Sunday and I'm looking forward to it. I have some bonsai wire I can use but it's not very good. What do you use for this?

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Yeah I think I'm going to flip them on Sunday and I'm looking forward to it. I have some bonsai wire I can use but it's not very good. What do you use for this?
some fishing monofilament line works nicely, it should be easy to pass it trough the smart pots fabric if its a good diameter, get not the very fine ones one that's a little thicker is better.

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

some fishing monofilament line works nicely, it should be easy to pass it trough the smart pots fabric if its a good diameter, get not the very fine ones one that's a little thicker is better.

I've got another SCROG net that I can add a little higher than the first one. I never bought any humic acid in the end, the last watering in between feeds was with molasses only. A lot of people advised me not to use molasses anymore but considering how healthy my plants look it must be of some benefit? I will add humic acid and epsom salts to my nutrient line up with the next run. Also, when I filled my pots I purposefully left them a few inches shy of the top because I'm planning to top dress the soil during flower. Do you advise this, and if so, at what week would you do it?

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I've got another SCROG net that I can add a little higher than the first one. I never bought any humic acid in the end, the last watering in between feeds was with molasses only. A lot of people advised me not to use molasses anymore but considering how healthy my plants look it must be of some benefit? I will add humic acid and epsom salts to my nutrient line up with the next run. Also, when I filled my pots I purposefully left them a few inches shy of the top because I'm planning to top dress the soil during flower. Do you advise this, and if so, at what week would you do it?
Yep you can add a second net layer too of you want, I've used molasses for a very long time and it works
Epson salts there's no need imho you already have ca/mg, and no signs of magnesium/sulphur deficiency, if you want to exchange molasses for humic acid is a good call it's a more complete source of carbon.

no need to.top.dress also you are using complete nutrients and a ammended soil already.

Keep it simple always. Less is more.
More variables more to go wrong.and you can't be sure what caused what.

Last edited:
IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

Yep you can add a second net layer too of you want, I've used molasses for a very long time and it works
Epson salts there's no need imho you already have ca/mg, and no signs of mg deficiency, if you want to exchange molasses for humic acid is a good call it's a more complete source of carbon.

no need to.top.dress also you are using complete nutrients and a ammended soil already.

Keep it simple always. Less is more.
More variables more to go wrong.and you can't be sure what caused what.

Tonight when the lights go out at 2200 I'm going to flip them so the light cycle is 0600 to 1800 everyday. Some of the leaves are going a bit yellowy. What do you think?

20230701 182547
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Tonight when the lights go out at 2200 I'm going to flip them so the light cycle is 0600 to 1800 everyday. Some of the leaves are going a bit yellowy. What do you think?
What's ppfd atm? Looks like too much light don't push past 400-450ppfd for now you gonna slowly push them toward 750-850ppfd for the course of 4 weeks of flower watching closely for light stress.

After flipping start a 1/2 dosage on nutrients and up a little the ca/mg to 6ml/12L
at the time of the photo pots were light or heavy, lights just did came on or about to go off?

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

What's ppfd atm? Looks like too much light don't push past 400-450ppfd for now you gonna slowly push them toward 750-850ppfd for the course of 4 weeks of flower watching closely for light stress.

After flipping start a 1/2 dosage on nutrients and up a little the ca/mg to 6ml/12L
at the time of the photo pots were light or heavy, lights just did came on or about to go off?

They're getting 390 to 450 PPFD at the moment. That photo was taken about 57 hours after their last feed at 1825 in the evening so the lights had already been on for over 14 hours.

Stokes

Stokes

This is your first grow, right? Very exciting time coming up. Make sure you check in regularly, plant will have different needs than it did in veg. Post pics every day, especially if you see changes in the leaves, whether it be the whole color or spots. Flower kicked my ass the first time around, second time too if im honest. Stay active on here and it will be a breeze

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

They're getting 390 to 450 PPFD at the moment. That photo was taken about 57 hours after their last feed at 1825 in the evening so the lights had already been on for over 14 hours.
Pots feel light already? They were droopy all day or just this last hours of the day?
If it was just last hours its ok they are about to go sleep.
If pots fell light it means they are drinking more than before, bigger plants lots of roots in to pot, they gonna drink much more now at the first weeks transitioning to flower, probably you gonna need to feed/water every 2-3 days now, lift the pots to have a idea of watering/feed schedule

And go 1/2 strength nutrients.
6ml/12L ca/mg

Last edited:
IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

This is your first grow, right?

Yes

Yep I agree, since it's only new growth there also a bit of tacoing of some leaves,can be caused by too much light, but raising next feed to 1/2 strength should help tho.
Better underfeed than overfeed.

Pots feel light already? They were droopy all day or just this last hours of the day?
If it was just last hours its ok they are about to go sleep.
If pots fell light it means they are drinking more than before, bigger plants lots of roots in to pot, they gonna drink much more now at the first weeks transitioning to flower, probably you gonna need to feed/water every 2-3 days now, lift the pots to have a idea of watering/feed schedule

And go 1/2 strength nutrients.
6ml/12L ca/mg

The last two times I've fed them the soil seemed to be much drier than normal. When they're fed they perk up almost instantly. Maybe I should be feeding them every three days now instead of four but I'm paranoid about overfeeding. I'd rather underfeed than overfeed. For one thing I'm worried about the runoff collecting and not drying out enough. Checking the trays for runoff is awkward because of the net and the way I've set things up. I need to get some different trays.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Yes

The last two times I've fed them the soil seemed to be much drier than normal. When they're fed they perk up almost instantly. Maybe I should be feeding them every three days now instead of four but I'm paranoid about overfeeding. I'd rather underfeed than overfeed. For one thing I'm worried about the runoff collecting and not drying out enough. Checking the trays for runoff is awkward because of the net and the way I've set things up. I need to get some different trays.
In flower first 4 weeks you probably gonna need to feed/water every 2 or 3 days. Check pots weight if they are light (50% of the saturated weight after Feed) , water or feed them.
Don't bother checking run off pH and etc. Just trow it away to waste don't let it In the trays.

Last edited:
IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

In flower first 4 weeks you probably gonna need to feed/water every 2 or 3 days. Check pots weight if they are light (50% of the saturated weight after Feed) , water or feed them.
Don't bother checking run off pH and etc. Just trow it away to waste don't let it In the trays.

This photo was taken in the last half hour just after the lights came on for their first 12 hour light cycle. The pots are certainly lighter but the tops of the soil are still quite moist and the leaves aren't droopy so I'm going to delay feeding for another day.

20230702 062702
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

This photo was taken in the last half hour just after the lights came on for their first 12 hour light cycle. The pots are certainly lighter but the tops of the soil are still quite moist and the leaves aren't droopy so I'm going to delay feeding for another day.
That photo droopiness was because they were close to sleep time, some cultivars do that.

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

That photo droopiness was because they were close to sleep time, some cultivars do that.

Yes you were spot on with that assessment.

You planning to defoliate after stretch? Theyre shaping up to be a real bangers

Yes I'm planning to defoliate but I'm not sure when to do it? I pruned a lot of the leaves earlier this week (Tuesday) and they responded really well so I was thinking I'd defoliate when I flip because a lot of people say that is a good time to do it. However, Trash advised me to wait until after stretch and his advice has been spot on so far so I'm going to continue to follow it, plus you're another one saying I should defoliate after stretch so it would seem the decision to do it then is unanimous.

Stokes

Stokes

Yes you were spot on with that assessment.

Yes I'm planning to defoliate but I'm not sure when to do it? I pruned a lot of the leaves earlier this week (Tuesday) and they responded really well so I was thinking I'd defoliate when I flip because a lot of people say that is a good time to do it. However, Trash advised me to wait until after stretch and his advice has been spot on so far so I'm going to continue to follow it, plus you're another one saying I should defoliate after stretch so it would seem the decision to do it then is unanimous.

I agree, defoliate and lollipop after stretch

Top Bottom