• Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Quick Update

Between jobs so only got a few minutes.

All the seedlings were taken Tue night.
20191205 121622

Bummer, but I doubt if they'd have survived with the cold anyway.

No hermies
20191205 115853

Just males

Damn things look like females when they start shooting out hairs. Not this one
20191205 115859

He was one of two that produced a couple balls early. I've moved both to the South side of the house. I'll keep some pollen from the large sativa leaner. He's a very nice male.

The 3 in the stand are killin' it.
20191205 095038

20191205 095028

20191205 095019
20191205 095023

6-8 weeks from harvest.

Getting mice/rats munching spinach and broccoli in the big greenhouse. Traps have been set.

Gotta run. Until next time, Happy Growing!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Quick Update

Between jobs so only got a few minutes.

All the seedlings were taken Tue night.
View attachment 917667
Bummer, but I doubt if they'd have survived with the cold anyway.

No hermies
View attachment 917668
Just males

Damn things look like females when they start shooting out hairs. Not this one
View attachment 917669
He was one of two that produced a couple balls early. I've moved both to the South side of the house. I'll keep some pollen from the large sativa leaner. He's a very nice male.

The 3 in the stand are killin' it.
View attachment 917670
View attachment 917672
View attachment 917675View attachment 917676
6-8 weeks from harvest.

Getting mice/rats munching spinach and broccoli in the big greenhouse. Traps have been set.

Gotta run. Until next time, Happy Growing!
👍 Jeez bro you need a vacation to take some time to smell the flowers and smoke some too... work can be a bitch. Make the money while it's there to make but don't kill yourself doing it.

Hope things slow down a bit for ya soon

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

time to open the serious killing fields,im telling ya bro i taught bill murray to stalk hunt them gophers back in the day,i mean ninja style there ass ,get on the roof that house for 2 hours a night ,night vision and smack there ass,they even have compines that specalize in it,farmers hire folk to come shoot rats all night,then there are dogs trained for the same thing ratters can clean out a barn in a matter of hours ,non stop killing rats,just one bite and done,but hey ask ole bill if i didnt get him hooked up with the stalk hahahahha

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

time to open the serious killing fields,im telling ya bro i taught bill murray to stalk hunt them gophers back in the day,i mean ninja style there ass ,get on the roof that house for 2 hours a night ,night vision and smack there ass,they even have compines that specalize in it,farmers hire folk to come shoot rats all night,then there are dogs trained for the same thing ratters can clean out a barn in a matter of hours ,non stop killing rats,just one bite and done,but hey ask ole bill if i didnt get him hooked up with the stalk hahahahha
Bill's got a home a dozen miles North. Never met him. Ran into Telly Savalas at Angel stadium in the mid 80's in one of the clubs. He's sitting alone at a table for 12 and I'm at the bar so I mosey over. Tried to buy him a drink but no. Chatted for 5 minutes and returned to the bar. Nice guy.

I bet Bill's a hoot when in the mood. Gotta suck when you can't go in public.

Gophers aren't too active now. That rain must have flooded some tunnels. Rats and mice are a surprise. Eating my seedlings is a shock. I'm not popping any more seeds until I can protect and warm them. Just think if I had paid $10+ a seed? Ouch!

Give me a month and I'll be back in the game!

Who loves ya, baby?

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

👍 Jeez bro you need a vacation to take some time to smell the flowers and smoke some too... work can be a bitch. Make the money while it's there to make but don't kill yourself doing it.

Hope things slow down a bit for ya soon
Yeah, leaving Sunday for 3 whole days. Planned only 2 but I need all I can get.

It should start slowing up, usually does this time of year. No faucet installs cause wifey wants a new one. Only mandatory repairs that can't be put off.

This usually happens by Thanksgiving. This year I worked Wed, Fri and Sat. I'm usually baking pies on Wed and stuffing myself for days. Time to raise my rates, that'll give me more time off.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Just have to share this... this morning I'm watering and see this on 1 of the swing set plants
20191205 094222

I get a break between jobs so I come home to water again and guess what I forgot to do?
20191205 115758

It's now sleeping with the fishes but DAMN!

Don't get old. Die young and leave a good looking corpse. Trust me on this one.😯

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Bill's got a home a dozen miles North. Never met him. Ran into Telly Savalas at Angel stadium in the mid 80's in one of the clubs. He's sitting alone at a table for 12 and I'm at the bar so I mosey over. Tried to buy him a drink but no. Chatted for 5 minutes and returned to the bar. Nice guy.

I bet Bill's a hoot when in the mood. Gotta suck when you can't go in public.

Gophers aren't too active now. That rain must have flooded some tunnels. Rats and mice are a surprise. Eating my seedlings is a shock. I'm not popping any more seeds until I can protect and warm them. Just think if I had paid $10+ a seed? Ouch!

Give me a month and I'll be back in the game!

Who loves ya, baby?
do you have neighbors that feed feral animals?when i lived in the city 3 difrent houses feed the feral cats,now get this,you could catch a feral cat in a trap take to the city,they will spay or nuter them and then you come pick the cat back up and release the thing were you caught it,sounds cool right,wrong,folk feeding them kept them from hunting and im talking rats bro up to 5lbs and about ft long not counting the tail,damn things jump around in the trees like squirrel,there were several squirrle missing half there tails,then you also had possums,not the slightest bit afraid of humans,i literally took a crow bar and killed 3 of them walking down my wood fence going to my neighbors that feed feral cats,ya me and the city dont jive ,when we sold that house my son said dad i have to thank you for something,im thinking the job i did renovating the house hahahah,he said the 5 years you been here i been waiting on that call to come get you out of jail hahahahah,aint that the shits,shit they were at my house so much i knew um by name,that old ass hen would call um in a heart beat on me hahahaha,they wouldnt even go to her door unless they knew her husband was home lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Just have to share this... this morning I'm watering and see this on 1 of the swing set plants
View attachment 917790
I get a break between jobs so I come home to water again and guess what I forgot to do?
View attachment 917791
It's now sleeping with the fishes but DAMN!

Don't get old. Die young and leave a good looking corpse. Trust me on this one.😯
smash

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

do you have neighbors that feed feral animals?when i lived in the city 3 difrent houses feed the feral cats,now get this,you could catch a feral cat in a trap take to the city,they will spay or nuter them and then you come pick the cat back up and release the thing were you caught it,sounds cool right,wrong,folk feeding them kept them from hunting and im talking rats bro up to 5lbs and about ft long not counting the tail,damn things jump around in the trees like squirrel,there were several squirrle missing half there tails,then you also had possums,not the slightest bit afraid of humans,i literally took a crow bar and killed 3 of them walking down my wood fence going to my neighbors that feed feral cats,ya me and the city dont jive ,when we sold that house my son said dad i have to thank you for something,im thinking the job i did renovating the house hahahah,he said the 5 years you been here i been waiting on that call to come get you out of jail hahahahah,aint that the shits,shit they were at my house so much i knew um by name,that old ass hen would call um in a heart beat on me hahahaha,they wouldnt even go to her door unless they knew her husband was home lmao
I use to but all have been poisoned. Even my outdoor mouser got it a couple years ago. It's beyond fucked up to hold an animal while it's dying from a brain bleed. Don't ever wanna do it again after experiencing it twice in my lifetime. NO MORE!!!

I've got some condos just East and they have trapped or poisoned the raccoons, possums and ground squirrels. Coyotes are one of the few mammals left, besides the rats and mice.

I plan on going full Caddy Shack on their asses between my vacation return and New Years. I'm done with this horse shit. Traps, glue pads, poison,. 22 with night vision. Seriously, I'm pissed now.👍

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

My abode for the next few nights.
20191208 175002

Rained most of the day so we weren't in a big hurry to get here early. Took our time, had lunch and made the 30 minute drive.

Had the jacuzzi all to ourselves for about an hour tonight. Lost my trunks. It happens.

Sitting overlooking the lake puffing.
20191208 175019

Brought a couple solar eye lights
20191208 175049

Gotta enjoy life.

Awesome bday.

Fishing starts tomorrow. I did throw a few plastics and a popR for bass for a few minutes, no luck. I'll pickup some mackerel tomorrow for catfish (I can fish until 10pm) and will be baited for trout most of the day.

Trout are scheduled to be planted againTuesday so we'll be staying until Wednesday at least.

Too bad it's not in the spring. Could have walked a few trails and played Johney Potseed. My new hobby.

I really needed this break. Work is killing me, watering 2-5 x's a day is killing me, bugs, mice and rats are killing me. Break time, clear the head and return tanned, rested and ready with a few fish filets. Works for me.

If nothing else I'll catch some z's under a full moon while water laps the edge of the lake.
20191208 221343

Frickin awesome bday!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

View attachment 918967
Rained most of the day so we weren't in a big hurry to get here early. Took our time, had lunch and made the 30 minute drive.

Had the jacuzzi all to ourselves for about an hour tonight. Lost my trunks. It happens.

View attachment 918968

View attachment 918969
Gotta enjoy life.

Awesome bday.

Fishing starts tomorrow. I did throw a few plastics and a popR for bass for a few minutes, no luck. I'll pickup some mackerel tomorrow for catfish (I can fish until 10pm) and will be baited for trout most of the day.

Trout are scheduled to be planted againTuesday so we'll be staying until Wednesday at least.

Too bad it's not in the spring. Could have walked a few trails and played Johney Potseed. My new hobby.

I really needed this break. Work is killing me, watering 2-5 x's a day is killing me, bugs, mice and rats are killing me. Break time, clear the head and return tanned, rested and ready with a few fish filets. Works for me.

If nothing else I'll catch some z's under a full moon while water laps the edge of the lake.
View attachment 918970
Frickin awesome bday!
i love the sound of water lapping the lake,hell ya bro sounds like something i need to do myself and hadnt in years,i did go get my boat motor out of storage yesterday though,youngest is moving out the house so needed his back to get the heavy bitch were i didnt have to move it hahahah,next step to that boat hahahahh
happy bday bro enjoy

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

View attachment 918967

View attachment 918968

View attachment 918969
Gotta enjoy life.

Awesome bday.

View attachment 918970
Frickin awesome bday!
Happy birthday!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Vacation is over and it was back to work this morning but not before watering everyone.

The 2 boys, South side of the house.
20191212 073814

Little one will get pulled by this weekend. Big one will be kept and pollen collected.

Swing set
20191212 073701

One on the right threw a few balls over a month ago. The other was just a slow grower and moved out from the large greenhouse.

Large greenhouse
20191212 073425

Pretty ladies filling the West side.

Tomato stand
20191212 073447

Beautiful plants
20191212 160055

20191212 160051

20191212 160045

That's just sunshine bouncing off the second one, not a nitrogen deficiency.

Took a few flower shots
20191212 103553

At least 6 more weeks to go.

Seedlings
20191212 073555

20191212 073604

20191212 073608

These 3 Granddaddy Purples couldn't grow any slower. My bad for not providing a better climate.

Between now and the first my goal is to protect the seedlings from the mice/rats and add some heat. At this point framing and screening in the pan seems the easiest and adding a few heating pads should get me up and running again.

I miss not having a dozen or more seedling going. Hopefully I can start planting again on the 25th. Now that's how you celebrate Christmas!

Happy Growing!

Top Bottom