SpiderK

BO x NL 1b 1
Seed

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Source:
Floral Biology and Pollination Biology of Cannabis sativa L.

Heres a More easy to read...

https://cannabissativabiol2061.wordpress.com/botany-a-study-of-marijuana-from-pollen-to-pot/
@LittleDabbie Help me out. Over medicated right now :rolleyes: Looks like I was going to award you the grand prize since it appeared you had something to answer my original question..........

Where in these 2 sources is the data on is Cannabis pollen binucleate or trinucleate pollen or neither????

I cant locate. Help me out bro

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
@LittleDabbie Help me out. Over medicated right now :rolleyes: Looks like I was going to award you the grand prize since it appeared you had something to answer my original question..........

Where in these 2 sources is the data on is Cannabis pollen binucleate or trinucleate pollen or neither????

I cant locate. Help me out bro

Just prior to dehiscence, the pollen nucleus divides to produce a small reproductive cell accompanied by a large vegetative cell, both of which are contained within the mature pollen grain. Germination occurs 15 to 20 minutes after contact with a pistil. As the pollen tube grows the vegetative cell remains in the pollen grain while the generative cell enters the pollen tube and migrates toward the ovule. The generative cell divides into two gametes (sex cells) as it travels the length of the pollen tube.

Im going with neither..?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Or its Tri..

42 Short Questions with Answers about Sexual Reproduction of the Flowering Plants
by Aliva Manjari

Q. 1. How many nuclei are present in a fully developed male gametophyte of flowering plants?

Ans. Three (one vegetative nucleus and two male nuclei).

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Sounds remarkably like page 17 Of Robert Connell Clarkes book Marijuana botany, the propagation and breeding of distinctive cannabis. Recommended reading for anyone wishing to understand breeding in the lamens terms. and published some 35 years ago.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

True gold imo is being able to produce true f1 generatoins. Having the pollen makes that possible, but impossible to replicate once your pollen expires. IMO, it's all about having the male and female plant, that way you can produce f1 offspring and know what to expect. I would kill for a pure Afgan father breed for breeding.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
In a perfect world all would like to run male plants But due to space some will never get too Hence the sale of pollin for them would be a great advantage. Marijuana Botany is a great read.

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I asked a certain breeder on here if he would sell pollen after reading in another forum he did so at an event, the response was a very polite not interested. Which is fine. I understand why, when in business never give away your secrets. If I had a nice set of genes I am sure everyone would want my pollen too, but I would lose my edge if I did. Also supplying pollen would take some business from the seed makers, as I am sure a lot of people would be okay with the mediocre seeds that come from multiple generations of open pollinations.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I asked a certain breeder on here if he would sell pollen after reading in another forum he did so at an event, the response was a very polite not interested. Which is fine. I understand why, when in business never give away your secrets. If I had a nice set of genes I am sure everyone would want my pollen too, but I would lose my edge if I did. Also supplying pollen would take some business from the seed makers, as I am sure a lot of people would be okay with the mediocre seeds that come from multiple generations of open pollinations.
Was he selling at a cup that was for seed buyers and breeders?

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
When people get addicted to growing They will buy anything the next hype. Look at all the nutes u have in your cupboard. Of course not a product for the serious breeder inless a awesome male. Which would be $$$$$$. Just something to play with for some. Be interesting in the next few yrs where the possibilities lay.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Also as a breeder when your done with that male it might be a possibility along with. Your favorite female. As the valley Nash girl was just released in clone form. Good talk guys. Thanks for your input.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Who would want mediocre pollen??? Like that's hard to find...pollen from a male someone found in a 10pk, hooray!!

Sell the best pollen you can offer for a fair price. It's the only way this silly idea will catch on. And that pollen better be something custom, something I couldn't find by asking 5 friends.

What incentive do I have buying Medusas seeds, when I have her stud
Pollen and am holding better elites than she is? Why don't I put out seeds better than hers for cheaper? I hate to say it but that's how people think in this game. Money. Money. Money.

Top Bottom