Post your Organic Soil Mix

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

slap14

I use a combo of The Rev's and Sub's recipe. I grow in 5 gallon or seven gallon containers. I use straight R/O water and four or five different AACT's.

Here is my mix

Soil 3 Bags
Compost 1 Bag
Coco 1 Bag
Perlite/Soil Aerator 2 Cubic Feet
Worm Castings 20 lbs
Blood Meal 12-0-0 2 Cups
Bat Guano 9-3-1 1.5 Cups
Fish Bone Meal 3-16-0 4 lbs
Feather Meal 12-0-0 2.5 Cups
Dolomite Lime 5 Cups
Oster Shell Meal 4 Cups
Azomite 2.5 Cups
Humic Acid 4 Cups
Alfalfa Meal 2-0-3 5 Cups
Greensand 0-0-3 2.5 Cups
Soft Rock Phosphate 0-5-0 1 Cup
Kelp Meal 1-0.1-2 2.5 Cups
Bulb Food 3-8-8 2.5 Cups
Organic Rice 5 Cups

For my soil I use roots organic and biobizz light mix

Slap

squiggly

squiggly

any one use paramagnetic rock ??..some one was telling me that it doesnt even have to b in the soil, it can just b in the room and work o_O..like some earth mojo for your grow :confused:

Paramagnetism in soil comes primarily from elements which have an oxidation state of +2 (or a two electrons short of an octet in their outermost valence shell). So Mg, Ca, as well as some metals that can have various oxidation states (Mo, Fe, Co, etc.).

It has been physically demonstrated that increased paramagnetism in soil increases cation exchange capacity (which will increase the even interspersion of nutrients throughout the medium, as well as aid in uptake. You can think of this almost like an osmotic effect driven by magnetism, although that doesn't fully or quite accurately depict what's going on). --however I don't know about just having the shit in the room, this sounds like voodoo to me (which is not reality).

Adding any kind of rock dust to your soil should increase paramagnetism in the soil, you don't need a special designation of "paramagnetic rock". Azomite would fit that description, as do most rock dusts that one would consider ammending soil with (glacial rock dust, volcanic and basalt dust, etc.). As you can see, a good portion of us are indeed using such rock dusts (myself included)--but the effects can't be broken down into simply paramagnetic effects, this stuff also represents a nutrient source--and that's a confounding variable.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Paramagnetism in soil comes primarily from elements which have an oxidation state of +2 (or a two electrons short of an octet in their outermost valence shell). So Mg, Ca, as well as some metals that can have various oxidation states (Mo, Fe, Co, etc.).

It has been physically demonstrated that increased paramagnetism in soil increases cation exchange capacity (which will increase the even interspersion of nutrients throughout the medium, as well as aid in uptake. You can think of this almost like an osmotic effect driven by magnetism, although that doesn't fully or quite accurately depict what's going on). --however I don't know about just having the shit in the room, this sounds like voodoo to me (which is not reality).

Adding any kind of rock dust to your soil should increase paramagnetism in the soil, you don't need a special designation of "paramagnetic rock". Azomite would fit that description, as do most rock dusts that one would consider ammending soil with (glacial rock dust, volcanic and basalt dust, etc.). As you can see, a good portion of us are indeed using such rock dusts (myself included)--but the effects can't be broken down into simply paramagnetic effects, this stuff also represents a nutrient source--and that's a confounding variable.
thanks for the info bro :D im glad i didnt by a bag then o_O..cause i use azomite ..de..rockphosphate..pellatized limestone..a lil gypsum

squiggly

squiggly

Also worth mentioning that the "earth mojo" end of it is probably a bunch of horse dung. It's true that soil aligns with the earths magnetic field to some degree, and that degree is dictated by the soil's paramagnetism--but saying that it's having some magic earthy effect on it isn't necessary, we can explain the benefit perfectly well with science (as is usually the case).

Mogrow

Mogrow

I use a combo of The Rev's and Sub's recipe. I grow in 5 gallon or seven gallon containers. I use straight R/O water and four or five different AACT's.

Here is my mix

Soil 3 Bags
Compost 1 Bag
Coco 1 Bag
Worm Castings 20 lbs
Blood Meal 12-0-0 2 Cups
Bat Guano 9-3-1 1.5 Cups
Dolomite Lime 5 Cups
Oster Shell Meal 4 Cups
Azomite 2.5 Cups
Humic Acid 4 Cups
Greensand 0-0-3 2.5 Cups
Bulb Food 3-8-8 2.5 Cups
Organic Rice 5 Cups

Slap
nice slap// that outta grow some dank.'
how you liking the rice , is that for aeration or something else?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter

Here is my mix

Soil 3 Bags
Compost 1 Bag
Coco 1 Bag
Worm Castings 20 lbs
Blood Meal 12-0-0 2 Cups
Bat Guano 9-3-1 1.5 Cups
Dolomite Lime 5 Cups
Oster Shell Meal 4 Cups
Azomite 2.5 Cups
Humic Acid 4 Cups
Greensand 0-0-3 2.5 Cups
Bulb Food 3-8-8 2.5 Cups
Organic Rice 5 Cups

Slap

Most. Extensive. Recipe. Ever.

Nice work! Got an shots of your plants?

outwest

S

slap14

Most. Extensive. Recipe. Ever.

Nice work! Got an shots of your plants?

outwest

Glad to share

Here are some Star Dawg, Sunshine #2 and Straw Alien from my last run

Straw Alien StarDawg Sunshine

Star Dawg
Star Dawg2

Star Dawg
Star Dawg

Straw Alien
Straw Alien

This is what I am finishing Candy Queen week 7
Candy Queen Group

Candy Queen
Candy Queen2

Candy Queen
Candy Queen 1

masshole61

masshole61

Slap, beautiful plants, awesome grow. Your soil mix seems hot as hell and your plants love it ! What size pots do you use, smarties or plastic ? Do you transplant with the hot mix on the bottom with a buffer in between, or can you just throw them in that lava? I tried sub's supersoil outdoors this year and was concerned it was too hot. After seeing your plants they definitely could stand the heat. Also , fried rice? Really? if it's for the bennies, is it better than molasses? Took a lot of balls to try that for the first time, I'm sure. How long do you cook that soil for? Greensand is supposed to take forever to take effect. Thanks

Mogrow

Mogrow

keep it simple...

1/2 bale of promix bx
1 bag fox farm ocean forest
1/2 bag earth worm castings
1 cup bone meal
1 cup blood meal
1 cup dolomite lime
1/2 cup kelp meal

thats how i mixed it up last time. i dont cook shit but food.
nice mix phillthy, you ever make any compost???? shits a game changer....
i'm trying to get away from store bought shit, i'm a ways off yet but headed in that direction. i live in an area with wonderful soil so that's a giant help, i can get prairie soil, river bottom soil and forest soil. mix is good for fungal and bacteria needs. now i gotta get that perlite farm going and i'll be all set:rolleyes:

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I used super soil on my last run, and did a little experimenting with top feeding, and heavy doses of full spectrum (fungal/bacterial) ACTs. This time I moved to 1 gallon pots did a little SS top feeding and scratched in some of the new roots organic uprising bloom mix (it's most of sub's ingredients). Now brewing full spectrum teas with cap's bennies, insect frass, and a little bit of sea green, and supplementing teas with high P guano as well during flower. Plants are booming. I should also add that I use Banana Manna and swear by it. It's IBA, NAA, and banana hormones. Really drives the production of essential oils/terpenes and brings out the flavors of the strain (does not make your weed taste like bananas!). I guess I too have merged subs and rev's practices and come up with something that works for me and the ladies and produces excellent results.

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
nice mix phillthy, you ever make any compost???? shits a game changer....
i'm trying to get away from store bought shit, i'm a ways off yet but headed in that direction. i live in an area with wonderful soil so that's a giant help, i can get prairie soil, river bottom soil and forest soil. mix is good for fungal and bacteria needs. now i gotta get that perlite farm going and i'll be all set:rolleyes:

I still buy my compost. :eek: But I must say that I'm very happy with what I've used. The three products I rotate are Alaskan Humisoil, Earth Recharge, and Boogie Brew. I buy worm castings too. :oops:

outwest

Mogrow

Mogrow

I used super soil on my last run, and did a little experimenting with top feeding, and heavy doses of full spectrum (fungal/bacterial) ACTs. This time I moved to 1 gallon pots did a little SS top feeding and scratched in some of the new roots organic uprising bloom mix (it's most of sub's ingredients). Now brewing full spectrum teas with cap's bennies, insect frass, and a little bit of sea green, and supplementing teas with high P guano as well during flower. Plants are booming. I should also add that I use Banana Manna and swear by it. It's IBA, NAA, and banana hormones. Really drives the production of essential oils/terpenes and brings out the flavors of the strain (does not make your weed taste like bananas!). I guess I too have merged subs and rev's practices and come up with something that works for me and the ladies and produces excellent results.

outwest
i left out the incest frass on the flowering plants, they are just a week in, but was not sure if it would be overload on nitrogen. do you use the frass on flowering plants??
i'm thinking of giving the flowering girls one more foilar of the ACT, damn i know they love it in veg. i'm going to get into topdressing more , and improve my teas, damn i love this stuff..
i too have merged sub's and rev's practices.
if you're gonna run organic soil, buy the rev's True Living Organics. it's an eye opener.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
You can use frass in two ways as I understand. As a standalone (they even have a schedule for hydro!) or for it's fungal/beneficial properties at a much lower dose. I lean way more towards the latter. Awesome fungal source in your teas, and it's packed with micros. I recently learned it even has silica, and it's pretty clear in my plants. Great as a standalone foliar too. For both teas and foliar, I use it in a pretty low dose. I put it in my soil too.

outwest

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Here's my "sooper simple" soil mix that has done wonders for my crops. I feed with chlorine free h20 only throughout veg and then add + molasses + Aurora Innovations HPK bloom booster weeks 3-7 of flower.

1 bag Fox Farm Happy Frog (2 Cu Ft)
1 bag Sunshine 4 or Pro Mix HP (3.8 Cu Ft)
¼ bag Fox Farm Big and Chunky perlite (1 Cu Ft)
5 cups pure EWC
1.5 cup soybean meal
1.5 cup fish bone meal
1.5 cup greensand
1.5 cup powdered humic acid
1 cup kelp meal
½ cup azomite

I used this mix to grow these:

Blackwater

Bigbillsblackwater2

ReCon

P1000818

BigBillsReCon2

Sour OG

BigbillsSourOg

BigbillsSourOg2

S

slap14

Slap, beautiful plants, awesome grow. Your soil mix seems hot as hell and your plants love it ! What size pots do you use, smarties or plastic ? Do you transplant with the hot mix on the bottom with a buffer in between, or can you just throw them in that lava? I tried sub's supersoil outdoors this year and was concerned it was too hot. After seeing your plants they definitely could stand the heat. Also , fried rice? Really? if it's for the bennies, is it better than molasses? Took a lot of balls to try that for the first time, I'm sure. How long do you cook that soil for? Greensand is supposed to take forever to take effect. Thanks

Thanks Guys

Hey Mass I use 5 gallon or 7 gallon tall plastic pots. I put the hot mix in the bottom half of the pot then mix a 50/50 of the hot mix with biobizz for the next 1/4 them fill the rest with the biobizz and top off with worm castings. I use raw organic basmati rice. The rice just helps feed the fungi and adds calcium and iron. I cook my soil for at least 3 months. I mix about 50 gallons at a time and since i only run 4 or 6 plats at a time it lasts me quite a while. I have yet"knock on wood" to burn any plants with this mix. The greensand does take quite a while to break down, however this mix will last me a long while so it can take it's sweet time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom