Problems in coco idk of its worth the trouble may start over

• Thread starter Stupidaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yea, if I water with 1 liter literally I’m getting 600 to 800 mls out. I measure both in and out every time. I may have put too much perlite in. The damn bag slipped out my hand and perlite went everywhere.
Do you have an EC meter or a PPM meter?

2Bad

2Bad

How are you catching your runoff to measure it is it all collected or are you measuring each plant on their own? To be honest Im not worred about flipped leaves I think it might just be natural as long as its not newer leaves should be fine.

Are you giving 1 liter per plant or total?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Basic Watering

Watering COCO

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You can not avoid salt build up in coco. It's just part of the grow. Read the articles I posted above.

Stupidaf

Stupidaf

Basic Watering

Watering COCO
Ah thanks

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Are you trying to finish them in those small containers? If you do transplant up, I'd use straight coco. I'd also pay the premium for genuine smart pots. Your problem is almost certainly from low moisture content in the substrate.

Stupidaf

Stupidaf

Are you trying to finish them in those small containers? If you do transplant up, I'd use straight coco. I'd also pay the premium for genuine smart pots. Your problem is almost certainly from low moisture content in the substrate.
I got 3g they bout to go into. These will be 4 weeks old Monday. The growth is insane. This coco is the shit, will be even better when I get everything dialed in.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My last grow I finished in 1 gal but I had to feed 14x a day. So yeah 3 gal is aboit as big as I would go in coco. You will want at least a 70/30 coco/perlite mix.

They are not handling the light and I don't think it's due to light intensity but back it off for now.

What nutrients are you using and exactly how are you mixing them? Including and additives and ph adjusters.

Using RO?

How and when are you ph adjusting feed?

Are you also adjust the temperature of the feed?

Pics of the setup and list of equipment?

Pics further back of the grow?

How are you disposing of runoff?

Age of plants?

When did symtoms forst appear?

Definitely light is stressing them. But like I say I don't think k it's due to intensity but rather an uptake or environmental issue and that could be 1000 different things. So let's start ruling stuff out.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You know... I'm looking at this again and wondering if I cross-posted. (I didn't) Now, I do know that if a plant is not happy with the light it will try and find better by moving/growing in new weird directions. My first thought was fan damage, no big deal, aim the fan at the walls instead.
Then the light issue. and especially when I read it was 4 FEET away. That confirmed it for me. I still hold to that.
Once the light was adjusted, then yeah, it needed to reduce to give the plant time to recover, going from almost zero to full on.

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hey, @2Bad, you surprised me. It seems like last week you had the same issues and now your giving out good advice. Well done. Wer'e gonna get you trained so we can retire. LOL

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You know... I'm looking at this again and wondering if I cross-posted. (I didn't) Now, I do know that if a plant is not happy with the light it will try and find better by moving/growing in new weird directions. My first thought was fan damage, no big deal, aim the fan at the walls instead.
Then the light issue. and especially when I read it was 4 FEET away. That confirmed it for me. I still hold to that.
Once the light was adjusted, then yeah, it needed to reduce to give the plant time to recover, going from almost zero to full on.
Yeah they absolutely tell ya how they like the light... I seen plants bend over like 90 to avoid it. When a plant moves the top side of a leaf in a direction away from the light it saying to much.... or folds like a taco anything that it does to reduce exposure even sometime will point the petiole almost straight up.

To little light and the top of the leaf surface will be facing as close to perfectly towards the light source and bending towards it.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Hey, @2Bad, you surprised me. It seems like last week you had the same issues and now your giving out good advice. Well done. Wer'e gonna get you trained so we can retire. LOL
Does that mean I’m not so backwards after all😂😂😂 funny how people can say something like that’s backwards then when someone who knows there shit says something along the same lines not quite the same but close now u changed your mind? I’ve said it heaps of times on here it’s so hard to work problems out when 10 different growers give different answers to the same problems especially for new growers debate is healthy though👍

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Bought an aroya solus this week. Incredible little piece of equipment. I do a custom coco blend with a good dose of humus and castings, as well as various minerals. It's about 65% at maximum saturation, but comes down to 50ish% in a matter of minutes. By lights out it's in the low 40's, and high 30's when the lights come back on. 5 gallon smart pots. Really looking forward to dialing it in, I've been flying blind the past 10 years

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

My last grow I finished in 1 gal but I had to feed 14x a day. So yeah 3 gal is aboit as big as I would go in coco. You will want at least a 70/30 coco/perlite mix.

They are not handling the light and I don't think it's due to light intensity but back it off for now.

What nutrients are you using and exactly how are you mixing them? Including and additives and ph adjusters.

Using RO?

How and when are you ph adjusting feed?

Are you also adjust the temperature of the feed?

Pics of the setup and list of equipment?

Pics further back of the grow?

How are you disposing of runoff?

Age of plants?

When did symtoms forst appear?

Definitely light is stressing them. But like I say I don't think k it's due to intensity but rather an uptake or environmental issue and that could be 1000 different things. So let's start ruling stuff out.
So I'm going to definitely change next grow. The hydro store guys were adamant these 8 gal plastic pots were the go, I just reckon they create water issues and dry too slowly. Do you use plastic or fabric? Used smart pots? How do the plants not get root bound in smaller pots?

Top Bottom