Problems in coco idk of its worth the trouble may start over

• Thread starter Stupidaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Thanks to everyone and aquaman you should write a book on shit like this. You’re full of knowledge.
I think lots of what I see up there can be explained away with a high vdp like you say, and/or minor pH fluctuations. I always check, double check, triple, quadruple check pH (if necessary) every time, cause I make stuff up by the gallon. Those plants simply look driven hard, note how the cupping is occurring, but even your serration edges are being turned up. My guess is potassium is somehow involved, but I think other factors described above are partially at play.

That's just my best guess.

I trust pH devices about as far as I can throw them, unless there $300 units, and still. The old fashion way is better IMO.
Products 3776

Last edited:
Allegedly

Allegedly

I think lots of what I see up there can be explained away with a high vdp like you say, or minor pH issues. I always check, double check pH every time, cause I make stuff up by the gallon. Those plants simply look driven hard.

I trust pH devices about as far as I can throw them, unless there $300 units, and still. The old fashion way is better IMO.
View attachment 1175096
i used the old way until I bought the blue labs ph pen. i have that and the trundle and Im really happy with both.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think lots of what I see up there can be explained away with a high vdp like you say, and/or minor pH fluctuations. I always check, double check, triple, quadruple check pH (if necessary) every time, cause I make stuff up by the gallon. Those plants simply look driven hard, note not only how the cupping is occurring, but even your serration edges are being turned up. My guess is potassium is somehow involved, but I think other factors described above are partially at play.

That's just my best guess.

View attachment 1175096
Lol you'd have to pry my bluelab from my cold dead fingers.... like with most things ya get what ya pay for.

The biggest part of any measuring unit is verification. If you can't test it against a known then get rid of it or don't waste your money on it.

Something I'm an absolute stickler on after many yrs doing quality management in the railway... I cannot even count the times not verifying or calibrating equipment has lead to major disasters.

ChronicHempHog

ChronicHempHog

Why would the oldest, strongest, most heatproof leaves towards the bottom of the plant randomly be turning away from light?
View attachment 1162602
These 2 leaves rotated 180° on a 2 day cycle. It has nothing to do with too much heat or light.

I do deficiency trials/photography for expensive literature that helps feed 5 billion people who don't have time to get high and bullshit on the internet. Let me show you something...

View attachment 1162610

Same plant, a week earlier. Notice the top leaves? That might be a clue what's causing the twisting petioles down low. Nitrogen tox right? Read my post history. Only reason I signed up. Nowhere else is Calcium deficiency mistaken for nitrogen toxicity. All Youtuber grow bros, pot casters, etc all have the same exact problem in their gardens and refuse to see it, because they are all poser sheep who don't even know the definition of photosynthesis.
---------------------------------

View attachment 1162617
Now here's a plant with too much light, coupled with sodium stress to exaggerate the effect. Same plant in fact. Chloroplasts leave the picture when light is too intense. See attached youtube vid. They don't lean away.
View attachment 1162618
So why is one top fan leaning? Fast growing Cannabis + vertical petioles + weight distribution + gravity. I tried to flatten it, now it leans to one side or the other.

The same thing is happening in an automated fashion lower on the plant as the calcium is attempting to mobilize from the oldest leaves and gravity pulls on the soluble nutrient. That's all that's going on here. You ignored multiple calcium deficiency symptoms and focused on a relatively novel one, thanks to the severely detrimental perseverance of trickle down bro baloney on weed forums.

Real knowledge I soaked it all up beautifully and informative

Top Bottom