Purple Haze 💜💜💜☮️ (UNITY) LOVE, RESPECT AND UNDERSTANDING

• Thread starter SunshineSupergirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I think they need some nutrition. I heard a few people on here say that you are nitrogen toxic.......Not seeing it.....Looks like they need food. What is your soil? Is it like promix or something? Can't recall if you mentioned it already.
Those plants will live but I would rebury the stalk and start feeding them something. A little fish hydrolysate would green them right up and freshen your house with a delightful smell........Either way though,,,,,I think you need NPK
I would secure the stalk if you aren't going to bury it though.
I agree,they are locked out and not doing anything ,if it were me, I would buy some musky fish emulsion and give em a dose and hope for the best or start over.

TSD

TSD

Do you know what is in the mix? I don't recall her saying.
They are 36 days old Hazy. They have no nitrogen and ate their reserves 30 days ago....

I don't know what is in the soil but it ain't Nitrogen.

Didn't realize they were autos though.....I would start some new seeds today if you can
I don't think they are autos, and regardless of the fact that they are 36 days old, they haven't been growing or using the nutrients in those 3 gallon pots in that time, they've been clinging to life... but yeah normally at that age they need nutrients... I have no more advice, if they were mine, I'd have cut my losses by now.
@SunshineSupergirl I just went back and re read your journal... I think I know where it all went wrong. I know you think it was the Evian, but I just saw that you said you mixed in Rosemary and peppermint oil and some fungicide for a spray because you thought you had powdery mildew... I think it was the essential oils that burnt and killed them. Even in tiny amounts, Rosemary and peppermint are VERY strong oils, and also once you sprayed it on, it stayed on the leaves and cooked your plants with the light. Oils of any kind are very tricky under lights, and I would never recommend spraying anything like that concoction on seedlings. Full grown healthy plants at lights out, MAYBE, but even then. Seedlings can't stand up to that kind of treatment. Home remedies are great, I try to go organic myself, but just because it's natural doesn't mean it can't hurt your plants. I love that you're still holding out hope... maybe just keep them in an extremely long veg to recover if you're dead set on pushing forward.

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

I believe she said they are in a soil she made, compost and such, too hot if anything, nutrients aren't the cause if this, over mothering and spraying stuff that wasn't needed are the cause, in my opinion.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

I think they need some nutrition. I heard a few people on here say that you are nitrogen toxic.......Not seeing it.....Looks like they need food. What is your soil? Is it like promix or something? Can't recall if you mentioned it already.
Those plants will live but I would rebury the stalk and start feeding them something. A little fish hydrolysate would green them right up and freshen your house with a delightful smell........Either way though,,,,,I think you need NPK
I would secure the stalk if you aren't going to bury it though.
I have been feeding them kelp actually... I think it's still too a little bit small and I'm trying to be careful because of the nutrient burn..

I am almost ready to give them some 111 from Dr Earth.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

I don't think they are autos, and regardless of the fact that they are 36 days old, they haven't been growing or using the nutrients in those 3 gallon pots in that time, they've been clinging to life... but yeah normally at that age they need nutrients... I have no more advice, if they were mine, I'd have cut my losses by now.
@SunshineSupergirl I just went back and re read your journal... I think I know where it all went wrong. I know you think it was the Evian, but I just saw that you said you mixed in Rosemary and peppermint oil and some fungicide for a spray because you thought you had powdery mildew... I think it was the essential oils that burnt and killed them. Even in tiny amounts, Rosemary and peppermint are VERY strong oils, and also once you sprayed it on, it stayed on the leaves and cooked your plants with the light. Oils of any kind are very tricky under lights, and I would never recommend spraying anything like that concoction on seedlings. Full grown healthy plants at lights out, MAYBE, but even then. Seedlings can't stand up to that kind of treatment. Home remedies are great, I try to go organic myself, but just because it's natural doesn't mean it can't hurt your plants. I love that you're still holding out hope... maybe just keep them in an extremely long veg to recover if you're dead set on pushing forward.
Yeah I can't give up on them now. They understand really did suffer a nutrient burn and they also suffered a little bit of heat burn... My temperatures have been cooler and I've been giving them kelp and the other nutrients in the soil phosphorus and potassium are at healthy levels... Perhaps a little bit too much potassium actually.

But as I have been wondering them with my pHed water they are definitely bouncing back

You know I was on my way to actually having a good experience and then I added the Evian water... You know I was watching it very closely and I really do know it was the water because of the instant reaction.

So yeah totally not going to give up on my Purple Haze. 💜💜💜☮️

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Yeah I can't give up on them now. They understand really did suffer a nutrient burn and they also suffered a little bit of heat burn... My temperatures have been cooler and I've been giving them kelp and the other nutrients in the soil phosphorus and potassium are at healthy levels... Perhaps a little bit too much potassium actually.

But as I have been wondering them with my pHed water they are definitely bouncing back

You know I was on my way to actually having a good experience and then I added the Evian water... You know I was watching it very closely and I really do know it was the water because of the instant reaction.

Oh and they are not autos they are Photoperiods.💜🌱🌱🌱

70% Sativa 30% Indica

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

I believe she said they are in a soil she made, compost and such, too hot if anything, nutrients aren't the cause if this, over mothering and spraying stuff that wasn't needed are the cause, in my opinion.
Honestly there were a lot of things that I was doing wrong.

But my babies are doing better!
🌱🌱🌱☮️

Reactions: TSD
SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

I agree,they are locked out and not doing anything ,if it were me, I would buy some musky fish emulsion and give em a dose and hope for the best or start over.
About to use this soon

IMG 20220418 153455
SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

I only added one drop of Rosemary and peppermint oil to an existing bottle of potassium insecticidal soap... I was doing that the whole time when I saw the powdery mildew and they were actually getting better.

I believe I know what happened it was after I watered them with the Evion water it had a decent amount of nutrients in it and then the heat from the outside window is getting more intense because we had a heat wave which then was about the same time that I decided to switch over the lights because they were sitting at about 22% power and so I went up to about 35%... On my dimmer.

Honestly I think it was the convergence of events that contributed to their suffering and I'm doing my best to heal them. ☮️🌱🌱🌱

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Sun, how will you flower them? they need total darkness for 10-14h every night...?
I have a whole bunch of Auto shades that perfectly fit over the window with velcro and I'm going to put those back on when it's time to flower... It will keep out any lights from my side and then I can also put them in the window.

I only get like 1 hour of direct sunlight here so I can time my lights to coincide.

This whole entire alleyway that I live in is very dark and the Sun Hardly penetrates.

Notice how it looks like it's a cloudy day and yet all around me is sun and except for in here it it's almost like a permanent cloud.😇

IMG 20220418 154143
TSD

TSD

I hear you, but usually we don't see "instant reactions" in plants... and according to your grow timeline, you posted day 11 that you sprayed, then day 13, "an unfortunate turn of events." My money is still on the spray. The Evian probably didn't help if they were already getting enough nutrients... not that it matters either way, I'm just saying, spraying any kind of treatment on a seedling is usually a bad idea. Did you get a picture of the powdery mildew?

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

I hear you, but usually we don't see "instant reactions" in plants... and according to your grow timeline, you posted day 11 that you sprayed, then day 13, "an unfortunate turn of events." My money is still on the spray. The Evian probably didn't help if they were already getting enough nutrients... not that it matters either way, I'm just saying, spraying any kind of treatment on a seedling is usually a bad idea. Did you get a picture of the powdery mildew?
Yeah when I used the insecticidal soap with a drop of essential oil the powdery mildew went away on my seedlings.

I did take a picture of that.

TSD

TSD

Yeah when I used the insecticidal soap with a drop of essential oil the powdery mildew went away on my seedlings.

I did take a picture of that.
I was just curious what it looked like. For future reference, fat free milk spray works quite well for powdery mildew, a ratio of 40%milk and 60% water is what I use. You spray it on in the sun and it obliterates the pm... not sure if it works as well indoors, I've never gotten it until moving them outside.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

I was just curious what it looked like. For future reference, fat free milk spray works quite well for powdery mildew, a ratio of 40%milk and 60% water is what I use. You spray it on in the sun and it obliterates the pm... not sure if it works as well indoors, I've never gotten it until moving them outside.
I will look at my archives but I do believe that you can see it if you zoom in on my earlier pictures.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Kelp has little to no nitrogen. I can almost guarantee you that if you fed those plants they would green up and grow. Kelp is used for hormones mostly but also micronutrients. Im not really sure why you think you have nutrient burn but if you want them to survive you need to feed them. It is all a learning expierence at this point but you obviously want this grow to be succesful.

What kind of compost did you use in you soil? Was the soil like pro-mix?

Best of luck

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Kelp has little to no nitrogen. I can almost guarantee you that if you fed those plants they would green up and grow. Kelp is used for hormones mostly but also micronutrients. Im not really sure why you think you have nutrient burn but if you want them to survive you need to feed them. It is all a learning expierence at this point but you obviously want this grow to be succesful.

What kind of compost did you use in you soil? Was the soil like pro-mix?

Best of luck
A mixture of earthworm castings, blood meal, bone meal and feather meal as well as perlite and vermiculite and Redwood bark and sand and loam... A couple of different bags of organic potting mix.

At the beginning of my grow short on nitrogen, had plenty of phosphorus and potassium and I tested the soil... And it wasn't until the nutrient burn and the heat burn and the convergence of those things that then stunted my plants growth... I didn't want to feed them, they were already suffering.... The kelp product that I'm using has 0.5 nitrogen NPK.. I'll switch to some Dr Earth pretty soon... I just wanted to make sure that they were ready for it.

Don't want to end up making another mistake

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

A mixture of earthworm castings, blood meal, bone meal and feather meal as well as perlite and vermiculite and Redwood bark and sand and loam... A couple of different bags of organic potting mix.

At the beginning of my grow short on nitrogen, had plenty of phosphorus and potassium and I tested the soil... And it wasn't until the nutrient burn and the heat burn and the convergence of those things that then stunted my plants growth... I didn't want to feed them, they were already suffering.... The kelp product that I'm using has 0.5 nitrogen NPK.. I'll switch to some Dr Earth pretty soon... I just wanted to make sure that they were ready for it.

Don't want to end up making another mistake
They are just about ready for nutrients though. For anything too intense now won't be good so I'm going to use a quarter of the recommended dose

Homesteader

Homesteader

I am lost then if that is all in your soil. Looks like its never eaten Nitrogen in its life. Blood meal alone should be plenty. Best of luck though. With soil you need to have correct ratios and a solid base to start with. Wood chips require a lot of Nitrogen for microbes to break down.....Perhaps it is being held up in that.....Either way.....Hope the feeding helps

Top Bottom