Purple Haze 💜💜💜☮️ (UNITY) LOVE, RESPECT AND UNDERSTANDING

• Thread starter SunshineSupergirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

Kelp has little to no nitrogen. I can almost guarantee you that if you fed those plants they would green up and grow. Kelp is used for hormones mostly but also micronutrients. Im not really sure why you think you have nutrient burn but if you want them to survive you need to feed them. It is all a learning expierence at this point but you obviously want this grow to be succesful.

What kind of compost did you use in you soil? Was the soil like pro-mix?

Best of luck
Yeah I would feed them in the near future, they are showing signs of growth now, so they are recovering. It will be a good learning experience if nothing else.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I don't think they are autos, and regardless of the fact that they are 36 days old, they haven't been growing or using the nutrients in those 3 gallon pots in that time, they've been clinging to life... but yeah normally at that age they need nutrients... I have no more advice, if they were mine, I'd have cut my losses by now.
@SunshineSupergirl I just went back and re read your journal... I think I know where it all went wrong. I know you think it was the Evian, but I just saw that you said you mixed in Rosemary and peppermint oil and some fungicide for a spray because you thought you had powdery mildew... I think it was the essential oils that burnt and killed them. Even in tiny amounts, Rosemary and peppermint are VERY strong oils, and also once you sprayed it on, it stayed on the leaves and cooked your plants with the light. Oils of any kind are very tricky under lights, and I would never recommend spraying anything like that concoction on seedlings. Full grown healthy plants at lights out, MAYBE, but even then. Seedlings can't stand up to that kind of treatment. Home remedies are great, I try to go organic myself, but just because it's natural doesn't mean it can't hurt your plants. I love that you're still holding out hope... maybe just keep them in an extremely long veg to recover if you're dead set on pushing forward.
said the same thing on another forum but it was the evian definitely lol
even the commercial stuff using these oils have it in such small amounts like 0,001% so even a drop in a lt of water is overkill especially for seedlings. i had the same exact burns before but not on seedlings of course because how can a seedling have pm :)

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I was just curious what it looked like. For future reference, fat free milk spray works quite well for powdery mildew, a ratio of 40%milk and 60% water is what I use. You spray it on in the sun and it obliterates the pm... not sure if it works as well indoors, I've never gotten it until moving them outside.
this has to react with uv so direct sunlight is better

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Thanks, I figured that might be the case... I know it works like a charm outside.
indoors a good option is potassium bicarbonate or dialing in the environment so you dont have to battle with it in the first place :D

Reactions: TSD
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Yeah I've never encountered it indoors, but I'm only indoors for a couple months then everyone gets evicted.
only had it once on cannabis and never on any outdoor crops (mainly tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and stuff)

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
PM loves my climate in the fall unfortunately. 🙄
i live at the shore by the sea so shit ton of humidity every season but a lot of wind too maybe thats whats keeping them fine either case there are far safer options than essential oils :)

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

How is the drainage from your pots? May I ask why drill a bunch of holes to make a air pot then use soil in a IKEA bag as a inner layer? Are you 1000% positive those bags will let water seep thru and not hold moisture?
Yep the fabric material that lines the pots, does well on drainage and air flow, and mold does not develop.

It's an Ikea bed sheet actually.
😇

I drilled a bunch of holes because I wanted the experience of making my own pots.

I'm really happy with these pots.

When the root system grows bigger, it will have a chance to meet the air and that will cause it to Branch out and create more roots. 💚💚💚

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

said the same thing on another forum but it was the evian definitely lol
even the commercial stuff using these oils have it in such small amounts like 0,001% so even a drop in a lt of water is overkill especially for seedlings. i had the same exact burns before but not on seedlings of course because how can a seedling have pm :)
They had this white powdery mildew for a couple of days.

It was someone else at probably the same forum that you're talking about, zoomed in on my plants and showed me the Powdery Mildew.

Screenshot 2022 04 19 10 07 32 060
Screenshot 2022 04 19 10 08 17 310
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
They had this white powdery mildew for a couple of days.

It was someone else at probably the same forum that you're talking about, zoomed in on my plants and showed me the Powdery Mildew.
i’ve seen your pm and it was pm but the oils were too strong for them you should have gone with potassium bicarbonate but whatever happened happened i hope your gals bounce back just relax and take helpful criticism and suggestions as what they are.

many over here and in the growing community have made these or similar mistakes and mostly we are trying to help you and everyone else avoid these mistakes and nothing else.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

i live at the shore by the sea so shit ton of humidity every season but a lot of wind too maybe thats whats keeping them fine either case there are far safer options than essential oils :)

i’ve seen your pm and it was pm but the oils were too strong for them you should have gone with potassium bicarbonate but whatever happened happened i hope your gals bounce back just relax and take helpful criticism and suggestions as what they are.

many over here and in the growing community have made these or similar mistakes and mostly we are trying to help you and everyone else avoid these mistakes and nothing else.
Positive Vibes ONLY.

💜💜💜☮️💪💚

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

View attachment 1237589

HERE I GROW AGAIN...ON MY OWN 🎶🎸🎵🎼..... FEEDING MY PLANTS LIKE I'VE ALWAYS KNOWN! 🎶🎸🎵🎼..... BUT I'VE MADE UP MY MIND, I'M GONNA LISTEN TO ADVICE ONE MORE TIME🎶🎶🎶🎶🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎵🎵🎵🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸❤️

Ok.. For the experts out there.

I should probably use one quarter of what the recipe says on this particular Dr Earth product right?

It's a 111 NPK ratio and I thought it was the perfect solution to give my plants some boost but also be careful because they're very tender still.

Should I use full strength or what do you recommend?

I still have my other organic fertilizer which is the EB Stone fertilizer that has the beneficial bacteria and fungi and that's a 4-6-2 organic solution all dry.

And the plan was to alternate each week with liquid fertilizer at 111 and then the 462 the next week.

But taking advice for sure. ♥️♥️♥️

Homesteader

Homesteader

So the dry nutrients would typically be mixed into your soil before planting. Another way to do this is mixing the dry fert with a few handfuls of soil and top dress or scratch in the top and mix the dry in as best you without getting too close to the roots. I think you would be fine with full strength but I also am confused on what is currently in your soil mix so you may want to start with half strength. Youl'll know within a day if they crave more N. It still looks to me like these plants are just ultra hungry. Personally I would give them a dose at full strength, 1-1-1 just means that 1% of the makeup is N, P, and potassium. I wouldn't go more than that at first but they should be able to handle it

TSD

TSD

I always do half strength for my first dose, but I'm not familiar with that particular fertilizer. They do look very yellow, but it's hard to say the exact cause because they've been through a lot. They might not have the root system to get the nutrients from the majority of the soil right now, and it has been a long time since they were planted. So hard to say, usually they build roots first, but if they were in shock they may not have grown much. If you're afraid to give them full strength, maybe make up a bit of half strength, but only water in a little circle around the plant just to see how they respond... that way if they look like they want more, you don't have to wait for the entire pot to dry out, and if they green up nicely, you can give them just plain water the next time.

Top Bottom