Purple Haze 💜💜💜☮️ (UNITY) LOVE, RESPECT AND UNDERSTANDING

• Thread starter SunshineSupergirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

She's had some hiccups along the way, they must be coming up on two months old by now, and they're acting suspiciously like autos, even though they're supposed to be photos.
Yeah I planted them on March 7th/8th
🧐

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Oh, I know they've had issues. I tried giving them advice before. I saw the plants at the beginning on RIU. For all the time it's gonna take to continue growing that, I'd toss it and start over.

the magic is still going to happen. ☮️

Why would I want to toss such wonderful plants?

No way.💚

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

If the two that are flowering are autos, they will not stop flowering. It is built into their life cycle and is based on time since sprouting, not light cycle. I would just let them do whatever they will. If they are photos and stay under 18hrs of light and stress free, they will probably stop flowering on their own. Kudos on bringing them back to life, I would have given up and started fresh to save time and effort but I can appreciate the sentiment and dedication.
I think being away from my plants for a while and realizing how much I actually need to water them and what they truly needed was definitely a good lesson and I'm just very thankful that they have bounced back.

They definitely needed more dry time, to soak up the water properly.

☮️💚😇

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Hey man, they're your plants. I just wouldn't waste my time growing a single bud personally.
But it's not a single bud, I have 3 plants that have a great chance to thrive.

It's been a learning experience and that's everything. 💚😇

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

But it's not a single bud, I have 3 plants that have a great chance to thrive.

It's been a learning experience and that's everything. 💚😇
The real issue is what to do now.

How to best take care of these plants.

Everything that I learned now is going to be helpful for the next time.

That's why I don't see it as a loss.

I hope you can understand my point of view. 💚

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I think being away from my plants for a while and realizing how much I actually need to water them and what they truly needed was definitely a good lesson and I'm just very thankful that they have bounced back.

They definitely needed more dry time, to soak up the water properly.

☮️💚😇

Yeah, it's hard as a new grower to not be overbearing or always thinking the plants need something more. The best lesson is to be patient and give them nothing more than what they need, including water. When you plant your seeds next time try smaller pots and use a starter mix so it dries out quicker, it will help until the seedling is a little larger and can take up water faster. It's hard to understand at first that with plants sometimes less is better, including ferts, light, wind, water and even human interaction. That's why the people on here stress starting fert schedules at half strength, or fans should only move the leaves a bit not bend branches etc. The real magic happens when you are acting rather than reacting. You'll get there pretty quick just keep it up and you'll find what works for you.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Actually I did use a starter mix but it was only for the first couple of inches and I was using that as a topsoil it was a germination seed starter mix from Jiffy.

The rest of the soil had a mixture of organic compost mix and the seed starting mix.

Overwatering was definitely one of my biggest problems.

Now I'm getting the hang of how much water these plants need we're starting to see the pattern. ☮️🌿

Treecutter

Treecutter

Actually I did use a starter mix but it was only for the first couple of inches and I was using that as a topsoil it was a germination seed starter mix from Jiffy.

The rest of the soil had a mixture of organic compost mix and the seed starting mix.

Overwatering was definitely one of my biggest problems.

Now I'm getting the hang of how much water these plants need we're starting to see the pattern. ☮️🌿
I use coco and worm casting for my starter that's it. If you used any kelp meal or anything else, don't forget to add up you NPK totals of all of them.
As people stated they wouldn't be adding anything to there seedlings as far as food. Basically the plant has enough starches and nutes to grow past its first set of true leaves from consuming the Cotyledons.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
thing is, flowering should be accompanied by a stretch, which isnt visible.
but a plant can also flower regardless of light if it sits in a hostile soil and has no chance to grow healthily

TSD

TSD

but a plant can also flower regardless of light if it sits in a hostile soil and has no chance to grow healthily
I think they were maybe so stressed they completely stunted? I dunno, It'll be an interesting case study!

HighRootz

HighRootz

Back in 97', I had a plant grow out the ground, basically die and was just a stem in the dirt. Weeks go by and as I'm walking by one day I see just a itty bitty flower top. She sprung back up like The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Didn't grow bigger than my thumb but was a tasty little larf snapper when ripe🤣
I feel she going into survival mode and flowering out(may herm) in hopes to get preggers to produce seed, kind of like in the wild. Let them do their thing and learn from these next few weeks to see the flower development and pick her when she's ripe. Next grow, take the info given here and lessons learned from this grow. Get everything ready for flowering and harvest, from bloom nutes to pruners/jars. It may sound like overkill but consider this a dry run. Don't look at the harvest as the reward, but the knowledge gained so you're ready for next round

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Except my soil is the same in all three pots.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Except my soil is the same in all three pots.
mine soil's the same too, same bag and well handmixed... but the one in the corner seems to have difficulties

IMG 20220508 222539

all clones (same genetic), about same height/roots/leaf-number upon transplant...

sometimes it's just impossible to find a causal explanation, could be root problems, or bad bacteria's ... things not visible to the naked eye...

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

mine soil's the same too, same bag and well handmixed... but the one in the corner seems to have difficulties

View attachment 1243073

all clones (same genetic), about same height/roots/leaf-number upon transplant...

sometimes it's just impossible to find a causal explanation, could be root problems, or bad bacteria's ... things not visible to the naked eye...
Still thinking that they are auto flowers, Because grower's choice has both auto and photo purple Haze.

But we shall see what happens!

Top Bottom