#questforfire - Some Pot Plants In Coco With A Few Lights - Aka My Prop 215 Ghetto Basement Grow

• Thread starter motherlode
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
all right - heres some shots I took yesterday - some of the ladies got the chop today (gorilla glue 4 - gorilla nightmare) and the titanic comes down tomorrow - rest of the girls will go one more week
Bl
Gn bc
Jsd bc
Gg
Tit

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
thanks bro - appreciate that

couple more macro shots - cant wait to get a true macro lens

jsd on chop dayView attachment 506825

some titanic about to get its cure on
View attachment 506826
What lens are you using, and are you stacking the shots? I ask because your depth of field doesn't look as shallow as I would expect, the shots are incredibly clear. Dare I say...? Your photos are rivaling those of Doobie Duck's!! :o (I dared!)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
What lens are you using, and are you stacking the shots? I ask because your depth of field doesn't look as shallow as I would expect, the shots are incredibly clear. Dare I say...? Your photos are rivaling those of Doobie Duck's!! :eek: (I dared!)

its a very cheap sigma lens 20-80 mm and you have to lock it into 80mm to use the macro mode - the lens I want (minolta 100mm f2.8) is about 300-400 used for a near mint quality - almost all the near mint ones I have seen on ebay are out of japan - so I think there might be some customs tax too - but we are taking about glass from the 80s and 90s and I am having a hard time pulling the trigger bc I dont want to have to deal with a return if there is an issue

persoanlly I dont think my shizz is nowhere near what DD is putting out - but thanks that is one hellofa compliment

Now I'm a firm believe of "if it's too good to be true..." and it damn near had me thinking that stuff is unreal

lol - thank you

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
its a very cheap sigma lens 20-80 mm and you have to lock it into 80mm to use the macro mode - the lens I want (minolta 100mm f2.8) is about 300-400 used for a near mint quality - almost all the near mint ones I have seen on ebay are out of japan - so I think there might be some customs tax too - but we are taking about glass from the 80s and 90s and I am having a hard time pulling the trigger bc I dont want to have to deal with a return if there is an issue

persoanlly I dont think my shizz is nowhere near what DD is putting out - but thanks that is one hellofa compliment

lol - thank you
I'm trying to remember what lens @Coir uses for his macros, it's a 65mm something (drawing a total blank, my brainfart fu is strong), but it's better than what I have as it can get the really close shots. It requires use of a rail, I'm guessing you have something like that because stabilization is so important here. That lens that I'm brainfarting on runs $1,200-$1,600 online. I assumed you were already using it. so THERE!

Are you familiar with the stacking software? I've played with it in GIMP using my not-so-macro macro lens on the Canon. While I love seeing depth of field, removing that from these kinds of macro shots does make for more amazing.

We SERIOUSLY need a new underwater photog rig. I just realized that. The Oly 8080 is D-E-A-D dead after that one dive.

My dad says don't worry about Japanese glass not working out (he's been an "amateur" photog since before I was born. So "amateur" he studied with Ansel Adams), just get it if you find it.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
DSC 2357
coir, dd and fractal roots all use that canon lens your trying to think of - i think its a 65mpe or something like that - most good macro glass can do a 1:1 but the mpe is capable of a 5:1 image - pair that with a 20 something megapixel sensor and you can crop 100% and really get in there

Minolta made a 3:1 lens - thing looks like it is lab grade - pretty fricking bad ass with its own (vertical) rail system built in - the 2 i have seen on ebay were 1500 and 1700

but Im going to try some bellows or extension tubes

have also loved canon glass and video cameras - did a lot of work with the xl platform in the 90's all the way until hd became standard - I could see myself buying a canon body at some point

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

lol - thank you
I have a Sigma 20-80 that came with my old rebel (film), sadly it doesn't work on my newer digital rebel....gotta get one and I always forget to hunt on ebay for them.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
ok so time to get this back rockin in here - this time with quite a few changes

back to everything in trays with my patented 2 layer trellis setup - pots are 3,5 gal buckets I got free from my local bakery - medium this time is a 50/50 coco/perlite mix and the hand watering will be a thing of the past - also the next pics I post should include the new gavita 600/750 de lights and controller I am about to pick up and I am also trying out them greenstone nutes and most of their additives

I am running gorilla glue 4 and some white fire (last of my first run seeds) 4 plants per light - I need a new wifi keeper

some of the killer additives from Greenstone with a close up of the canopy i think day 4 or 5
Greenstone

and here is the canopy as of a few days ago - week 1 in the books
11378721 467909936711801 1304525857 n

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
came out from the flower room to grab my phone to take a quick shot of the canopy (under gavitas now) and smelled something acrid - like maybe wires heating up about to start a fire - zip open the tent - nothing going bad in there - open the back door to go check out the breakers and it hits me...

SKUNK!!! so fucking strong - I was just taking in a deep whiff to see if I could still smell the "burning wires" lol - maybe it had to spray a coyote or something - sure hope it got away bc I have no interest in disposing of a skunk carcass

my eyes are still watering

so I will at least get a snapshot of the (totally out of hand) canopy and post it up later

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
so here we are day 20 - quite full now - my favorite wifi pheno (so far) is that runt - damn thing blew up on flip and already has more bud formation then anything on the table

you might be thinking the room has a purple (cold) hue for hps bulbs - that is due to the method 7 camera filter Im holding in front of my cellphone illustrated in the second shot

Canopy 20
Room filter

Top Bottom