Rdwc And Coco Coir Adventures #nobubbles

• Thread starter mandalaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ok some updates. No more attempted funny pics, tough crowd here :cry: @rmoltis should i tie down the Amnesia again tonight? Or let it go another day or two? @EventHorizan I'm loving the RDWC. Do you know if Coco/Perlite weighs heavier than a HP ProMix blend? I thought Coco needed more frequent watering. But it seems the Coco I have dries slower. Or it just weighs heavier ?

View attachment 660632 View attachment 660633 View attachment 660634 View attachment 660635 View attachment 660636 View attachment 660637 View attachment 660639 View attachment 660640 View attachment 660641 View attachment 660642 View attachment 660643
they look good! Rdwc is what its all about huh lol?

mandalaman

mandalaman

And nope i dont know anything about promix. I add hydroton to mine so that it needs watered every day regardless..
Are you giving more than 10% runoff?
I don't know. I wait till they feel light and feed till I start to see a tiny bit come out the bottom. I just don't feel like I'm doing the only big Coco pot I have correctly. I feel like I'm underwatering but pot feels heavy still...

This one:
IMG 3061

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I don't know. I wait till they feel light and feed till I start to see a tiny bit come out the bottom. I just don't feel like I'm doing the only big Coco pot I have correctly. I feel like I'm underwatering but pot feels heavy still...

This one:View attachment 660649
prob just because its a bigger pot and the roots havent filled it out fully yet. This is where you decide what you think is the best thing to do. I once had a plant that was havng N tocicity, before i understood nutrients, and i flushed with proper ratio feed and then let the pot dry for 3 days(i know what your thinking), and in 3 days they were perky and looking great! And I went back to normal feeding and she did better. So maybe that 3 days helped the roots

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Ok some updates. No more attempted funny pics, tough crowd here :cry: @rmoltis should i tie down the Amnesia again tonight? Or let it go another day or two? @EventHorizan I'm loving the RDWC. Do you know if Coco/Perlite weighs heavier than a HP ProMix blend? I thought Coco needed more frequent watering. But it seems the Coco I have dries slower. Or it just weighs heavier ?

View attachment 660632 View attachment 660633 View attachment 660634 View attachment 660635 View attachment 660636 View attachment 660637 View attachment 660639 View attachment 660640 View attachment 660641 View attachment 660642 View attachment 660643

Those things look good.

When it comes to tying down.
When you first tie down a branch it only bends so far. Don't try to push it later.

Rather as the next node on the branch grows out. Let it get tough enough to be tied down without flopping. You'll take your tie and slid it over the next node. As each tied branch grows you readjust daily, weekly however fast she grows. You can leave her tied down all through flower to let light get down through the canopy.

Everything is looking great!
You already startin ta look like a master with lst :)

mandalaman

mandalaman

Those things look good.

When it comes to tying down.
When you first tie down a branch it only bends so far. Don't try to push it later.

Rather as the next node on the branch grows out. Let it get tough enough to be tied down without flopping. You'll take your tie and slid it over the next node. As each tied branch grows you readjust daily, weekly however fast she grows. You can leave her tied down all through flower to let light get down through the canopy.

Everything is looking great!
You already startin ta look like a master with lst :)

Awesome. Just tied her down. Here's two pics of post tie down. What you said makes perfect sense but hadn't occurred to me. Thank you. The cool thing is with the skewer in the airpor I can just twist the skewer and it tightens the yarn... lucked out with that random idea which had no forethought. Lol. And I'm learning from the best so I'm hoping to get good. I keep going and looking at the uniformity and pure awesomeness of the beast for inspiration. And dealing with no nets is a major plus. :)

IMG 3068
IMG 3069

mandalaman

mandalaman

prob just because its a bigger pot and the roots havent filled it out fully yet. This is where you decide what you think is the best thing to do. I once had a plant that was havng N tocicity, before i understood nutrients, and i flushed with proper ratio feed and then let the pot dry for 3 days(i know what your thinking), and in 3 days they were perky and looking great! And I went back to normal feeding and she did better. So maybe that 3 days helped the roots
Does that plant look like N tox? Maybe it does seem a bit dark... maybe flush with RO is in order?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Awesome. Just tied her down. Here's two pics of post tie down. What you said makes perfect sense but hadn't occurred to me. Thank you. The cool thing is with the skewer in the airpor I can just twist the skewer and it tightens the yarn... lucked out with that random idea which had no forethought. Lol. And I'm learning from the best so I'm hoping to get good. I keep going and looking at the uniformity and pure awesomeness of the beast for inspiration. And dealing with no nets is a major plus. :)

View attachment 660678 View attachment 660679

Keep training your gals and I'll have to relinquish The Beast title :p

Usually when my plants start to encounter light n tox. It's when I am adjusting n levels. Once I see the tips of the leaves start to bend/point down. That is the very first sign. You want nice flat leaves. The super dark green leaves coupled with the talon is the first sign.
Cannabis leaves tips down sm

If you continue the n tox it will cause the tiny tips of the leaves to turn yellow.
Nutrient burn cannabis

Flowering marijuana leaf curled down too much nitrogen sm

If it gets heavy the cupping/clawing of the leaf gets worse and yellow will spread inwards on the leaf as it turns brown and dies. Not all n tox shows yellowing color.
Marijuana droopy leaves nitrogen toxic sm

So from what I can see I'd say no. But you have a better view of them.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Usually when my plants start to encounter light n tox. It's when I am adjusting n levels. Once I see the tips of the leaves start to bend/point down. That is the very first sign. You want nice flat leaves. The super dark green leaves coupled with the talon is the first sign.
View attachment 660752

If you continue the n tox it will cause the tiny tips of the leaves to turn yellow.
View attachment 660753
View attachment 660755
If it gets heavy the cupping/clawing of the leaf gets worse and yellow will spread inwards on the leaf as it turns brown and dies. Not all n tox shows yellowing color.
View attachment 660754

Awesome. Awesome post. Thanks.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

No no no..... I was just explaining a earlier situation I had. Sorry didn't mean to confuse you.
Even tho I run straight water ro.... thru my system for 24 hrs... when I flip.... Then hit them with the bloom nutes... I'm gonna extend the grow on these autos for a couple more weeks and just use Kool bloom Week 4 and 5 then week 6 switch up to bloom. ...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

View attachment 660752

View attachment 660753
View attachment 660755
View attachment 660754

If you read all that the single most important line is this one! Good post Rmol!

Not all n tox shows yellowing color.

Latest posts

Top Bottom