Rival's Funk Lab

• Thread starter RIVAL79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ete530

ete530

Thanx! Haha, hey the bsf was a joint effort there bud! And your welcome for that ribbon! And that cut of bsf#1.. I knew that pheno was a winner when she was in veg. Good mix of the mom and dad. Your gonna dig this pat also bro. Thanx to ete530 for that cut!
Very nice pics everything looks top notch. Nice to see they have a good home!! Hopefully you and rival can get together and make some beans from those cuts because that BSF#1 is looking real nice!!

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
White OG v2.0 #1
DSCN3653
DSCN3651
DSCN3656

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
We r in the home stretch now! Another week or so and it's time to end this show. Next round should be in the New and Improved Funk Labs. Keep an eye out for that coming in the near future. Glad every1 has stuck it out thru thick and thin with me! I appreciate all the comments and positive vibes from my Farm Fam. Much love and Respect from the True Healers Collective, Altered Soul Clothing, Dabbers Delight Utensils and Funk Lab Genetics! Keep it Funky, y'all.

true grit

true grit

OK. I beg to differ, bro! I don't think they put out more light. I seen how they preform and I wasn't impressed. Who says it's Fact? Gavita or U?

Ya pretty much light tests, spectrum graphs, etc. Ive been in some grows with them side by side with 1ks and growth rate is noticeably different. Definitely is the way to go if you have enough AC. You also need ceiling height which i don't think a lotta folks have enough...throw off some heat. After seeing them side by side and test grows- when i upgrade it will 100% be to those or papillions.

Jdub1

Jdub1

Ya pretty much light tests, spectrum graphs, etc. Ive been in some grows with them side by side with 1ks and growth rate is noticeably different. Definitely is the way to go if you have enough AC. You also need ceiling height which i don't think a lotta folks have enough...throw off some heat. After seeing them side by side and test grows- when i upgrade it will 100% be to those or papillions.
So they need extra ac and have to be raised quite a bit higher than an aircooled hood due to the heat they put off? Wouldnt the fact that they cant be as close to the plants negatively affect the lumens the plants receive and having to use the extra power for more ac cut down on the overall efficiency also? Just askin because I am curious about getting some also but sometimes people like to hop on the bandwagon when something "newer" and "better" come out only to find that it aint all it cracked up to be.. You can throw charts, graphs and whatever out there but I want to see some finished product that looks drastically better than the AAA dank that a lot of these guys including Rival produce with regular air cooled hoods etc to justify paying the expense feel me. When I see that then sign me up for a whole new gavita setup haha.

true grit

true grit

Its not that they have extra heat or need extra ac, its that its not a vented light and the actual output of the light is that much more intense. I say you have to have plenty of AC because if youve run hoods without glass/no air cooling, then your ac is gonna be running- and these are not air cooled. Some cats are running those and Papillions and are saying the hood design with the papillion is better, better side dispersion of light and can be closer to the canopy. And no being further away with more intense light is not hurting anything it appears. Some cats are even running less lights because they work more efficiently than standard set ups.

Don't get me wrong, im aircooled and even when not aircooled get great results. But for something that actually is putting out better light and at pretty similar price range, and lasts longer, i'll be upgrading when possible.

If you don't wanna take that leap, and want to see increase over standard air cooled set up, then pull out your glass and watch how much it helps with growth yield. Thing is most folks don't have adequate ac to do so on multilight set ups. Do the math and a set for a new digi ballast, bulb, and big hood is gonna cost ya $400-500, the $600 cost for complete gavita set up that is better isn't all that bad sounding.

flowamasta

flowamasta

Seeing that sour pebs...... My ganja God!! made me nearly cream my pantz :p

Always looking deliciously entertaining and artistic Rival. Class at its best :)

Enjoy your fruits

Top Bottom