Road Kill Skunk - Ester Alcohols, Train-wreck and the Catpiss Connection

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

I think I got a strain I put together that's going to blow people's minds when they smoke it, I will post pictures when I decide to do my next indoor grow. It's Jedi glue crossed with death star which gave me Jedi death star, I only got 5 seeds but only need one when it comes time to grow her.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I think I got a strain I put together that's going to blow people's minds when they smoke it, I will post pictures when I decide to do my next indoor grow. It's Jedi glue crossed with death star which gave me Jedi death star, I only got 5 seeds but only need one when it comes time to grow her.
That’s dope man! I’m on the same mission you are I too am pollen chucking a bunch of strains. Cant wait to see your picks hopefully you find a magic pheno 😎👍

K

KieferStufferland

You've described run of the mill polyhybrid herb from the era. Too much flavor. No direction in breeding because it all came out overly dank and complex.

Back before the Dutch CalMaggots moved in and ruined every American's herb with bs grow info. Stinky weed was nothing special back then. The Dutch fertilizer mafia must have had a followup meeting after green merchant failed to network the domestic dank supply. The new plan: Tell everyone that miracle gro is ruining their dank with excess nitrogen, then proceed to ruin their dank with excess cal-nit and sell them a flush/finisher/sweetener to make up for the destroyed/incomplete metabolism that resulted from the Calcium poisoning.

Don't tell me you didn't notice all the herb smellin like the sweetners when that shit showed up.. It did. Because they wiped out the natural flavors and left growers clamoring for something.

The genetics aren't the root of the problem. It's the way they've been grown since that era. Calcium toxic. High pH. No trace mins. No fats, no enzymes, no acid rain, just large amounts of sugarcane dna and tons of ground up animal bones. That's all it took to deactivate the plants ability to protect itself from photo-oxidation via thiols. Now we got playdough playtime weed. The Marijuana plant turns purple now for anti-oxidation, instead of producing thiols and glycerol esters like a Marijuana should..

People are so worried about genetically modified weed, Well there it is. Calmag killed cannabis quality. Growers should have understood that something called Sour Lemon Goat Piss is not going to like being grown in acid-neutralizing sulfur-binding potassium-excluding chalkmoss for endless generations. The enzymes to create those acidic molecules no longer exist.

Hell, most Marijuana grows are severely potassium deficient, via calcium toxicity (better dim your lights bro!) You're not going to get acidic compounds like thiols, without sufficient potassium. The modern grow scene is so far off base when it comes to basic nutritional needs. Not a single person I've met has been able to explain the virtues of calcium for cannabis. Everyone simply takes the calbait and calruins their calweed.

Ironically I'm growing 707 Cat piss right now and wanted OSC for comparison, but he only had crosses. You can tell he botched his grow with cattle bone meal.. the absolute worst form of calcium toxicity as the plant is now taking up methionine attached to cow dna,and calcium-phos-boron complexes with the fats removed. This is the #1 way to wreck Cannabis..

Only 25% of the 707 CP have a hint of a natural smell, the White Spruce/boxwood/black currant/tomcat thiol, and it's nothing exciting at all. Probably would've been more interesting without all that calcium in his soil.

Cat Piss does not smell like ammonia by the way. It smells like catty thiols, p-methane-8-thiol-3-one for example, often mixed with carboxlic acids and the esters released from those compounds upon oxidation. Too many people these days confuse dank with trash... Ammonia..? Have you actually smelled ammonia? Weed does not smell like ammonia. Calnit being ferments by mold does though. (Make sure to night harvest and keep the humidity up yall lol)

No other flavorcentric industry is as confused about the entire focus of their craft. It's pretty sad that Kevin Jodrey is seen as some sort of weed growing hero. Lots of people end up dead raided disbarred banned bugged out and jailed around him. Lots of dead medical breeders in Norcal.. Even one who specifically gave Jodrey an untainted 80s skunk project that went hush the day Jodrey made a deal with a large commercial grower with a similar "kingpin out in the open for decades now gone legal while the rest of you still getting busted" history.

Most of what Jodrey says is bullshit, that only young naive forum growers would buy. He says he invented the dab rig in 2014 for Christ's sake.. When people say obvious bullshit like that, they are scaring off the critics and keeping the gullible around. Classic cult tactic. No one qualified to teach a cannabis school would classify skunk as an ester, or claim that kief is referring to the resin portion of a dry sift. I would say he simply took a boomer fake it til you make it dvd course to get a nursery deal, but shit man, I've heard of people sending him old genetics and they disappear faster than skunkmans actually skunky skunk did.

The sulfur component is the main aspect. 3-methyl-2-butene-1-thiol aka Skunk, is a terpenoid, an ester, and a thiol, but call it a thiol if you don't want to get laughed at moving forward. The flavor industry is well developed outside of Cannabis. The people calling everything a terpene are the ones selling bottled fruit scrap waste as flavor additives. Those 16 or so trash terpenes. The legal industry don't care how shitty the weed is, they'll just sweeten it. The terpene con is just about up and no one batted an eye. Worried about vitamin 3 while vaping floor cleaner.. They've made billions off of distillate with lemon peels in it.. Time to start recreating actual flavors lol. Citrus does not taste like limonene.. There are thiols and acids in citrus fruit that give its flavor and aroma.. The peel is the chaff, the kief, not the fruit.. Weird times to be alive, when these ancient objective concepts can be turned upside down at the whim of commercial interests..

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

You've described run of the mill polyhybrid herb from the era. Too much flavor. No direction in breeding because it all came out overly dank and complex.

Back before the Dutch CalMaggots moved in and ruined every American's herb with bs grow info. Stinky weed was nothing special back then. The Dutch fertilizer mafia must have had a followup meeting after green merchant failed to network the domestic dank supply. The new plan: Tell everyone that miracle gro is ruining their dank with excess nitrogen, then proceed to ruin their dank with excess cal-nit and sell them a flush/finisher/sweetener to make up for the destroyed/incomplete metabolism that resulted from the Calcium poisoning.

Don't tell me you didn't notice all the herb smellin like the sweetners when that shit showed up.. It did. Because they wiped out the natural flavors and left growers clamoring for something.

The genetics aren't the root of the problem. It's the way they've been grown since that era. Calcium toxic. High pH. No trace mins. No fats, no enzymes, no acid rain, just large amounts of sugarcane dna and tons of ground up animal bones. That's all it took to deactivate the plants ability to protect itself from photo-oxidation via thiols. Now we got playdough playtime weed. The Marijuana plant turns purple now for anti-oxidation, instead of producing thiols and glycerol esters like a Marijuana should..

People are so worried about genetically modified weed, Well there it is. Calmag killed cannabis quality. Growers should have understood that something called Sour Lemon Goat Piss is not going to like being grown in acid-neutralizing sulfur-binding potassium-excluding chalkmoss for endless generations. The enzymes to create those acidic molecules no longer exist.

Hell, most Marijuana grows are severely potassium deficient, via calcium toxicity (better dim your lights bro!) You're not going to get acidic compounds like thiols, without sufficient potassium. The modern grow scene is so far off base when it comes to basic nutritional needs. Not a single person I've met has been able to explain the virtues of calcium for cannabis. Everyone simply takes the calbait and calruins their calweed.

Ironically I'm growing 707 Cat piss right now and wanted OSC for comparison, but he only had crosses. You can tell he botched his grow with cattle bone meal.. the absolute worst form of calcium toxicity as the plant is now taking up methionine attached to cow dna,and calcium-phos-boron complexes with the fats removed. This is the #1 way to wreck Cannabis..

Only 25% of the 707 CP have a hint of a natural smell, the White Spruce/boxwood/black currant/tomcat thiol, and it's nothing exciting at all. Probably would've been more interesting without all that calcium in his soil.

Cat Piss does not smell like ammonia by the way. It smells like catty thiols, p-methane-8-thiol-3-one for example, often mixed with carboxlic acids and the esters released from those compounds upon oxidation. Too many people these days confuse dank with trash... Ammonia..? Have you actually smelled ammonia? Weed does not smell like ammonia. Calnit being ferments by mold does though. (Make sure to night harvest and keep the humidity up yall lol)

No other flavorcentric industry is as confused about the entire focus of their craft. It's pretty sad that Kevin Jodrey is seen as some sort of weed growing hero. Lots of people end up dead raided disbarred banned bugged out and jailed around him. Lots of dead medical breeders in Norcal.. Even one who specifically gave Jodrey an untainted 80s skunk project that went hush the day Jodrey made a deal with a large commercial grower with a similar "kingpin out in the open for decades now gone legal while the rest of you still getting busted" history.

Most of what Jodrey says is bullshit, that only young naive forum growers would buy. He says he invented the dab rig in 2014 for Christ's sake.. When people say obvious bullshit like that, they are scaring off the critics and keeping the gullible around. Classic cult tactic. No one qualified to teach a cannabis school would classify skunk as an ester, or claim that kief is referring to the resin portion of a dry sift. I would say he simply took a boomer fake it til you make it dvd course to get a nursery deal, but shit man, I've heard of people sending him old genetics and they disappear faster than skunkmans actually skunky skunk did.

The sulfur component is the main aspect. 3-methyl-2-butene-1-thiol aka Skunk, is a terpenoid, an ester, and a thiol, but call it a thiol if you don't want to get laughed at moving forward. The flavor industry is well developed outside of Cannabis. The people calling everything a terpene are the ones selling bottled fruit scrap waste as flavor additives. Those 16 or so trash terpenes. The legal industry don't care how shitty the weed is, they'll just sweeten it. The terpene con is just about up and no one batted an eye. Worried about vitamin 3 while vaping floor cleaner.. They've made billions off of distillate with lemon peels in it.. Time to start recreating actual flavors lol. Citrus does not taste like limonene.. There are thiols and acids in citrus fruit that give its flavor and aroma.. The peel is the chaff, the kief, not the fruit.. Weird times to be alive, when these ancient objective concepts can be turned upside down at the whim of commercial interests..
Wow for a first post you really went all out. I guess Kevin Jodrey must have triggered you. Take it easy Will Smith you come in here slapping everyone like you own the place. 😂 Im not discrediting your information you do sound very knowledgeable. I don't know Kevin nor do I worship him as an industry God. He's just a guy on youtube that I have seen before. He sounded knowledgable. That simple. But if you say he's BS then I guess I gotta take your word for it.

Screen Shot 2022 04 23 at 62643 PM

Last edited:
Bullybeans420

Bullybeans420

Most ppl are to scared to speak out i seen tons of bullshit in this game i went to a seminar kevin was having and some of the things he was saying was blowing my mind and that voice he kept freaking me out like a was on a series of the munsters i paid over a hundred bucks to hear what i left feeling like i was cheated and drove 2 hrs to get to the seminar i think everyone there was confused he kept going in circles and nothing made sense so then he went to his war story play book to make the ppl think he was a billy th3 kid out law but nothing about what he was doing was under the law if you ask me from some of the stories he told that he might of been an informant just my thinking i mean he tells these stories and everyone ends up in jail but he just so happens to get away .i would go to a free event of this guy talking again i could of got similiar stories by getting together with a few grow buddies and passing around a stogy....great post by the way i respect ppl who stand up and speak there mind .. thank you for that ...😉👍

Bullybeans420

Bullybeans420

Most ppl are to scared to speak out i seen tons of bullshit in this game i went to a seminar kevin was having and some of the things he was saying was blowing my mind and that voice he kept freaking me out like a was on a series of the munsters i paid over a hundred bucks to hear what i left feeling like i was cheated and drove 2 hrs to get to the seminar i think everyone there was confused he kept going in circles and nothing made sense so then he went to his war story play book to make the ppl think he was a billy th3 kid out law but nothing about what he was doing was under the law if you ask me from some of the stories he told that he might of been an informant just my thinking i mean he tells these stories and everyone ends up in jail but he just so happens to get away .i would go to a free event of this guy talking again i could of got similiar stories by getting together with a few grow buddies and passing around a stogy....great post by the way i respect ppl who stand up and speak there mind .. thank you for that ...😉👍
Spell check that was

I wouldnt go to free event of his if they paid me ...

shaganja

shaganja

Just went to the regenerative conference in michigan. Paid 5 hundo. Didnt learn much new info. And cold af. Unheated building. Wished I didnt go.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Looks killer man good job! Was it straight deathstar seeds or a cross when you started it? I was looking online I heard Mota has a killer Ohio deathstar however when I did the search I was only finding strains that had the deathstar in the cross but not pure deathstar. Like the ones below...

Anyone know where you can get straight Ohio Deathstar uncrossed? The real original is what I am interested in.
I done already told you mayne. AK BEAN BRAINS

I said mota has a few nice crosses. But AKBB has the pure.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I done already told you mayne. AK BEAN BRAINS

I said mota has a few nice crosses. But AKBB has the pure.

Sorry brother the reason why I didn't mention AKBB is because I did a search for the Deathstar on their website and I swear I didn't see it before. But then just now I did a deeper google search and you are correct they do have it! Maybe I was tripping or maybe the website wasn't updated. Either way I stand corrected they do have the deathstar. Found it on JBC...

Screen Shot 2022 04 23 at 94246 PM

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Last time I saw RKS in my neck of the woods, Eastern Kentucky was in 1984. My buddy grew it from 1979-1984, and he got ratted out, and the cops got it. Never saw it again.

The original genetics came fro Meigs County Ohio, which at the time was known as the Humboldt County of the East. The was a Sativa Dominant strain with big, long skinny leaves. The plants could get 10 feet tall. As best as my buddy can remember he was told it had Kerela in it, but was also crossed with something else he doesnt remember.

I wouldnt doubt Deathstar came from Meigs County. First Afghani also came from Meigs County

Last edited:
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Last time I saw RKS in my neck of the woods, Eastern Kentucky was in 1984. My buddy grew it from 1979-1984, and he got ratted out, and the cops got it. Never saw it again.

The original genetics came fro Meigs County Ohio, which at the time was known as the Humboldt County of the East. The was a Sativa Dominant strain with big, long skinny leaves. The plants could get 10 feet tall. As best as my buddy can remember he was told it had Kerela in it, but was also srossed with something else he doesnt remember.

I wouldnt doubt Deathstar came from Meigs County.
Yeah Im pretty sure the original RKS from Kentucky/Ohio region had sativa in it. This is true. I believe your story there was amazing skunk in that region around that era. I just wish I was born a little earlier to experience it all. Dam it LOL! 😩😂

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Im pretty sure my buddy said he got the genetics from William "NOODLES" Hayes. He would be 81 years old now. My buddy is 72. Im 64 YEARS OLD. For good or bad, I started smoking weed when I was 8 years old in 1966. My older sisters boyfriend used to get me stoned. He was 14. He also turned me on the Jimi Hendrix in 1967, and all kinds of other music. King Crimson in 69.

William "NOODLES" Hayes died in 2020 at St Marys Hospital in Huntington West Virginia. I live 20 miles from there in Ky. He did 8 years in prison for marijuana cultivation, and thats about the time the Skunk dried up as far as Im concerned. He also created Meigs County Gold which was a Skunk x Nl#2. Thats what his son says.

My buddy used to play in a band named Appalachian Mainline in the early 70s, and played all kinds of college gigs, and opened for Joe Walsh in 1970 at Morgantown University in West Virginia. My buddy is still alive and kicking.
He played in a band before that called The Outcast. One of the members. Ralph Morman went on to sing on Joe Perrys solo album Let The Music Do The Talking when Perry quit Arrowsmith. He also sang for Savoy Brown, Angel, and Bux. Ralph died about 6-7 years ago from prostate cancer. My sister went to school with his wife Debbie.

They had tons of cneeections for weed back then. Im also friends with Billy Ray Cyrus, and his brother Kevin. I play guitar, and sometimes jam with Kevin. He also plays guitar. Billy lived 10 miles from me when he lived her in Ky. He likes weed.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

AKBB has a lot more than whats on his site. And also JBC doesn't list a couple things like his good old NL5xhaze . That is on NEITHER site. But he's got it. Basically you have to email him and see what he has.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Yeah Im pretty sure the original RKS from Kentucky/Ohio region had sativa in it. This is true. I believe your story there was amazing skunk in that region around that era. I just wish I was born a little earlier to experience it all. Dam it LOL! 😩😂
The sativa back in the '90s when I grew it in Ohio was called the zebra. Long skinny fan leaves and I had plants over 12 feet tall. Also was growing the skunk with it in my grows.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Me to AKBB : "if you were to roll a joint for phil anselmo of pantera. what would you hand him?"

AKBB
Hard to say a strong ass 60 day would be nl1,skunk qabbage , I call the tknl5haze far beyond driven,
If I was smokin with phill I’d be smoking a no ceilings nl5/haze ,tknl5haze,or consumption,ssh/ tknl5haze
D

shaganja

shaganja

Just went to the regenerative conference in michigan. Paid 5 hundo. Didnt learn much new info. And cold af. Unheated building. Wished I didnt go.
And the 4 sections of flavor? Earth, floral, fruit, and gas? Not sure it's that simple. She has so much we havent even experienced yet. Not impressed that she is simplified to one person's idea, and then passed around as law.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

So how do we fix it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom