Fear Not!
Supporter
I bleached everything and started over from seeds
So far so good
20150408 073633 1

winter crop of Tropiccoma from Baba G Golden Lion genetics

scrapmapple

scrapmapple

i got em in late dec. i killed every adult plant. like alot of em:( chose the few plants i COULD NOT let go of. i started by dipping cuts of those in avid and forbid. interspersed w/ biowar; once cuts rooted, tossed donor plants. vegged those new cuttings dunking in forbid and avid again w/ ogbiowar interspersed. after they were big enough took cuts off of those then did the same. once i got cuts from those, now 3 gen. out from donor plants vegged them while rotating organic measures. the toxins in forbid n avid are atleast 8 week residuals if i remember correctly.
this was the arsenal of omri:
monterey (spinosa)
essentria (geraniol)
Mpede (potassium salts of fatty acids)
azatrol (azadirachtin)
evergreen (pyganic)
ogBiowar biobrew
natural Mystik (dragonfly earth med)
conserve sc (spinosa 11%)
i often sprayed ogbiowar biobrew as a foliar inbetween almost every application. (OGBIOWAR was instrumental in my success imho)
did this for about 3 weeks then took cuttings again. now im 3+mos. out with my new moms 4gens. from the russet era.
i scope w/ a 300x usb microscope almost every day too.
also i should say that after i realized i had russet mites i killed ALL plants. even ones i didnt see em on. went on the assumption they were there and not dug in. no chance for reintroduction. i only found traces of them on a few; but from all the help here on the farm i realized it was a BIG FOOKIN deal. biblical pestilence type shnitt. so i killed em off. any chance of a chance of a chance.
about 1.5 mos. in after imwas convinced i had the environment clean and under control again i started new seeds as well as nursing my orginal lineup back to health.
i dont regret taking 3 mos. to get rid of em. i grow ommp quality meds too and cant imagine spraying some of the shit ive heard about on medicine. anyways: lots of phone alarms and dry erase boards and calendars with a hardcore IPM plan.
biggest lesson ive ever learned. my quarantine regiment is laser tight now and the gates are closed.
never again.

venial

venial

how's everyone look on the russet front ? i got all my girls outside and was going to scope this weekend but I have them surrounded by about 10-12 autoflowers on the last couple weeks of their flower cycle and no russet damage there. before anyone says what idiot grows autos outdoors keep in mind this was a test, to put a flowering plant in the backyard where the infestation existed and so far I've seen none. All from seed start. I also wonder if handling last years medicine or perhaps the trim could lead to contamination. I've also had a strict IPM every 3 days since everything is still so small and easy manage. Hope all are well!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You're not an idiot, and it sounds like you *may* have won the war. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and everyone else who's had to take this russet mite road.

H

halfmoon

Not sure if it's what you have- but that looks identical to the russet mite damage I experienced a couple years ago. The vector plants were just destroyed by those fuckers.

They are minuscule and not visible to the eye. I saw what looked like a beige or off white fungus on the main stem of the vector plant, scraped it with my fingernail and looked under the scope... All mites, thousands just on the tip of my fingernail. But yes they also ate the pistils with fury, it was the first indication that something was off.

Good luck I hope it's something else, russets are the worst pest I've experienced so far.
I have ,beleive it or not found a cure for russet mites

H

halfmoon

I studied infected plant with russet mites and tried everything under the sun . it turns out acetametiphine.the ingrediant in Tylenol if you make a tea in a foiler feed bottle using nylon sock ect and spray plants they are erradicated dead gone . i know it sounds weird but im telling u it works

Aligee

Aligee

I studied infected plant with russet mites and tried everything under the sun . it turns out acetametiphine.the ingrediant in Tylenol if you make a tea in a foiler feed bottle using nylon sock ect and spray plants they are erradicated dead gone . i know it sounds weird but im telling u it works
:hungover:

Thanks for your reply's and support everyone!
I bought an good airless paint sprayer last night at lowes and sprayed aspirin and a little sm90 this mornin
and im going to water with asprin also as soon its melted
I cant get my hands on avid for a few days
I have some Azamax..I think im going to start with that this evening

But yeah..I think im going to have to go with Avid..:meh:
and then harvest late (if there is one)
and yeah..i wont let anyone eat this weed
Its only for smoking..if there is any

I was sent a link to this thread and im going to do what The OP in it suggests
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=246324&page=3
Thanks again for the support!

i will keep yall updated

ncga

ncga

how's everyone look on the russet front ? i got all my girls outside and was going to scope this weekend but I have them surrounded by about 10-12 autoflowers on the last couple weeks of their flower cycle and no russet damage there. before anyone says what idiot grows autos outdoors keep in mind this was a test, to put a flowering plant in the backyard where the infestation existed and so far I've seen none. All from seed start. I also wonder if handling last years medicine or perhaps the trim could lead to contamination. I've also had a strict IPM every 3 days since everything is still so small and easy manage. Hope all are well!
Nice to see IPM mentioned

If anyone in Norcal is having a problem they are easy to get rid of now and do a bit of preventive work. I will be checking in box for the next few weeks while I have a bit of time. If you have not taken IPM steps by mid July you have lost the war

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Nice to see IPM mentioned

If anyone in Norcal is having a problem they are easy to get rid of now and do a bit of preventive work. I will be checking in box for the next few weeks while I have a bit of time. If you have not taken IPM steps by mid July you have lost the war
Easy to get rid of now? Please tell us more! I agree IPM is the best way
What are you spraying?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I think it's a great idea to have flowers blooming it's a great indicator! I didn't know I had russets last year until the flowers appeared and were damaged
I've been flowering and watching closely too.
Best of luck to you!
And everyone!

Top Bottom