Sea Green Bullshit I'm tired of hearing about it!

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

jfizzle the Dutch have done extensive research on the Tulip for centuries

You can Google "Tulip Mania" to see what I'm referring to
The Dutch were/ and are still obsessed with Tulips/flowers /bulbs
The flower industry is a huge industry in the Netherlands to this day

They became obsessed with Tulips in the 15th century
By 1636 The Tulip bulb was the 4th largest Dutch export commodity
A few centuries ago Dutch Tulip bulbs sold for as much a some Dutch homes did at the time

The Dutch have done extensive University studies and tests on Tulips and other flowers for centuries

At this point in history there has been far more legitimate research into Tulips by the Dutch than Cannabis

I've spent substantial time in the Netherlands as I have relatives near Haarlem
Their Tulip/flower industry is impressive to say the least
My cousin worked at the Aalsmeer Flower Auction for years
I would highly suggest checking it out if you're ever in the Netherlands, it's amazing to say the least.

Point of clarification - "Tulip Mania" refers to nothing more than the phenomenon of asset (value) bubbles, specifically tulips in holland a few centuries ago. It is a case study in "irrational exuberance" in markets. And it is an especially good study because of the seemingly ridiculous asset class itself - actual tulips. But it has nothing to do with growing or the research science of (tulip) plant genetics.

Eventually every asset bubble will return to it's mean value. Current assets bubbles may include: The U.S. dollar, the U.S. stock market, housing (still) , lol ...

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

jfizzle the Dutch have done extensive research on the Tulip for centuries

You can Google "Tulip Mania" to see what I'm referring to
The Dutch were/ and are still obsessed with Tulips/flowers /bulbs
The flower industry is a huge industry in the Netherlands to this day

They became obsessed with Tulips in the 15th century
By 1636 The Tulip bulb was the 4th largest Dutch export commodity
A few centuries ago Dutch Tulip bulbs sold for as much a some Dutch homes did at the time

The Dutch have done extensive University studies and tests on Tulips and other flowers for centuries

At this point in history there has been far more legitimate research into Tulips by the Dutch than Cannabis

I've spent substantial time in the Netherlands as I have relatives near Haarlem
Their Tulip/flower industry is impressive to say the least
My cousin worked at the Aalsmeer Flower Auction for years
I would highly suggest checking it out if you're ever in the Netherlands, it's amazing to say the least.
this is the most knowledgable "yeah fuckin right " post ever! good shit waayne

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Jfizzle is wrong about the amount of 'research' done on cannabis, not sure what argument he was using there. But cannabis is worth WAAYYYY more then tulips by weight, so IMO using a more expensive product for a small indoor cultivator that has everything needed in a couple bottles, really isn't a huge rip-off. Not everyone feels like mixing big bags of soil with amendments.

Salts are not some 'evil' additive that destroys your environment on a small scale when used correctly. Organics also have salts in them too, you can look up the salt index for organic amendments, some are low, some are relatively high.

Example about price of synthetic nutes, GH is only $30 for 2 32 oz. bottles and they will supply enough nutrients for somewhere around 5000-$10,000 worth of dried buds, if used correctly.

Don't get me wrong, there are alot more nutrient companies out there and some are unethical, but its the free market we live in. I believe if you don't like a product or the companies ethics, then don't buy/support that company.

Bashing synthetic salts for destroying our environment is like blaming a murder on a gun, the person/people are responsible, not the inaudible object. Someone who drives there car to buy organic nutrients probably does more harm to the environment with exhaust fumes then the 1 qt. bottle of synthetic salts would of hurt.

waayne

waayne

Point of clarification - "Tulip Mania" refers to nothing more than the phenomenon of asset (value) bubbles, specifically tulips in holland a few centuries ago. It is a case study in "irrational exuberance" in markets. And it is an especially good study because of the seemingly ridiculous asset class itself - actual tulips. But it has nothing to do with growing or the research science of (tulip) plant genetics.

Eventually every asset bubble will return to it's mean value. Current assets bubbles may include: The U.S. dollar, the U.S. stock market, housing (still) , lol ...
Thanks for the clarification Darth
I used the term "Tulip Mania" as a point of historical reference as it was used in 1637,as this term was derived from all the hype and madness surrounding the Tulips introduction into Holland which peaked in 1637

You are correct,That term today refers metaphorically to any large economic bubble
A better historical reference and resource on the history of the Tulip in Holland would be Michael Pollans book, The Botany of Desire
This is a great read for anyone interested in mans relationship with plants throughout history

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Thanks for the clarification Darth
I used the term "Tulip Mania" as a point of historical reference as it was used in 1637,as this term was derived from all the hype and madness surrounding the Tulips introduction into Holland which peaked in 1637

You are correct,That term today refers metaphorically to any large economic bubble
A better historical reference and resource on the history of the Tulip in Holland would be Michael Pollans book, The Botany of Desire
This is a great read for anyone interested in mans relationship with plants throughout history

No prob Waayne. Thanks, i got pretty involved in studying economics a few years ago during the apex of the housing bubble. The level of (Realtor/NAR driven) misinformation and mass delusion is astounding - as it is in every asset bubble I imagine. psychologically, it's like religion - pure unquestioned dogma. Everyone suspends critical thinking and simply regurgitates realtor folklore ("Housing never goes down!"). And why shouldn't they since the MSM is complicit in cheerleading efforts (the majority of newspaper ad revenue comes from Realty and Automotive). Real, behind the curtain, truth is best found by combing internet blogs, where money and sales have not corrupted unbiased information. Anyway, i'm rambling .... thx, I need to check out that book. I've seen people reference it now a few times so it must be pretty good & worth checking out.

Peace bro!

squiggly

squiggly

No prob Waayne. Thanks, i got pretty involved in studying economics a few years ago during the apex of the housing bubble. The level of (Realtor/NAR driven) misinformation and mass delusion is astounding - as it is in every asset bubble I imagine.

The whole of our monetary system is, itself, a bubble.

Bubbles have gotten a bad wrap in that people suggest that "the value is higher than it should be" with bubbles.

That isn't really the case, though, is it?

Things have the value that people will pay for them. Just like money holds the value that we believe it does.

We went a LONG time where gold was basically useless (by comparison to what the dollar could buy)--now it's pretty useful again in electronics, but the dollar never responded much to these changes. Why?

Because the dollar isn't only underwritten by gold--it is also buoyed by ALL of the products worldwide which can be purchased with a dollar (for so long as they may be purchased that way).

Just as people joke we should be able to go cash our dollars in at Fort Knox for gold--we go and exchange it at the store for groceries weekly.

Wal-mart is like it's own Fort Knox in that way.

This is sort of the impetus of creating a product. It's part of why our economy is hurting (we aren't creating products). Something that sells well becomes worth its weight in gold in a very near to literal sense. Some people create them to benefit humanity--but in the business sense profit is the why.

For instance, right now I'd say we have a fucking toilet paper bubble. Toilet paper is marked up fairly high from it's actual production cost--even the fancy kinds.

Yet people aren't going to start making their own TP soon, and there's a lot of competition in that market--so the bubble isn't likely to pop.

When you look at something like the housing market, there are so many alternatives for different groups. It's not a one-size-fits all perfectly competitive market.

If you lose your house and you're older, maybe you move in with your kids. If you're young and can't get financing, maybe you live with your parents and save.

If home values are through the roof--maybe you just rent for the moment.

There aren't similar options to this for things like food and water, or transportation and clothing.

This is when bubbles are potentially damaging. When it's something people can walk away from.

So to review:

1. It's all a bubble.
2. The overall bubble remains fairly safe.
3. Bubbles are especially bad when there are complex choices or easily foregone options involved.
4. Bubbles are generally safe in perfectly competitive markets.

All of these analyses are based on established markets. When there is a new market bubbles form and pop and reform all of the time--even if they are competitive. Dot com bubble comes to mind.

N

nightmarecreature

What the fuck do they put in Sea Green? I just tried my sample last night at 0.5ml per gallon. I have to say this stuff is the best additive I have ever used. My plants are dark green overnight! They weren't like that before. I couldn't get them that green without some kind of nute burn. I really can not believe how good this shit is! I thought it was all hype. Sea Green and my Roots Excelurator are the best things I have used.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

that green is from the potassium ...i just picked this stuff up but i made a huge mistake using it right away because i just did a transplant and add back in a couple missing links....but im sure one day ill have a hurting plant and before chucking it ill pull the bottle out.....a great friend recomended the sea green and to use at half even less recomended dose especially if living soil stays alive the bennies are multiplying on there own and he also said dont use too much in vegg a specific too dark green is potassium toxicity ...peace out

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

i mean of course the nitrogen the lil bit it has helps too but many veg are low in potassium so i was assuming that this is new to you cuz the extra potasium but any how i trust my homie so ill be using this now just in really low dose cuz i am already using a couple of things that have fish protien hydrolysate or whatever i have an awesome source of 98% real Humic from compost not leonardite and i already have mad bennies so its redundant in my approach but i also know plenty of things do not have to be labelled if there is a certain amount under min for having to label it for examples these rumors of aminos in there or specific bacteria or fungus or whatever is under the limit to where they do not have to label it....my two pennies

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

oh i cant measure 1ml so i been doing one drop a gal for foliar and five drops for 5 gal compost teas.....

squiggly

squiggly

oh i cant measure 1ml so i been doing one drop a gal for foliar and five drops for 5 gal compost teas.....

Should be more like 5-7drops for foliar and 10-15 for compost.

1mL is about 15-20 drops (of water).
"drops" are obviously a terrible measurement, because how much a drop is depends on the properties of the liquid. 1mL = 20 drops is the best estimate you'll find, though.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Should be more like 5-7drops for foliar and 10-15 for compost.

1mL is about 15-20 drops (of water).
"drops" are obviously a terrible measurement, because how much a drop is depends on the properties of the liquid. 1mL = 20 drops is the best estimate you'll find, though.
Im not sure how to do sarcasm on text but that was my way of saying i use it at a fraction of the recomended dose.....thanks though squiggly cuz i was thinking in the back of my head if i was at half rec. dose or a quarter....im good with .25 ml per gallon it seems to be a great emulsifier even at my low dose....

N

nightmarecreature

I have been having some plant problems. I have been battling spider mites lately, most are dead but not all of them. I have been losing a few fan leaves here and there. Is this a Magnesium deficiency or a Potassium deficiency? I have been using 75ppm of magnesium per gallon per feeding. The Sea Green really greened things up. Makes me think it's a potassium deficiency now that you mention that. It's not a Nitrogen deficiency I tried upping it a million times with no difference. I'll mention outside the veins they are more yellow than the picture shows. It's not affecting all the leaves just some fan leaves.
IMG 1122
IMG 1123
IMG 1124

N

nightmarecreature

It is a potassium def! I figured out the problem. Sea Green helps out a lot. My Coco was drying out too fast. After researching, drought conditions are notorious for potassium deficienies. It dries out the roots and causes them to not uptake potassium no matter how much you add. Drought conditions are low humidty (18% humidty in my grow room) and coco or soil too dry. I always run a ph of 5.8 and K gets locked out at 6.0-6.5 I believe. I hope this helps other Desert growers experiencing the same problem. I didn't change my humidity. The main thing that fixed my problem is that I use moss around the base of the coco to keep it from drying out so fast and creating drought conditions and the moss also allows it to breath. Covering it with plastic would create root rot, the moss simply slows the drying of the coco.

Top Bottom