Sea Green Bullshit I'm tired of hearing about it!

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Joseph29

Joseph29

Should be more like 5-7drops for foliar and 10-15 for compost.

1mL is about 15-20 drops (of water).
"drops" are obviously a terrible measurement, because how much a drop is depends on the properties of the liquid. 1mL = 20 drops is the best estimate you'll find, though.

yup. I use floralicious plus at 1ml per gallon and because it's so thick 1ml of it = about 10 to 13 drops. 1ml of water = about 20 drops.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

since you guys got the drops down i am sure its worth trying less then the 1ml and give it a day or two and see if its worth an experiment i fealt it was and now i use less peace out...look at it this way the nutrient company doesnt test your genetics or phenos and certainly dont know your environment root space light source etc.... so take their dose rec. with a grain of salt ...when i worked at a hydro store the hardest thing for me to teach was More isnt always better and certainly true with cannabis ......just like price and quality of meds just cuz you pay more doesnt mean its better......just my thinking outloud but dont want to impose just worth consideration peace

N

nightmarecreature

I have to bump this thread. I have been using Rootamentary and it's the shit. It's even better than Sea Green. Well Rootamentary works better for smaller plants and the Sea Green starts to work better when they get bigger. Both of these products are the best additives that I have ever used period! I fixed my Coco problems at well. I switched to Botanacare Cal/Mag and now use between 7ml-5ml per gallon and don't let my coco dry out so much. Seems to have fixed everything and I don't even use a PH meter anymore (They broke POS PH55 two of them!) I use the GH dropper tester works fine. The Rootamentary can make your plants claw if you use too much, just stick to 0.25ml per gallon in coco or hydro. It contains a lot of Nitrogen. http://www.beneficialbiologics.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11&Itemid=12

N

nightmarecreature

It's hard to tell if Roots Excelurator or Rootamentary is better. I have been using them both, sometimes together. I just used them both on 27 seedlings and the seedlings seem to be growing a little faster since I gave it to them. I Roots Excelurator is used at 1.1 ML per gallon. The Rootamentary is used at 0.25-1 ML . The Rootamentary is about $5-$10 cheaper. They both work about the same. I also noticed the plants green up more from the Rootamentary due to the higher N content. The cheaper price tag and lesser amount you have to use, makes the Rootamentary the winner. I have tried stuff before but this stuff kicks ass! I have not used the True Bloom yet but I will update when I use it. The New Sea Green Hydro is only about $19 for a 16 ounce bottle, the regular Sea Green is about $60 for a 16 ounce bottle. The bad thing with teh Hydro is you have to use three times as much. I will pick up some of the new formula when I run out. $19 is cheap and I run Coco which is like hydro. Anyone try the True Bloom yet?

YaaMon

YaaMon

To me, Roots Excel and Rootamentary are completely different products. I don't know a whole lot about Roots Excel but Rootamentary is basically all the macro and micro nutrients you need in addition to nitrogen fixing bacteria. I've used Roots Excel after getting a sample pack from H&G and it definitely worked great. Both are great products, but I think I'll continue using Sea Green and Rootamentary only in veg. Always healthy, thick, white roots and the growth rate is really astonishing to watch

N

nightmarecreature

I don't use any root boosters in flower.You have to be careful with rootamentary, it can cause nitrogen burn if used with your base nutes. I used 0.50 instead of 0.25 and it caused leaf cupping. Roots Excel does not do that, I tested it and even ran 2mls with no problem. Rootamentary lasts a very very long time for the price. Both are cold pressed seaweed extract with natural growth and root hormones. They also both contain root protecting fungi, it's hard to get root rot or damping off with this stuff and thats what I like about it best. When I've used Great White by itself, I still got root rot and damping off. Not so with Roots Excel and Rootamentary. I intentionally over watered for weeks on a couple plants to test this.

N

nightmarecreature

I like the Rootamentary for seedlings and small plants because it greens them up quickly and you can use Rootamentary on seedlings without base nutes. The problem with it is that when i start upping my PPM it adds too much Nitrogen. The Roots Excel works better for me on medium to large plants and makes the roots branch out and does not seem to cause any burn or cupping issues. I might just stick to using both, they would last a long time in conjunction.

los0420

los0420

Im not hating or anything I used to wanna buy everything in sight that pertained to growing too but I got curious how the bud would come out using 5 dollar nutrients from the garden center at wherever.....never looked back

I'm sure the end product is not as good using cheap fertilizers , You can eat at rib eye steak and get full,you can also eat at McDonald's and get just as full ,but what you put in must always come out

symbiote420

symbiote420

I'm with 420Gator on this the cheaper the better for me! How do you think these nute guys make their products .....can't make a kelp based product without pure kelp, and a big bag of kelp doesn't cost a 1/4 of the price that nute companies charge for their "watered down" or "extracted" versions with their poor shelf lives!

MJ has been grown for centuries, waaaay, waaaay before any nute companies existed!!! I can spend $50 and use those ferts for many cycles ....and on top of that produce a better product than peeps spending big money on magic nute bottles ....some guys I know are spending thousand$$$ on all that unnecessary stuff, and while they're busy buying nutes I'm buying things like lamps and grow equipment!!!

N

nightmarecreature

I think homemade nutes are awesome and work just as good. They cost pennies per gallon.

When you buy a bottle of anything your paying for convenience! Just like fast food can cost the same as a home made meal but the home made meal usually tastes better and the portions for the price are huge.

soserthc1

soserthc1

I think homemade nutes are awesome and work just as good. They cost pennies per gallon.

When you buy a bottle of anything your paying for convenience! Just like fast food can cost the same as a home made meal but the home made meal usually tastes better and the portions for the price are huge.

I respect both of your opinions but i gotta say that sea green in the grand scheme of things sea green is not really that expensive when you use .7ml - 1.5ml max and I have seen a big improvement on my grows since using it. Never a nutrient burned leaf , always great results....

Didn't really read this entire thread to see if you tried it and i have seen your work and its stellar so I can see your point if you feel no need for it but if you give it a try , I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the results ..... jmho....

peace SoSerthc1 ps: your signature says take care of the roots and that is exactly what it does feed the nutrients thru your roots

N

nightmarecreature

I use Sea Green, works great and I use it. I agree, it's not super expensive. I was just stating, home made nutes rock too.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I like the Rootamentary for seedlings and small plants because it greens them up quickly and you can use Rootamentary on seedlings without base nutes. The problem with it is that when i start upping my PPM it adds too much Nitrogen. The Roots Excel works better for me on medium to large plants and makes the roots branch out and does not seem to cause any burn or cupping issues. I might just stick to using both, they would last a long time in conjunction.
Rootamentary is a stand alone base nutrient from veg til early/mid flower, could be why if your using a base in conjuction that it would burn.

masshole61

masshole61

Been using sea green and rootamentary and neptunes harvest seaweed and fish fertilizer with every feeding outdoors . Don't have a lot of experience to say that the combo is better than this or that but have seen explosive growth throughout. Can't help but think the sea green helped with the nutrient uptake of the neptunes harvest .

N

nightmarecreature

The funny thing about Sea Green, is that it smells like nothing organic, more like acetone or vinegar. I have been trying to get my hydro store to carry it for the last 6 months. Its too good to pass up. I just tried, Beneficial Biologics Sea Kelp, seems to work great also.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I always thought it smelled like anchovies or fish :)

Top Bottom