Searching for high THCV strains

• Thread starter Skeptik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JJS009

JJS009

@Moe.Red I probably missed it somewhere but what can you tell about the Durban poison you had that you are seeking to replicate? Was it a line someone “worked” or more old school wild type?

I ask because I wonder if it was a certain pheno that ended up getting bred out of the pool because someone wanted more yield or desired some other aspect when they chose their breeding stock.

I’m Have you tried a pheno hunt with unmolested Durban poison? It could be a 1 in 100 or 1 in 1000 pheno that doesn’t make the cut for the breeders because they want yield and frosty vs. a certain desired effect.

My thought is if you could find the pheno and test it you could probably replicate it with concentrates.

I will be doing a pheno hunt with Durban in the next cpl years but right now I am not set up for it. Maybe a forum pheno hunt with all interested could get faster results then get the clone game fired up.

sorry for the book, I’m fucking ripped and my mind is going 1500 MPH lol

shaganja

shaganja

@Moe.Red I probably missed it somewhere but what can you tell about the Durban poison you had that you are seeking to replicate? Was it a line someone “worked” or more old school wild type?

I ask because I wonder if it was a certain pheno that ended up getting bred out of the pool because someone wanted more yield or desired some other aspect when they chose their breeding stock.

I’m Have you tried a pheno hunt with unmolested Durban poison? It could be a 1 in 100 or 1 in 1000 pheno that doesn’t make the cut for the breeders because they want yield and frosty vs. a certain desired effect.

My thought is if you could find the pheno and test it you could probably replicate it with concentrates.

I will be doing a pheno hunt with Durban in the next cpl years but right now I am not set up for it. Maybe a forum pheno hunt with all interested could get faster results then get the clone game fired up.

sorry for the book, I’m fucking ripped and my mind is going 1500 MPH lol
Also running clean Durban in a few months. Would be cool to have all of us running this line, to share genetics. When you find your winner, send it to everyone. Could create 🏆 strain much faster.

shaganja

shaganja

20210402 132830

So excited! The vietnamese black just showed up! My buddy has malawi gold from ace. And these six strains are my recipe. I already have a name for her when shes finished. Furry wall, from the movie, get him to the greek! Lol

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I'd like to connect with other grower searching for THCV genetics. The universal answer from google is always Doug's Varin, but the genetics are heavily protected so don't bother. But there are other strains that hold promise; e.g. Durban Poison (the landrace, NOT the Dutch version), Ethiopian, Wild Thailand, and a handful of others that specifically tout their THCV concentration, but to my knowledge, nothing has been independently verified.

Anyone grow anything out that's been lab tested or holds promise?
I maintain an IBL Durban Poison with the original seed source easily verifiable. However only an analysis is going to prove the cannabinoid profile with accurate information.

Please read about Alaska Cannabis Cache. He brought the seeds directly from Africa in 1979 and has maintained it faithfully ever since. It’s not a Dutch hybrid.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
In the new spanish Soft Secrets
IMG 20210422 1851122

IMG 20210422 1852072

By the way, that magazine is forbidden in Holland.
Same as growshops are forbidden since 2015.
So much for Dutch freedom, it's an illusion.

Hsicanada

Hsicanada

They also added enzymes that made the yeast produce two other natural cannabinoids, CBDV (cannabidivarin) and THCV (tetrahydrocannabivarin), whose effects are not well understood.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Cummon man, do I have to do everything? Can't you just download it directly to my brain?
I've been looking for that app for years. The direct brain download one. Where do you get it?

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Finished a second seed run of IBL Durban originally from Alaska Cannabis Cache. Planted 10. 10 popped up. These are top heavy plants. They pop about 60% females. They take about 78-85 days to finish. Every reason people bred away from. However it’s killer smoke. Damned tasty.

Willing to consider trades for genetics equal in value. ACC no longer sells regular seeds. His IBL lineage is well documented. I’ve not had an analysis done. His price was $350 for 10. Save your laughs and silly remarks.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Finished a second seed run of IBL Durban originally from Alaska Cannabis Cache. Planted 10. 10 popped up. These are top heavy plants. They pop about 60% females. They take about 78-85 days to finish. Every reason people bred away from. However it’s killer smoke. Damned tasty.

Willing to consider trades for genetics equal in value. ACC no longer sells regular seeds. His IBL lineage is well documented. I’ve not had an analysis done. His price was $350 for 10. Save your laughs and silly remarks.
You are not supposed to discuss trading, selling or swapping in the public forum for legal reasons.

Was that a straight Durban or a hybrid? I love Durban Poison.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

You are not supposed to discuss trading, selling or swapping in the public forum for legal reasons.

Was that a straight Durban or a hybrid? I love Durban Poison.
IBL Durban from Alaska Cannabis Cache. Easy to research on the web. It’s been in Jim’s domain ever since. Never crossed.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

But if you had a cool logo and pretty breeders packs they’ll bite faster.

DARTHNALGAS

DARTHNALGAS

FYI, Seedsman pulled Diet Durban because of unexplained tester issues. I replied to the email and hopefully they can elaborate on the issues!

Imone

Imone

Pushrod...I can't pm you but maybe you can me! I'm in another forum as Trowertripper also

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

FYI, Seedsman pulled Diet Durban because of unexplained tester issues. I replied to the email and hopefully they can elaborate on the issues!
Here is what I got from them:

Hi

It has recently been brought to our attention that our testing of Diet Durban THCV was not rigorous enough. We also put too much trust in the suppliers.

We have now identified that this batch has a much, much higher level of hermaphroditism than we believe is acceptable.

The supplier has provided us with replacement seeds, but we need to test these fully before we are willing to send them on to customers. We do not want the same issues occurring twice.

We are very sorry for this inconvenience and would like to offer you one of the following options:

• Store credit (value of THCV product you purchased +10%)
  • A replacement ten pack of seeds of any other Seedsman variety
  • A free replacement of the same THCV strain when new batch passes tests

Our sincere apologies for this. We will learn from this and ensure seeds are much more rigorously tested.

Regards,

Tom

Latest posts

Top Bottom