Searching for high THCV strains

• Thread starter Skeptik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

It was tried. Answer was nope. Minimal THCV.

If you are talking about me, I am not sure my seeds are actually the right ones. I got them from Pacific Seed Bank, and I'll never shop there again.

My plan is to grow out these expensive ass THC Victory seeds and test along the way starting when I flip to flower. Find the keeper. After that, we have a ton of genetics to work with between us, I doubt I will even need to go back to JtR for a round 2 try.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
yeah dont trust jill's company. she's hired a 'breeder".
but if you could source an old clone....
It's a bit of a bummer for me because I followed her with interest after my wife asked if I could find any female breeders to support (i really don't wanna argue about whether that makes sense). Juuuuust don't get "i wanna buy your seeds" vibes from her.

Mel from Melvanetics, on the other hand, used to do guerilla grows in the Florida swamp that she got to via airboat. She also actually grows the stuff she is selling in her garden and works lines. That's a little more my speed!

Skeptik

Skeptik

Totally agree. 2% is noice. Just a dab'll do ya. But it runs thru fast. 45mins - hour. Faster than THC. So if you have too much THC in the mix when consuming, it's tough to keep re-dosing the THCV without getting couch locked stoned on THC which ruins the whole thing IMO. I'm thinking a 10/10/2 THC/CBD THCV is perfect for night, and 0/10/2 for daytime would be ideal. The daytime one would make a nice caffeine replacement for somebody hooked on it.

During my initial, accidental consumption of a high V strain, I was doing a single daily dose (~2-3g of dried bud in a cookie) in the evening as a sleep aid and my appetite remained suppressed all day long. No need for a booster dose mid-day. This sounds contrary to what you're saying with the short-lived effect of THCV. I assume you're a daily user as well? Any other differences you can discern?

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Hey guys have you checkd the Dr Grinspoon strain? It yields very poor but its something absolutely crazy psichedelic...very citrusy/haze
Not sure about the THCV but that stuff is def something else......
I neved smoked something like that....caffeine replacement??? was more like Amphetamine replacement....i did a joint before goin to sleep and i ended up beein awake for at least an hour , with my heart racing like crazy and my mind travellin like on acid...
It was not pleasant at all! And im a heavy smoker with high tolerance...
I found this pic online and it looks exactly like the one i smoked....my buddy who got it was pissed as hell cause he taught he got ripped lookin at the buds.....but def some secret treasure for those who are looking...
Dr grinspoon

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

During my initial, accidental consumption of a high V strain, I was doing a single daily dose (~2-3g of dried bud in a cookie) in the evening as a sleep aid and my appetite remained suppressed all day long. No need for a booster dose mid-day. This sounds contrary to what you're saying with the short-lived effect of THCV. I assume you're a daily user as well? Any other differences you can discern?
I think we are both making some assumptions here. I’m not even positive my special Durban Poison that started me down this thcv path actually had any lol. It’s time for some semi clinical testing to see what’s what.

I can tell you that there is no way I could consume before bed and actually get to sleep until it wore off. Are you the kind of guy that can drink coffee before bed and sleep fine?

Skeptik

Skeptik

I can tell you that there is no way I could consume before bed and actually get to sleep until it wore off. Are you the kind of guy that can drink coffee before bed and sleep fine?
No. If I drink fully caffinated coffee after 1PM I'm staring at the ceiling until 2AM. Interesting differences. I'm wondering if they're due to what we consume. I'm a whole plant guy: I grind up the bud as much as possible before decarbing in 2 oz jars, then that goes into a batch of cookies that last me about 20 days. From what I understand re: your protocol, you're consuming extractions, so maybe the entourage effect provide by the whole plant changes the duration and effect of THCV?

I can say this: The effects can be long lasting for me. 2 years ago I visited an ex-pat friend in SE Asia so wasn't able to take my meds. Even though my appetite was already diminished, for the first 2 weeks it went through the floor. I could get down maybe a half cup of kimchee for breakfast and a small bowl of soup at dinner. Toward the end of my 1-mo stay I gradually started to eat more, but still lost 10 lb while there.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Hey guys have you checkd the Dr Grinspoon strain? It yields very poor but its something absolutely crazy psichedelic...very citrusy/haze
Not sure about the THCV but that stuff is def something else......
I neved smoked something like that....caffeine replacement??? was more like Amphetamine replacement....i did a joint before goin to sleep and i ended up beein awake for at least an hour , with my heart racing like crazy and my mind travellin like on acid...
It was not pleasant at all! And im a heavy smoker with high tolerance...
I found this pic online and it looks exactly like the one i smoked....my buddy who got it was pissed as hell cause he taught he got ripped lookin at the buds.....but def some secret treasure for those who are looking...
View attachment 1101718
Those buds look thai-ish to me....look fun!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The Mad Villain and Mad Dog that I bought from Hoku Seeds are both supposed to be high in CBG but I can't find any detail re: this cannabinoid. What effects does it allegedly provide? Anyone have first hand experience?
Cbgethanrusso

from

The first half of that video is in general excellent imo.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Well, this is interesting

Image2

5.47g of THCV Distillate.

Working on dosing now. At least I'm not dead yet.

Another 5 minutes... ZERO HUNGER at dinnertime.

Yup. this stuff works. hehe

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

OK @Skeptik, lets figure a few things out.

In order for me to test the cookie method, I need to figure the proper dose. If you had to guess, how much THCV do you think you were consuming?

One possible explanation for the wide difference in our experiences is you swallowed yours. I think this holds merit because of the direct relationship with the stomach, as well as the fact this method requires the liver to get involved. We all know that the liver breaks down THC into 11-hydroxy which is significantly more psychoactive than delta 9. It stands to reason that a varin of the THC molecule might also break down into another (potentially more or differently acting) substance. I think this is the next thing I want to test. A daytime edible with no THC. Then titrate THC up and note the effects.

Skeptik

Skeptik

OK @Skeptik, lets figure a few things out.

In order for me to test the cookie method, I need to figure the proper dose. If you had to guess, how much THCV do you think you were consuming?

Well, my experience over the past 3 years strongly suggests my/our endocannabinoid systems regulates our weight around a "set point", so before medicating, 3+ years ago, my set point was a very chubby 195 lb., then while consuming (what I believe to be) a high THCV strain, my set point was 130. Now, it's at 165. Whatever my current set point -- ostensibly dependent on strain and THCV level -- my appetite is tightly regulated to keep me at that weight.

So, what I conclude is what I have now (Wild Thai) is probably half the level of THCV than the unknown strain, and I've seen the Thai test out around 1%, so I think a reasonable hypothesis is somewhere in the 2-3% range is the panacea I'm looking for. I can't tell you what it felt like those 2 months when I was at the same weight as when I entered college, then I lost the strain. Crap.

Moe.Red: said:
One possible explanation for the wide difference in our experiences is you swallowed yours. I think this holds merit because of the direct relationship with the stomach, as well as the fact this method requires the liver to get involved. We all know that the liver breaks down THC into 11-hydroxy which is significantly more psychoactive than delta 9. It stands to reason that a varin of the THC molecule might also break down into another (potentially more or differently acting) substance. I think this is the next thing I want to test. A daytime edible with no THC. Then titrate THC up and note the effects.

Yup, different methods of consumption occurred to me as well. If you're only doing extracts, the other difference is I *might* be getting an entourage boost from whole plant consumption, possibly affecting or precipitating a number of effects of functions.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So 2g bud at 1-2% is ~ .03g 99% distillate. I'm not going to try this tonight (I like sleep) but soon.

I'm going to posit that entourage as it pertains to terpenes is not a likely component to our differences. Everything that I have read leads me to believe that the stomach is not a good method for terpene delivery. Most just don't make it intact thru the digestive tract. Cannabinoids, on the other hand, do albeit changed by the liver.

When this was working for me, the method of consumption was smoking Durban Poison.

Prior to this, I got some Durban Poison terpenes (a mix) from True Terpenes. When using this mix along with a small amount of Northern Lites, there was no noticed hunger reduction effect.

Emma: Definitely. Oh definitely, especially in combination with other terpenes and major cannabinoids. So for example, THCV and Limonene and CBD give really like potent anorexic effects, meaning that they really suppress the appetite, more so than any one of them could do on its own. Right. And then there's also Linalool and THCA and CBD which really increases the anti-convulsant potential of a variety, and so it helps to relax the body, it helps to give a much deeper muscle relaxing effect. So those kind of synergisms will absolutely start to come into play more and more. And again, I think the future of cannabis product formulation is in this kind of designing of and optimizing of the Ensemble Effect is really elevating concentrations of THCV, CBG, CBC with other terpenes to produce a really targeted therapeutic experience.

I like the term Ensemble Effect for what I am doing.

I have CBD and THCV 99% as well as Limonene. I think this is the next test for me tonight.

Also, I have not yet found how THCV is metabolized by the liver. If anyone knows of a source please share.

I'll also be doing a TLC of this THCV to verify what I have. Hope to get that done tonight.

Top Bottom