Searching for high THCV strains

• Thread starter Skeptik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Just want to share that the initial results with this the widow you see the chemical signature of above in a shortbread cookie preparation (infused into grapseseed oil and with lecithin) are quite positive for my dad. Like, there is a neurological benefit and I can see it in the curve of his back when he is standing.

I am trying to be cautious and I am not claiming a miracle here, but to put it mildly this merits a lot of further research on my part. The fact he experiences minor dyskinesia similar to that he gets from DBS and sinamet suggests.....I mean you tell me. To me it says there is something neurological going on as opposed to just treating the pain separately.
That’s awesome dude.

Are you saying it works as well at decreasing dyskinesia as the meds? Or that the cookie caused dyskinesia

Either way you have a result that means something. Something you can build from. Very exciting, hoping not placebo and you can tune to his needs.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That’s awesome dude.

Are you saying it works as well at decreasing dyskinesia as the meds? Or that the cookie caused dyskinesia

Either way you have a result that means something. Something you can build from. Very exciting, hoping not placebo and you can tune to his needs.
Seemed to contribute to. Which is good because it's the same thing his sinamet does. And his DBS. It could mean it's hitting that part of the brain. It's a minor thing compared to the overwhelming relief to the leg shuffling and spinal curvature.

Placebo is totally possible and will reveal itself to the extent it's present in the coming week or two.....but the initial signs are very encouraging.

Skeptik

Skeptik

I dropped it off and should hear back in four days

I've been looking closely at Lebanese Hash Plant for a potential summer grow since it's generally advertised as a super auto with both Indica and Sativa leanings, and the geography is right for THCV. Gonna be real interested in your analysis.

How was the grow overall?

Imone

Imone

I've been looking closely at Lebanese Hash Plant for a potential summer grow since it's generally advertised as a super auto with both Indica and Sativa leanings, and the geography is right for THCV. Gonna be real interested in your analysis.

How was the grow overall?
Lol..it was my first grow so...it went well considering!
I used Happy frog soil cut with peat moss and perlite and used only fish oil for fertilizer. I ran it on twelve twelve with home made CFL light fixture.
It wasn't a great producer but it was a beautiful plant and has a great taste and smell
It smells almost like dill, and the taste is minty/black pepper.

Imone

Imone

Seemed to contribute to. Which is good because it's the same thing his sinamet does. And his DBS. It could mean it's hitting that part of the brain. It's a minor thing compared to the overwhelming relief to the leg shuffling and spinal curvature.

Placebo is totally possible and will reveal itself to the extent it's present in the coming week or two.....but the initial signs are very encouraging.
I had dyskinesia years ago from a Lexapro overdose. I tried everything before settling in a purge diet and some marijuana
It wasn't legal so I don't know the strain, but the first batch stopped my twitching and jerking

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Mailman was nice today. I gotta remember him at Christmas.

IMG 2496

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I had dyskinesia years ago from a Lexapro overdose. I tried everything before settling in a purge diet and some marijuana
It wasn't legal so I don't know the strain, but the first batch stopped my twitching and jerking
....that is very interesting!!!!! How long did it last?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Math is hard, lets see if THCV has any direct impact on my ability to calculate.

I now have a series of 14 Elements. THC, CBD, THCV.... and 9 terpenes.
At any time, you might want to test a combination of 8 of those elements together. Say THC, CBD, THCV, CBC, Limonene, Myrcene, Pinene, Linalool. For kicks lets say equal quantities of each.
In order to test all combinations, this is the equation:

So 3003 total tests. I suppose that is doable in a lifetime.

But then there is the series of tests involving different proportions of each of the 8 elements. Woah. Trillions.
Then add in the fact that you have to do this same set of tests over with 7 elements. And 14. And all the other numbers up to 14. So Trillions times 14.
Oh yeah, and that is a sample size of one, so multiply all that time 1000 for a proper human test.

Guess I'm gonna have to figure some shortcuts. I'm all ears.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I have not had great luck w seedsman seeds, but this may be of interest to people here. I hate that they are autos.....but.....still?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Math is hard, lets see if THCV has any direct impact on my ability to calculate.

I now have a series of 14 Elements. THC, CBD, THCV.... and 9 terpenes.
At any time, you might want to test a combination of 8 of those elements together. Say THC, CBD, THCV, CBC, Limonene, Myrcene, Pinene, Linalool. For kicks lets say equal quantities of each.
In order to test all combinations, this is the equation:

View attachment 1105463

So 3003 total tests. I suppose that is doable in a lifetime.

But then there is the series of tests involving different proportions of each of the 8 elements. Woah. Trillions.
Then add in the fact that you have to do this same set of tests over with 7 elements. And 14. And all the other numbers up to 14. So Trillions times 14.
Oh yeah, and that is a sample size of one, so multiply all that time 1000 for a proper human test.

Guess I'm gonna have to figure some shortcuts. I'm all ears.
Adopt a multivariable regression modelling approach rather than testing everything in isolation and then reserve the isolation for fine tuning?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I have not had great luck w seedsman seeds, but this may be of interest to people here. I hate that they are autos.....but.....still?

I've never even looked at the propyl of CBD. Never occurred to me it existed, but makes sense.
Know anything about it, or have suspicions?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Can you help me understand that?

So this is from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_regression

Simple (one independent variable)
Screenshot 20210322 171044

Multiple (many independent variables)

Screenshot 20210322 170926

My thought is you set Y equal to your dependent variable (calories per day? Hunger level reported?) And each of your elements is one of the Xs...and software computes coefficients as in the model above to best fit a linear model (it can be done with curves too, of course), by which i mean trying different numbers from coefficient to best fit the dependent variable given the level of the independent variables.

This allows you to get better guesses at the relative weight of each (via the coefficient the modelling returns) and from there you can fine-tune.

If you have the data i have the background to set this up.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I've never even looked at the propyl of CBD. Never occurred to me it existed, but makes sense.
Know anything about it, or have suspicions?
Nothing beyond what you see in that blog post. I have heard of it only in the loosest of passing.

Imone

Imone

....that is very interesting!!!!! How long did it last?
They hit me off and on for over a year...I had to control my caffeine and sugar levels and rest eight hours per night. If they were too bad I would smoke a doobie or get drunk.
Also my neurologist took me off everything. I probably should have tapered off the Lexapro but I didn't. Apparently it's fairly common knowledge now, but in ,2007 Lexapro was regarded as some wonder drug and big pharma was in denial about the side effects.

Skeptik

Skeptik

So this is from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_regression

Simple (one independent variable)
View attachment 1105469

Multiple (many independent variables)

View attachment 1105479

My thought is you set Y equal to your dependent variable (calories per day? Hunger level reported?) And each of your elements is one of the Xs...and software computes coefficients as in the model above to best fit a linear model (it can be tidone with curves too, of course), by which i mean trying different numbers from coefficient to best fit the dependent variable given the level of the independent variables.

This allows you to get better guesses at the relative weight of each (via the coefficient the modelling returns) and from there you can fine-tune.

If you have the data i have the background to set this up.

Nice to have a statistician on board. Cool; seriously.

@Moe.Red , did you ever finalize your brief trial with your V crystals? I could have missed your summary, but last I recall, you had no appetite for a long duration, but that might have been due to an infection. Did you ever go back and try it again while healthy?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Nice to have a statistician on board. Cool; seriously.

@Moe.Red , did you ever finalize your brief trial with your V crystals? I could have missed your summary, but last I recall, you had no appetite for a long duration, but that might have been due to an infection. Did you ever go back and try it again while healthy?
Still collecting data. I'll report back in a week or so.

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

I love that you are diving so deep into this and sharing it on the forum! There are so many questions around all the compounds and what is actually doing what. Maybe we can answer some of these with all your testing, I really hope so at least... I may not comment much but I definitely read it all and I'm fascinated. PLEASE don't stop!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom