Seedling problem . What to do

• Thread starter goodbye95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockebox

Lockebox

Wouldnt that risk them at getting overwatered again, why would be bad for them to let the soil dry out completely?
I think he's saying it would be good to let the soil dry out completely (well not completely but you know what I mean)

Your roots need a breath of air. Letting the soil dry out *almost completely in between the next couple waterings should get the two back on track. You might see some "explosive" growth when everything dries out and the roots begin searching again.

I'd also leave the nutrients alone for the time being, straight water in my opinion like mentioned above.
You'd be surprised at how far doing nothing will take you lol

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I think he's saying it would be good to let the soil dry out completely (well not completely but you know what I mean)

Your roots need a breath of air. Letting the soil dry out *almost completely in between the next couple waterings should get the two back on track. You might see some "explosive" growth when everything dries out and the roots begin searching again.

I'd also leave the nutrients alone for the time being, straight water in my opinion like mentioned above.
You'd be surprised at how far doing nothing will take you lol
yes^^^ this hopefully..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok don’t water but would you if i didn’t say anything by now?

Saint1

Saint1

The last day was 4 or 5 days ago if i remember correctly. The light is at 40 % intensity at 70 cm
Write everything down with dates and times that you do things…. Keep a good log and it will help you and others when things go in the right way… or wrong way…. Then you don’t have to….. remember anything!!! Keep listening to good advice here.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The last day was 4 or 5 days ago if i remember correctly. The light is at 40 % intensity at 70 cm
well it’s hard for me to really tell when it’s a safe time to water again but by the looks of them i’d give the better looking one another day and the other one could be a day or two..
they are from seed and the fight for survival in dry conditions is amazing as they can handle it even when so droopy,weak,leaning over, dehydrated is waaaay!! better than watering a couple times a day or two early as that can stunt them, cause issue even death..
example i had a few that were so bad, looking dead from no water or rain outdoors in weeks as i didn’t care about them but they lived and i got buds..
so leave them at least one more day..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well it’s hard for me to really tell when it’s a safe time to water again but by the looks of them i’d give the better looking one another day and the other one could be a day or two..
they are from seed and the fight for survival in dry conditions is amazing as they can handle it even when so droopy,weak,leaning over, dehydrated is waaaay!! better than watering a couple times a day or two early as that can stunt them, cause issue even death..
example i had a few that were so bad, looking dead from no water or rain outdoors in weeks as i didn’t care about them but they lived and i got buds..

goodbye95

goodbye95

That makes me wondering at, what is the exact time to water a plant based on indicators that show you exactly when you need to water? I compare it to the golden zone of the vpd chart indicating the best humidity, temperature and leaf temperature for the biggest dilation of the stomata. For example LVPD of seedlings is 0,6 to 0.7. @Aqua Man . What is the formula for the best time to water to create ZERO stress.

goodbye95

goodbye95

Is there a mathematical or visual function , giving the best time to water? When and why would an agronomist or agriculturalist water?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom