Seedling problem . What to do

• Thread starter goodbye95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gorbo

Gorbo

I use 4 60w grow tubes about 9" from the soil for this part of veg, I get less than an inch of stretch. These are growing right now about 10 days from planting the seed.

P1040549
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

No, your light does not have UV. Here is one for you.

goodbye95

goodbye95

No, your light does not have UV. Here is one for you.

Thats an addon for SE7000 which is a bar led light. Mine is SF7000 which is a led panel light

Blastfact

Blastfact

This is a current Gaia Green, EWC, DE, Recharge, Epson Salt and water grow in coco 39 days old from helmet heads in the 2 x 4. Letting them do the mini tree thing. My tents are 7'11" tall with the exhaust fan / carbon filter setting on top of the tent. If I had the room I would be full blown Hydro. But the hydro option truly is not there for me. The other setup is a 3 x 3 same deal waiting on a sprout to pop up in the next 24/48 hours. Same Gaia Green mix in coco. If I can't have full blown hydro because of grow room limitations I will go this way. I don't give two shits about yields, time or most other data points in the matrix so many fret and fawn over. Those concerns ended many years ago when the clandestine grows ended. Learn the basics and patience the rest will follow and flow like water in a creek.

IMG 9238

Setup

goodbye95

goodbye95

This is a current Gaia Green, EWC, DE, Recharge, Epson Salt and water grow in coco 39 days old from helmet heads in the 2 x 4. Letting them do the mini tree thing. My tents are 7'11" tall with the exhaust fan / carbon filter setting on top of the tent. If I had the room I would be full blown Hydro. But the hydro option truly is not there for me. The other setup is a 3 x 3 same deal waiting on a sprout to pop up in the next 24/48 hours. Same Gaia Green mix in coco. If I can't have full blown hydro because of grow room limitations I will go this way. I don't give two shits about yields, time or most other data points in the matrix so many fret and fawn over. Those concerns ended many years ago when the clandestine grows ended. Learn the basics and patience the rest will follow and flow like water in a creek.

View attachment 1296727
View attachment 1296740
Can you explain please what ratio gaia green and what the rest mean ?

" This is a current Gaia Green, EWC, DE, Recharge, "

Blastfact

Blastfact

Can you explain please what ratio gaia green and what the rest mean ?

" This is a current Gaia Green, EWC, DE, Recharge, "
There are three big hitters in this dry amendment market the way I see it. Gaia Green, Earth Dust and Down To Earth. There all top shelf products. I settled on Gaia Green because I can get it in my local market and on the net and I like the NPK numbers, basic, simple and to the point. GG does offer other amendments like rock dust, poo's, frass and other stuff. I don't buy any of it because it's all in the Universal 4-4-4 and Bloom 2-8-4. EWC = Earth Worm Castings, DE = Diatomaceous Earth. And then the great stuff Epson Salt.

How I mix 70/30 coco, perlite or basic no nutrients added or recycled soil 70/30 soil, perlite. I take a 27 gal tote add 8 to 10 lbs of EWC then fill the tote with a coco or soil mix and mix that all together. I don't mix soil and coco. It's one or the other. The smallest pot I use is 5 gal. I have no use for 1, 2, 3, gal. pots. I use 5, 7, 10 and 15 gal. pots. I only transplant once from a solo cup into there permeant grow pot. No up potting, transplanting, one and done. So lets say I'm going to grow a known small plant like a known little auto or a indica kush of some sort. I will use a 5 gal. pot. I fill that pot with either premixed coco or soil from one of my totes. My Gaia Green mix is going to be 3 tbsp per gallon for 15 total tbsp. So my starting mix would be 10 tbsp of 4-4-4 and 4 tbsp of 2-8-4. Or 16 tbsp is a cup so 3/4 cup of 4-4-4 and 1/4 cup of 2-8-4. Target is a 75/25, 70/30 mix ratio for the starting mix. Mix that all in the 5 gal of soil/coco. Then I add a cup of DE and a tsp of Recharge, mix and water. You have to mix all this up and keep it moist for at least 10 to 14 days to get it all activated and cooking as some of us say. In 4 weeks then top dress with a 50/50 mix and a 1/2 cup of DE. A 50/50 mix will get the plant through late veg and early flower. In 4 weeks do a 30/70 mix for the flower power with 1/2 cup DE.

I do ph my water down be it coco or soil in there proper ranges. I will water with plain ph water. Then mix a 1/2 tsp of Recharge into a gal of water and use that. Recharge is the bio load. Then a plain ph watering. Then it will be a gal of ph water and a heaping tbsp of Epson Salt mixed in. Rinse and repeat.

This pic is of the starting mix for a 7 gal pot of 70/30 coco.
Pot mix

goodbye95

goodbye95

So. 2 days have passed since my last post . Late today is the next watering and officialy tha plants have not shown any signs of growth at all. Below there are the little plants on the left too. Their little leaves have become swollen which is strange to me because i have not watered them since the last water i gave on the jiffies like 4 days ago.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Make sure you need to water before you do. How are you deciding when to water?

goodbye95

goodbye95

When the soil is completely dry and i see the first signs of thirst , i water. When the leaves start to drop down.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So. 2 days have passed since my last post . Late today is the next watering and officialy tha plants have not shown any signs of growth at all. Below there are the little plants on the left too. Their little leaves have become swollen which is strange to me because i have not watered them since the last water i gave on the jiffies like 4 days ago.
didn’t you just water the 2 plants a couple days ago? and the seeds in pellets need water already?..
i think we have found your reason for not being successful.,
it’s got to be your watering habits..
post pics of the 2 plants??

goodbye95

goodbye95

didn’t you just water the 2 plants a couple days ago? and the seeds in pellets need water already?..
i think we have found your reason for not being successful.,
it’s got to be your watering habits..
post pics of the 2 plants??
Maybe tommorow cause the pots are not light enough yet. If they are not light enough tommmorow too then ill water the day after tommorow.

IMG 20221028 102041
IMG 20221028 102032
IMG 20221028 102021
IMG 20221028 102008
Gorbo

Gorbo

Don't wait for the leaves to droop that's waiting too long, it should be roughly 3.5 days if you soak those pots. Which makes it super easy for any nute regiment you have.

Finger test works fine for me if unsure, potting soil is well-draining and at the 3.5 day mark you can be pretty sure you won't be overwatering even if the soil is a little damp. I've never overwatered, but a heat wave or something can turn 3.5 days into 2 and might make you underwater.

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

You're in soil and feeding stuff from all those bottles at every watering at 10 days old? That's too much... I don't fuck with liquid nutes, and I feed once a week tops and not till they're at least 3 weeks old and have used what's in the soil... starting w like a quarter dose. I don't ph my water and it's not perfect bit my soil ph is usually fine, it really does buffer... but maybe not with all those bottles... Also sounds like you're watering too often... Plants that size have very minimal needs and don't use water or food very fast... you want to make sure your watering is spot on to get those roots big and healthy from jump street. Simplify my friend.

goodbye95

goodbye95

What climate conditions promote root growth? Does more transpiration push the roots to grow faster? Or higher humidity ( less transpiration) givea the way for the roots to grow faster?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
What climate conditions promote root growth? Does more transpiration push the roots to grow faster? Or higher humidity ( less transpiration) givea the way for the roots to grow faster?
proper watering is most important..
you can see with the first 2 bigger plants, kinda stunted, no branching out, fan leaves not growing..
they went into shock and now seeing if we can bounce them out of it with letting the soil go dry before watering again a couple times.. you’ve lifted them up off the ground already, that’s good..

goodbye95

goodbye95

proper watering is most important..
you can see with the first 2 bigger plants, kinda stunted, no branching out, fan leaves not growing..
they went into shock and now seeing if we can bounce them out of it with letting the soil go dry before watering again a couple times.. you’ve lifted them up off the ground already, that’s good..
Wouldnt that risk them at getting overwatered again, why would be bad for them to let the soil dry out completely?

Top Bottom