Sixstring's strain hunts

• Thread starter sixstring
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

Yeah i do a small 20 x 30 veggie garden every year with just a few things like tomatoes,lettuce,asperagus,broccoli and a few dif kinds of peppers and some cucumbers lol.my garden gets tilled every spring with all the rootballs from my pot garden so my soil is pretty damn good right now.
the maple syrup is new to me but pretty simple,you just drill a small hole about 2 inches into a maple tree (im using sugar maples for the higher sugar content)and stick a spout in it.im using some tubing to run the sap to buckets on the ground but some folms just hang the bucket on the tap.my way is cleaner :) ill post up some pics later,peace

Orcaman

Orcaman

Very healthy plants. What is your watts per square foot? They seem to be getting plenty!:)

sixstring

sixstring

20150311 013730 1
Nectar
hey whats good orcaman. my watts psf are right around 44.
so heres a few pics of my lil syrup setup or ssss sixstrings sugarshack :)
Ssss 023
Ssss 031
Ssss 026

Syrup
Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

loving the maple syrup...ive used maple syrup as a replacement for molasses, works very well...im from the far north, we are world leaders in maple syrup, lol everybody has their own little family sugar shack where they make their own syrup, my great uncle has a pretty big on with connecting lines from tree to tree, they all run down to the boiler in the shack....very nice man loving your home made syrup

sixstring

sixstring

loving the maple syrup...ive used maple syrup as a replacement for molasses, works very well...im from the far north, we are world leaders in maple syrup, lol everybody has their own little family sugar shack where they make their own syrup, my great uncle has a pretty big on with connecting lines from tree to tree, they all run down to the boiler in the shack....very nice man loving your home made syrup
thanks for stoppin by joe.i got some land in northern michigan thats about 95 % sugar maple forest,very hilly and i plan to do just what your talking about with the trees all tapped and lines running down hill to several collection tanks.this is pretty much my practice runs,we are still a few years from moving up there permanent.i go to alot of farmers markets up there and i buy alot of fresh syrup from long time farmers .its almost worth its weight in gold lol.i have done a ton of reading on it and you canuks hold your maple syrup as dear as we hold our gold in fort knox lol.its hard for me to count my treees but i have estimated my land to hold about 2000 tapable trees just counting 12 in dia and bigger.and they all are very tall,like 3 times taller than the 2 im tapping down state here so im pretty stoked to see how they produce in the coming years.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

thanks for stoppin by joe.i got some land in northern michigan thats about 95 % sugar maple forest,very hilly and i plan to do just what your talking about with the trees all tapped and lines running down hill to several collection tanks.this is pretty much my practice runs,we are still a few years from moving up there permanent.i go to alot of farmers markets up there and i buy alot of fresh syrup from long time farmers .its almost worth its weight in gold lol.i have done a ton of reading on it and you canuks hold your maple syrup as dear as we hold our gold in fort knox lol.its hard for me to count my treees but i have estimated my land to hold about 2000 tapable trees just counting 12 in dia and bigger.and they all are very tall,like 3 times taller than the 2 im tapping down state here so im pretty stoked to see how they produce in the coming years.

ya man i would for sure invest in it, maple syrup is worth a lot of money, like if you whoplesale its like 3.75 a can of 500ml, but if you sell by the can or at farmers markets, you can get 6-7$ a can of 500ml....thats easy YEARLY money you can count on and its 100% legal money too, i would for sure take money from your crops and invest, its a good investment, that does not cost alot in upkeep

sixstring

sixstring

that looks like anything but an assclown, nice work!
confu

It'll turn you into an assclown :)

@Joe Fresh its around 10 bucks for 500ml here in michigan from some of the well known farms.my wife has been in my ear about this since the day i showed her our land up there lol.but yeah man now that im doing it i can see where i big operation will be alot of hard work but i really like it so far on a small scale.im not sure yet if im gunna buy or make my boiler but im leaning towards building my own cause im pretty handy with a welder.we def have plenty of standing dead wood for fuel and i just got a new log splitter.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

do you boil under pressure? ive seen some set ups where they have their boiler set up like a pressure cooker and the excess steam comes out a small pipe....but i think the more conventional way is just boiling, i could be wrong, i have never made any myself, but always wanted to, for some reason i equate making maple syrup and maple butter to making shatter and budder lol

stutter

stutter

hey there six, gardens looking mighty fine. think im going to hang in here and chill for a while. been reading a few of your posts lately in other threads and well lets just say im impressed by your take on things. good to see someone with such great positive vibes, even if you do tend to get treated as though your the negative one a lot lol

sixstring

sixstring

do you boil under pressure? ive seen some set ups where they have their boiler set up like a pressure cooker and the excess steam comes out a small pipe....but i think the more conventional way is just boiling, i could be wrong, i have never made any myself, but always wanted to, for some reason i equate making maple syrup and maple butter to making shatter and budder lol

no pressure im just using big stainless pots on my gas stove for now,but im going to check out some evaporators tomorrow.some of the nicer units will pull down 200 gals of sap a day,some even more but i dont want to break the bank just yet lol.never really got above freezing today maybe 33f so i dont think i got more than a gallon off each tree if im luck,but tomorrow is gunna be about 45f so it should be much better.

hey there six, gardens looking mighty fine. think im going to hang in here and chill for a while. been reading a few of your posts lately in other threads and well lets just say im impressed by your take on things. good to see someone with such great positive vibes, even if you do tend to get treated as though your the negative one a lot lol

glad to have ya alone for the ride stutter.lots of dif personalities here at the farm,i should prolly take @Skoosh advice and step away from the keyboard sometimes and come back to it later.i get crabby when the pot wears off lol.
heres some pics of my rrx #2 i took a few days ago just never remembered to load the pics.
Rrx   003
Rrx  014
Rrx 008
Rrx 018
Rrx 019

a few shots of the southside flame i forgot from the other day
Ss fl  007
Ss fl 009

and some mkx #3 pics
Mkx 3  031
Mkx 3 029
Mkx 3 030

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@sixstring Thanks for the memories. My Dad would tap maple trees every year and he made some of the best organic maple syrup. Frikkn delicious. Most folks don't know what they are missing using the store bought watered down crap that sell.,,,,,,,,, Nice lady friends you got there BTW!!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
ya man i would for sure invest in it, maple syrup is worth a lot of money, like if you whoplesale its like 3.75 a can of 500ml, but if you sell by the can or at farmers markets, you can get 6-7$ a can of 500ml....thats easy YEARLY money you can count on and its 100% legal money too, i would for sure take money from your crops and invest, its a good investment, that does not cost alot in upkeep
@Joe Fresh sssshhhhhhh Dont say that too loud, lest some idiot up on the hill hear that and they make it illegal and run a prohibition on maple syrup.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
looks real good my friend stacking like chem. does she have a smell yet? hoping soem of the haze can come through

sixstring

sixstring

thanks man,not alot of smell yet.i pinched that nug im holding a bit but its just a bit of sweet smell maybe some kind of rotten funk starting to come through but not sure cause theres a bubbas bitch right next to her that flat out reaks of rotten fruity funk :) that dd haze was flower on 3-1-15 so like 5 weeks now

Latest posts

Top Bottom