Sixstring's strain hunts

• Thread starter sixstring
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

Badass brother!Ive also been searching around for more efficient lighting options,Ive never been an LED guy but ill try most things once,lol.I dig the DIY,How much to build per light and what wattage of HPS do they replace?
Ive been eyeing these after i saw a grow journal here from one of the new members from dank den,the guy who makes them is also a member here.

Only thing i dont like is the price,lol.It seems every new thing that comes along whether its DE,315cmh or LED comes with a big price tag to play.If the savings are right maybe ill try my hand at DIY'ing a couple too.50/50 split of DE vs CMH/LED is kind of where im headed too.
yeah man thats one of 3 guys i been reading and listening to at riu about all this shit lol.those pacific light concept panels are on sale right now for 650.00.they draw 320w @240v and imo are a 600whps relacement.its kinda what im building off of and i picked up all my cobs,holders,and reflectors from him through his store.his prices on div parts are awesome and shipping is fast as hell plus he is set up with paypal so its easy peazy.to build that panel diy you will be around 500 bucks,but his panels are ul listed and you can daisy chain them.if you figure all the r & d that went into them 650 aint bad at all.
i just dont like how all these commerical panels group the cobs so close,its makes for a smaller footprint.my designs are trying to get rid of hotspots in the center,more even coverage from edge to edge i guess..if you go diy route i can link all my suppliers as far as the heatsinks and drivers.plc is my supplier for the cobs,holders,adapters,reflectors,and thermal pads.
he also has a bar style panel in the works right now looks like my setup only waaaay nicer.its about 5-6 weeks out right now i think.over there he goes by greengenes707,and supraspl is over there as ame name.plus the other guy is growmau5 who is really doing alot for the diy community right now with tons of info and videos.check out growmau5 vids if you wanna know all the do's n dont's of diy.heres a link ,theres like 7 or 8 parts (vids) and he goes over everything super slow for dummies lol.

sixstring

sixstring

this is a kit growmau5 and cutter electronics came up with for diy.its for 4 cobs with all the other parts needed,you build your own frame.the driver is able to power 5 cobs so all you need to do is order the extra parts for a 5 light panel.buts its from austrailia and its on backorder,i think they are 6 weeks out lol.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Honestly if the parts are 500 and the built units are 650 its not worth my time to build it,i also like the daisy chaining abilities.If i could do it for 1/2 price id be in,i am a cheap bastard and try to build everything myself but time is money,lol.I sort of see why LED tech is so expensive now if just the parts are 75% of the cost.Im going to check out the vids.What are the differences between the regular lights and the bar lights?coverage?

sixstring

sixstring

well the plc fixtures have a spread like a 3 x 4 where my bars are only 2 x 5 but my plan is to run 3 bars in a 5 x 6 area,its just how i made these for a spot in my shop thats 5 x 12.im doin half now half in a few weeks. my 5 light bars cost around 420 with everything,but i bought drivers and heatsinks in bulk for future builds.thats plc panel for 650 is upwards of 1200 at other companies for what your getting.when you start looking at costs think about your power draw,cooling,and lamp replacement.these cobs are still like 90% after 5 years.so i do bulb swaps 2 x a year now @ about 1300.00 per swap.with gavita you get about 35% light and 65% heat maybe 40/60.flip that with led done right you get about 60-65% light/photons/35-40% heat.in my setup its run soft so ill get the higher side of 60/40 light to heat.shit will pay for itself right quickly bro.i have seen a ton of cob grows,guys are putting out dank @ about 1.2 to 1.5 grams per watt easy. i think im a better grower than just about every grow i seen so... lmao i think ill do pretty good :)

Shire

Shire

So I know the train wreck has long came and went but how was it? Tight nuts? Classic twreck funk? Was it a day ruiner?

sixstring

sixstring

So I know the train wreck has long came and went but how was it? Tight nuts? Classic twreck funk? Was it a day ruiner?
The tw had nice dense buds but she was a floppy sloppy hoe so i ditched the bitch :)
Smoke was decent to me,def not a day wrecker but a g ood heady stone.some of my people loved it but as the grower i hated it lol.

Shire

Shire

That sucks. I was really hoping you had some fire with that one. Some trainwreck in my area a lot of people refused to smoke. Shit got people in trouble lmao. One or two tokes and good luck brotha. Stunk so fuckin bad. Left you with lizard eyes and praying you could hold em open

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Yeah ditto that,i wanna check out the cobs too.Because of you and the threads at the other spot im thinking of putting together one myself.I been capping on the LED guys forever but the times they are a changing,lol.Wont be cheap im thinking 36 cobs to cover a 4x12,still learning though,not 100% sure on that.Was looking for supras thread on coverages but havent come across it yet.

Last edited:
sixstring

sixstring

yeah sorry guys ,i just been slammed with work and tryin to get a garage built here and tryin to keep my garden alive.im gunna try to make some time tomorrow or sunday to maybe hang a few of these panels,the spot i wanna use i has been empty for at least a week,which will come back to bite me in the ass if i dont fill it back up real soon.

sixstring

sixstring

First things first six,take care of business.
its killin me man,im sitting in my tractor now dumping mulch on my guys who are moving like snails today wishing i was building and mounting lights lol.got about 50-60 yards left of the 120 we started with so im guessing we might be done and all cleaned up by 2 or 3 pm.this work shit really gets in the way of my personal life lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom