Sixstring's strain hunts

• Thread starter sixstring
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

yo fw for the drivers i prefer the meanwells and theres a few dif companies in the us that stock them.i used my companies tax id and set up a commercial account and got a break buying 20 at once.but heres a cali co you can use http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...reId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=2189337&

heres another supplier that ships fast as hell.but is a bit pricey.i picked up some 2700k and 3000k cobs from these guys and they got to me in 2 days.

the pin style heatsinks are in high demand right now,theres a few guys that will have them soon. plc is one and northern lighting which is where i got mine.this dude hooked me up with all the screws needed to mount the cob holders and mount the heat sinks to the rails. again i bought in bulk and got a good deal on mine,but opted out of the rope ratchets and thermal paste. https://northerngrowlights.com/products/sst140-heatsink?variant=14546609092

im sure plc is going to have a similar price on these,both these guys and cutter should have stock in a week or 2

Orcaman

Orcaman

Hey sixstring, Hope your spring is going well. I'm glad to see that your moving forward with your DIY led lighting. You should check out the thread that @Mr Corealis has going on the same thing. You both really have me thinking about building my own lighting in the near future.:)

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Hey sixstring, Hope your spring is going well. I'm glad to see that your moving forward with your DIY led lighting. You should check out the thread that @Mr Corealis has going on the same thing. You both really have me thinking about building my own lighting in the near future.:)
Makes me wanna build 1 also.

@Sixtring- where did you source the frame? I saved all the other links you posted.

sixstring

sixstring

Makes me wanna build 1 also.

@Sixtring- where did you source the frame? I saved all the other links you posted.

I made the frames out of plain angle aluminum from the home dickhole but it aint cheap that way.i have some aluminum sites saved i will post when i get home i think even with shipping its at least 1/3 less than the dickhole.but in a pinch you can get angle at hd and have it done in an afternoon for about 18 to 20 bucks for a 5 foot rail.the 4 footers were like 7 bucks a piece so about 15 bucks for each of those shorter fixtures.but i like the 5 footers better.

whiteak80

whiteak80

Hey Six, how you been bro, hope all has been well. I see I've got some catching up to do, still making me jealous as always from just the quick look I've had through your thread. LED's have caught my eye, looks like the tech on them has come a fair way since I last looked, and a supplier even in my neck of the woods, wonders never cease to amaze. Anyway bro, just wanted to say hi, and I'll send ya a PM in the next couple of days. PEACE...

Redwood-roots

Redwood-roots

It took a few weeks of on and off reading but I just finished this entire thread and have to applaud you Six, it is growers like yourself that keep me logging back in. Exceptional, thx for the reader. I'm locked in

HughJassBud

HughJassBud

I took the time to really read through your thread tonight. A lot of really nice ladies over the past couple years. I'm envious of your apparently cold Temps! If I could run some kind of light that refrigerated the air, I would....it's hot as shit where I live.

Anyhow, I'm thinking hard about this coverage thing. You have a shit ton of experience and "alleged"( no name scribbled in it ;-) ) pics of your grow to prove it!

I'm curious, you mentioned you had a light meter like a year ago in this thread. Do you still have it? How does the lumen intensity of the COB'S compare to the 600 watt on the meter?

I got my COB's in today, so I'll be following your lead. Also, I've grown in dirt for a long long long time. You sir humble me. Amazing stuff.

sixstring

sixstring

I took the time to really read through your thread tonight. A lot of really nice ladies over the past couple years. I'm envious of your apparently cold Temps! If I could run some kind of light that refrigerated the air, I would....it's hot as shit where I live.

Anyhow, I'm thinking hard about this coverage thing. You have a shit ton of experience and "alleged"( no name scribbled in it ;-) ) pics of your grow to prove it!

I'm curious, you mentioned you had a light meter like a year ago in this thread. Do you still have it? How does the lumen intensity of the COB'S compare to the 600 watt on the meter?

I got my COB's in today, so I'll be following your lead. Also, I've grown in dirt for a long long long time. You sir humble me. Amazing stuff.
well i have not been able to spend much time in my grow for about the past 6 weeks.my shop is currently about half empty because im just busy as hell and also having a new shop built.so the jist of it is i have not put a meter on these cobs yet but i will try to do it soon.i can say to my naked eye they appear brighter by alot but i think alot of that is the colors,the cobs are much whiter than an hps,plus i have 15 cobs mounted where i used to have just one 600w lamp so i know the coverage is much better with the cobs.my best guess is a 600w cooltube just barely covers a 4x4 area and these are spread @ 12inches on center so i def have a good 4 x 5 coverage.but ill try to use the meter and see what the edges look like.i would guess the 600 is twice as bright in the center and half as bright at the edge of 4 feet
It took a few weeks of on and off reading but I just finished this entire thread and have to applaud you Six, it is growers like yourself that keep me logging back in. Exceptional, thx for the reader. I'm locked in
das alot of dimp :) thanks for taking the time and the kind words.been a busy bitch up in hurr but heres a few pics of some current shizzle. @Motarebel baked strawberry ghash
Bsg 1 IMG 0843

Bsg 2 IMG 0915

@JAWS chem soda cookies
Cscook IMG 0908
Cscook IMG 0910

bodhi's space monkey,which im growing very fond of every time i see this bitch
Sp monk 1 IMG 0911

seedjunky's tk bx
Tk bx IMG 0905

sixstring

sixstring

I miss trying to find the rat! Hes gone? Lovely ladies you always have!
The rat is still in there rb,
I think its just off to the right out of the pic lol
nice work six.

this pic you just posted speaks volumes toward your environment. very, very few can achieve this indoors, bravo - many tells in just this one photo if you understand what to look for.

View attachment 606182
Thanks spiderk but that one is growing itself,i just try not to fuck her up too much haha.been using the photo plus as foliar on a few girls in flower and thats one i have never skipped so she has prob been sprayed 4 or 5 times now

SpiderK

SpiderK

the leaf is the key, it tells you everything. if you notice the leaf is plump between every vein ( like little waves rolling across the top ) and the very tips are curled up, just the tips ( besides praying leaf curl ).

evey time you see this it tells you the plant is hitting on all cylinders. you wanna see this from day one - chop, if you do not see this, something is amiss

Top Bottom