Small Brown Spots Post Transplant

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

The lower leaves were dying, I felt I needed to do something. Ph is completely normal so that is not the issue. Even so these nutes work in a window of 5 to 8 ph. Again though my ph is in the normal range even for normal nutes.

Foliar feeding is a great option but if I am deficient that will help but not fix the issue correct?

Like I said the bottom leaves are dying exactly like the phosphorus pic and they get less deficient as you move up the plant. Phosphorus deficiency also shows what appears to be signs of tip burning just like nute burn. My plants are in what appears to be quickly entering late stage phosphorus deficiency.

I'll say this much,

At this point they look no worse and perhaps even slightly better then yesterday. Until this point they had been getting worse day by day. After 5 days of this slow looking death I just had to make a choice.

If it's wrong I will completely own that and that's exactly how I want it. My lack of listening is not a sign of disrespect to you guys. Like I said, thanks for all the info, even if I kill my girls I still would have learned much from this site.

S

Shawnery

I'm sure it could have nothing to do with my upping the nutes but a few hours earlier the girls looked no worse than yesterday. I just went out there and they're already looming better than a few hours ago.

Some leaves that were becoming purple everywhere are starting to get green areas. There are even some green spots or streaks in the stems.

If this trend continues I'll be happy no matter the reason but I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

S

Shawnery

Exactly my issues to a T on the deficient side of course but it is interesting how similar to little/much can have similar appeances.

Phosphorus Deficiency marijuana diagram
S

Shawnery

All but two of the eight plants are starting to really throw out some roots. Not sure what's holding the two back but hopefully they catch up.

Now about the nutrients and this is interesting and points to way to little ppm. Two days ago I ended up doubling the nutrient content from 400ppm to 800ppm. Two days later I added another 400ppm which eould put me at 3/4th strength. When I tested my solution in the res which is always a bit stronger it was still at 800ppm.

Doesn't that back up my theory of my nutrient solution was way to low? If it was to high and I added more it should have locked out the nutes and stayed the same, right? Since it went through 400ppm of nutrients in one day thst leads me to believe that this brand requires high ppm numbers compared to many other brands?

Patches of green are slowly returning to some leaves while others were to far gone. There are also some patches of green showing back up on the stems as well.

Hope all is well!

chemistry

chemistry

You want to hear crazy though. Quarter strength is 400ppm that means 1600 is what I should be using. DAMN that seems very high but then again perhaps it requires higher numbers to work right?

Follow your heart, you have grown before, only difference is your grow system, so dial it in. If you think it needs 1600ppm, then do it, it is the only way to find out if your right. Your an experienced grower, so stuff what others say, if you know better, then go for it babe. I've told you what I would do, and others have too, it's your grow. Your plants are deficient, you can see that from the pictures you put up, the only thing you can do is grow the problem out.

chemistry

chemistry

Exactly my issues to a T on the deficient side of course but it is interesting how similar to little/much can have similar appeances.

This pic that you put up says excess Phosphorus for yellow leaves, not a def.

chemistry

chemistry

Are you still putting in 0ppm water? If so, your brand of nuits won't work.

S

Shawnery

My nutes are made specifically for RO water which has 0ppm?

S

Shawnery

Please explain how if I was over feeding why my ppm dropped 400 points in two days?

I'm not arguing for the sake of it! I'm completely interested in understanding why this would be the reaction in my system if my nutes where to high and not to low.

When I added 400ppm more to my system, yesterday now, it should have read 1200ppm but it read 800ppm. That's a net loss of 400ppm in two days.

Does that make any sense?

Again this isn't disrespectful banter this is actual interest in the topic we are discussing. I've never been the type to say ok and just go with it.

chemistry

chemistry

My nutes are made specifically for RO water which has 0ppm?

However, with Sensi Bloom pH Perfect™ you’ll eliminate pH checking forever because of the proprietary “pH Perfect” technology it uses. In short, as long as your water falls between 4.5 and 8.5 pH (which is pretty much everyone’s water) – this technology adjusts your pH for you and keeps it buffered there throughout your plants growth phase!

chemistry

chemistry

Please explain how if I was over feeding why my ppm dropped 400 points in two days?

I'm not arguing for the sake of it! I'm completely interested in understanding why this would be the reaction in my system if my nutes where to high and not to low.

When I added 400ppm more to my system, yesterday now, it should have read 1200ppm but it read 800ppm. That's a net loss of 400ppm in two days.

Does that make any sense?

Again this isn't disrespectful banter this is actual interest in the topic we are discussing. I've never been the type to say ok and just go with it.

How many plants do you have in your system right now?

S

Shawnery

Exactly!

Not only that but the buffers are supposed to all but stop nutrient burn. Unless you go crazy of course, I mean at levels specified by AN.

I'm also not using sensi sorry its the 3 part ph perfect. Same basic idea though

By the way, there's a tsunami warning for the entire bay area coast, CRAZY SHIT!! Some earthquake that was 8 near alaska.

chemistry

chemistry

Exactly!

Not only that but the buffers are supposed to all but stop nutrient burn. Unless you go crazy of course, I mean at levels specified by AN.

I'm also not using sensi but it is the of perfect.

By the way, there's a tsunami warning for the entire bay area coast, CRAZY SHIT!! Some earthquake that was 8 near alaska.

Says Sensi is what your using, got that from your this topic.

chemistry

chemistry

Exactly!

I'm also not using sensi sorry its the 3 part ph perfect. Same basic idea though

What nuits are you using now?

S

Shawnery

Says Sensi is what your using, got that from your this topic.
I get that, I made a mistake, it's the PH Perfect Bloom, Micro, Grow. The same additives apply to both types and both are able to control ph and nutrient uptake.

Sorry for the mistake. No change just wrote it wrong.

S

Shawnery

Sure that's 50 per plant but that seems like a lot considering it didn't budge for 6 days until I upped the ppm' s.

Just coincidence

chemistry

chemistry

Sure that's 50 per plant but that seems like a lot considering it didn't budge for 6 days until I upped the ppm' s.

Just coincidence

If 50 is a lot? Why are you putting in 800? And planning to up that to 1600?

Top Bottom