Small Brown Spots Post Transplant

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I get what you're saying now.

It's right around 8.

The reason I'm putting more nutrients in is because my plants didn't start eating until I upped it the first time. Add to that that my stems are starting to get green spots and streaks. Plus my leaves are starting to get green spots as well.

I'm wrong or right! It doesn't get much simpler than that.

S

Shawnery

I know you can't always trust manufacturers because in the end they're attempting to make money. Well I figured what the he'll could it hurt at this point. I mean everyone on here that cares to respond says my ppm's are to high. Then I got my gut telling me not only do I have a deficiency but I have a bad one. So I called the Advanced Nutrients hotline twice so I could get to different responses.

This is straight from two different horses mouths and good info for anyone else who decides to believe them.

Unlike nutrients such as GH 3 part, AN 3 part is made specifically for cannabis. With AN 3 part you should be seeing around 1400ppm. If you feed at a lower rate, especially 1/4 strength, you will have huge deficiency issues which I do.

They also stated that my ph staying at 6.5 is fine with the AN 3 part because of the chelates and additives. He specifically said not to touch your ph because it is made to work the way it is.

They told me to bring my ppm's up to 1400 and that should quickly stop the deficiency in its tracks and to do nothing else.

Amazing how different one nutrient can be compared to the next. I'm really not surprised considering most nute lines are for general use and AN is made for cannabis.

chemistry

chemistry

How many gallons exactly in your entire system? I've just run my grow on AN nuits feed chart, and for my DWC system it works out at bang on 400ppm, same as my other nuits.

S

Shawnery

Not sure what feed chart you are using but I was told by two reps to be at 1400.

30 gallons

My budlabs app from Advanced Nutrients puts my feeling at 440ml per bottle. Or on there website.

What does gallons of water have to do with ppm?

bicky studs

bicky studs

Exactly my man!

30 gallons in week 4 requires 15oz or also known as 440ml. When adding the exact required amount designated by the calculator it comes out to 1400ppm.

Exactly where I am now.
sounds pretty damn hot to me...
is ur meter ok? temps can change ppm big time unless ur meter compensates...

S

Shawnery

I agree it sounds hot to me as well but it has nothing to do with my meter that's the exact PPM that was stated by 2 reps associated with advanced nutrients that I called directly.

Not to mention that is the exact PPM that is stated that I should be at when adding the amount of milliliters that I have

bicky studs

bicky studs

I agree it sounds hot to me as well but it has nothing to do with my meter that's the exact PPM that was stated by 2 reps associated with advanced nutrients that I called directly.

Not to mention that is the exact PPM that is stated that I should be at when adding the amount of milliliters that I have
i guess go with it a untill u see signs...good or bad then act accordingly.
bare in mind those amounts probly for the perfect enviroment...all the bells n whistles, co2 etc.

Wisher619

Wisher619

@Shawnery
@EventHorizan @chemistry

Event asked me to come read over this thread and give my thoughts if possible

so....

Everyone here is correct on all fronts
those who say his ec is to high are correct
him raising his ec is also correct

then....this is where I run into a problem
Shawnery
Advanced Nutrients is not specifically made for Cannabis!
Advanced Nutrients is specifically marketed towards cannabis!
Big Mike found a niche and made a huge profit

THE REASON YOU CAN RUN EC SO HIGH WITHOUT BURN!!

here is the secret

Mike uses High Urea and ammonium Nitrogen in his formulas.....these are not readily available nor are they assimilated as fast as Calcium Nitrate
All other company's, cannabis specific or not, use calcium nitrate
ofcourse they will use Ammonium which helps with P uptake but Big Mike runs High Urea...something like 3 percent

as for ph
yes the "PH Perfect" really is the chelates he uses make micros available in a wide range of ph
and Macros are already available in a wide range

so if you were not using high urea nutes your plants would be fried
since you are then yes up the nutes...although 1400 will probably kill your plants ...I personally wouldnt go over 2.0ec
so if you were using any other Canna Specific...I would say between 200-400 ppm max in your system
but since you are using a soil nutrient...then yeah up the nutes to levels that the plant can take up

so yes upping the nutes was the right call

if you have success in this system...might I suggest upping the nute game to say....Masterblend/Jacks hydroponic/jr peters etc...
I consider commercial agg hydroponic nutes specifically because this is what commercial cannabis farmers use
2 part dry salt mix

well so does big mike...formulated for soil growing...then adds water to it and sells it with cool labels to hobby cannabis growers at extremely high prices
and using urea forces you to use a higher ec which forces you to have to purchase more nutrients and spend more money
something like a Masterblend 3 part will run you $50.00 for 20lbs of feed
you can make your own bottle nutes
1part hydro feed
1part Calcium nitrate
1/2part magnesium sulfate

Cannabis specific nutrients should hold an NPK ratio of
3-2-4 or 3-1-2
this is cannabis specific
no grow no bloom...just this through the entire grow process

Dynagrow foliage pro
CNS17
are 2 1part nutrients that are canna specific bottled and work really well
are very ph stable
and run clean
and can be used at much lower ec as all nutrients are readily available at any given ec
of course these arent marketed towards cannabis
if you need cannabis marketed
you have
Emerald Triangle
Humbolt County's Own
Canna
House and Garden
RX Green Technologies
Vegamatrix
the list goes on really

these are just my thoughts and opinions

bicky studs

bicky studs

@Shawnery
@EventHorizan @chemistry

so....

Shawnery

here is the secret

Mike uses High Urea and ammonium Nitrogen in his formulas.....these are not readily available nor are they assimilated as fast as Calcium Nitrate
ofcourse they will use Ammonium which helps with P uptake but Big Mike runs High Urea...something like 3 percent

as for ph
yes the "PH Perfect" really is the chelates he uses make micros available in a wide range of ph

since you are then yes up the nutes...although 1400 will probably kill your plants ...I personally wouldnt go over 2.0ec
so if you were using any other Canna Specific...I would say between 200-400 ppm max in your system
but since you are using a soil nutrient...then yeah up the nutes to levels that the plant can take up

if you have success in this system...might I suggest upping the nute game to say....Masterblend/Jacks hydroponic/jr peters etc...
I consider commercial agg hydroponic nutes specifically because this is what commercial cannabis farmers use
2 part dry salt mix

well so does big mike...formulated for soil growing...then adds water to it and sells it with cool labels to hobby cannabis growers at extremely high prices
and using urea forces you to use a higher ec which forces you to have to purchase more nutrients and spend more money
1part hydro feed
1part Calcium nitrate

3-2-4 or 3-1-2

Dynagrow foliage pro
CNS17
are very ph stable
and run clean
and can be used at much lower ec as all nutrients are readily available at any given ec
you have
Emerald Triangle
Humbolt County's Own
Canna
House and Garden
RX Green Technologies
Vegamatrix
the list goes on really

great run down m8.
think every1 learnt something there:shockedninja:

chemistry

chemistry

@Shawnery
@EventHorizan @chemistry

so....

Shawnery

here is the secret

as for ph

2 part dry salt mix

1part hydro feed
1part Calcium nitrate

3-2-4 or 3-1-2

Dynagrow foliage pro
CNS17
are very ph stable
and run clean
you have
Emerald Triangle
Humbolt County's Own
Canna
House and Garden
RX Green Technologies
Vegamatrix
the list goes on really

Thanks for that, was wondering about the high PPM's and not burning, some messing about to grow a bit of weed though. lol

chemistry

chemistry

@Shawnery
@EventHorizan @chemistry

so....

Shawnery

here is the secret

as for ph

2 part dry salt mix

1part hydro feed
1part Calcium nitrate

3-2-4 or 3-1-2

Dynagrow foliage pro
CNS17
are very ph stable
and run clean
you have
Emerald Triangle
Humbolt County's Own
Canna
House and Garden
RX Green Technologies
Vegamatrix
the list goes on really

So does this mean that most of the 1400ppm's are untouchable by the plant and are just floating around making up the numbers?

Wisher619

Wisher619

So does this mean that most of the 1400ppm's are untouchable by the plant and are just floating around making up the numbers?
Urea has not ec
essentially you are raising the ec till the Calcium nitrate reach a level the plants can take up with proper growth
AN is really complicated and not worth it to me
urea will work but urea is part of the "PH buffer" that makes it sit where it does
also why AN works really well in soil applications without burning
the Nitrate is low
in soil urea is best
very reason why if you look on say Large Agg Citrus Feed it is all urea and maybe potassium Nitrate
it really is a scam for what you pay for IMO but I dont want to bash any one company

but emulating what big agg does to me makes more sense since their bottom line is profit so everything has to be cost effective and effecient

all these bottle companys just order the salts themselves and with their own batches with whatever ratio

Last edited:
S

Shawnery

@Shawnery
@EventHorizan @chemistry

so....

Shawnery

here is the secret

as for ph

2 part dry salt mix

1part hydro feed
1part Calcium nitrate

3-2-4 or 3-1-2

Dynagrow foliage pro
CNS17
are very ph stable
and run clean
you have
Emerald Triangle
Humbolt County's Own
Canna
House and Garden
RX Green Technologies
Vegamatrix
the list goes on really

Thanks for the detail!

I'm definitely not sticking with this after this grow. If I had been aware of the massive amounts you need to use I would have NEVER gone this route.

Live and learn!

S

Shawnery

My plants are not happy. I've never had a green thumb my entire life. I'm not surprised all I have are problems. It's so fucking annoying I'm about to quit hydro all together. Then again I don't think I would fair much better in soil.

To Much stress on my plants and me. I love smoking my own awesome bud but I miss not having to worry about these damn plants all the time.

Top Bottom