Small Grow For Nubies.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, all's well with the grow, apart from the wind burn where the fan stalls to change direction (oscillating) this causes to much wind in the two corners where the fan stalls. Other than that week six went with out a hitch. 🙂 So onwards into week 7, these babes are starting to stink, had to turn the after dark fan up to compensate, not a bad problem to have, unless your growing under your bed and you don't want your parents to find out. lol So week 7 starts today, by next week we should see what we have to look forward to at the chop. A couple of these plants will run over the 8 week flower period, they did last time I grew them, but that's life if your a grower. lol

The vid, backed by Ozzy. 🤘

Super Lemon Haze.
20200111 193026

Juan Herer.
20200113 190418

Gorilla Variant.
20200113 190436

And that's week six done and dusted, and we'll see what week seven holds. 🙂 Keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Evening tokers and growers, week seven is out of the way, and we're cruising along, only thing wrong is the wind burn, it's not any worse than it was since it arrived, so not an issue, just looks ugly in the pics. lol I may have to high tech the problem out with bit of old cardboard and gorilla tape as a deflector. lol It doesn't seem to bother the plants, so maybe I should stop worrying about it. lol Anyway, I've taken this vid as this weeks update, and I've tried to stall on the various plants in my six plant block. The first stop is the Bubblelicios, it has a scuffy leaf appearance. Next stop is the Juan Herer, a more tidy looking leaf structure. Then we stop at the Aurora Indica, a very scruffy looking leaf structure. lol Then we move onto the back row with the Purple Bud, another scruffy leaf structure, but look at the difference in bud, the Purple Bud is well top heavy, and an extremely sticky bud, after that we move onto the Super Lemon Haze, have to say Iove this strain, leaves me running on the spot, but I'm to stoned to get off my arse. lol And last but not least is the Gorilla Variant, I say variant, because I know it's gorilla, but not if it's been altered, so it's reffered to as the Variant. Enjoy the vid, and see if you can make out the various strains.

A pic of the six together, lovely. 🙂
20200119 173436

And that's all I have for you on this update, hope your grows are as trouble free as mine has been. Onwards into week 8, should see the onset of amber trykes this week, looks like the Aurora or the Bubblelicious might finish around week eight and a half, so the next harvest looms, can't wait for the SLH, it's as frosty as it comes, love it. 😍 Stay frosty folks, until next week, we're gone.🛫

chemistry

chemistry

Evening tokers and growers, hope your all fine and dandy. We've now reached week 8 and the plants are still alive, they have the odd problem, like the wind burn, and the constant migration of Thrips into my grow, and it's this that I wan't to draw attention to. Nearly every indoor grow I've had in the last two years has been attacked by Thrips, I've done my best to delete them permanently. Well this round I decided to roll the dice, not do any skirt lifting or leg shaving, but to let nature take it's course. I arrived at this decision by accident after sitting in the garden looking at the bitten leaves on my veg. Yep, thrips. But the strange thing is, the Thrips only ate their way up to the second set of bottom leaves, and it's a well known fact that Thrips attack damaged or weak looking leaves and plants, so I decided to leave my lovely ladies to the ravages of the Thrips, and what happened? Nothing much, the Thrips ate up to the bottom two sets of leaves, just like they did in the veg garden. So now I'm thinking that I should leave all the bottom leaves on to keep the Thrips at the bottom of the plant, and yellow card as many as I can to control the numbers. My problem is not so much the thrips them selves, as the odd bug exploding in a joint or bong is not the end of the world, maybe the end of another shirt though, or even the damage really, as those leaves are cut off during trimming, it's the bug sprays I have problems with, I really don't like spraying any thing I eat or smoke, based on what the manufacturer says is safe for me. So like I said, I let it ride, and have to say that I'm not disappointed with the results, I've done a vid so you can see the full extent of the damage, and to be fair, the thrips kept them selves to them selves. I've not seen any difference is bud size or growth, both the same, with or with out leaves, so next round the plants are going skirts down and hairy legs. lol Don't know how well the video came out, still not got round to getting another camera. lol So here it is make up your own mind.

All six plants, top view, you can see the wind burn in both corners where the fan stalls to change direction.
20200202 171659

Buds are still fattening up, some nice dark trykes starting to put in an appearance. Loupe shots next week maybe. 🙂
20200202 171705

In the side shot you can see the buds still have room to fatten a little more at the tops, maybe another two weeks to finish, or some of them, they're all Indica doms, so should finish with in a week of each other, can't wait. Will have to wake up the replacements to fill the flower space, all new varieties to me, and one unknown. So some thing to look forward to, and a bit of intrigue. lol
20200202 171713

I'm trying a group of five on the next run, just to see if I'm over subscribed in the flower space. I've had 3 plants in a row in a similar shaped space and filled that, so 5 should be a breeze. In the five will be two Zskittlez, one Lemon Amnesia, one Sticky Fingers, and the unknown plant? If you look back, I had a pack of seeds that you had to grow to see which plant you had grown, then match it to the photo on the packet, well only one survived, so don't know which one until it goes into flower, then I can match it's mug shot. lol

And that's it folks, all up to date with what's happening on my patch, keep toking folks.🖖

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Evening tokers and growers, hope your all fine and dandy. We've now reached week 8 and the plants are still alive, they have the odd problem, like the wind burn, and the constant migration of Thrips into my grow, and it's this that I wan't to draw attention to. Nearly every indoor grow I've had in the last two years has been attacked by Thrips, I've done my best to delete them permanently. Well this round I decided to roll the dice, not do any skirt lifting or leg shaving, but to let nature take it's course. I arrived at this decision by accident after sitting in the garden looking at the bitten leaves on my veg. Yep, thrips. But the strange thing is, the Thrips only ate their way up to the second set of bottom leaves, and it's a well known fact that Thrips attack damaged or weak looking leaves and plants, so I decided to leave my lovely ladies to the ravages of the Thrips, and what happened? Nothing much, the Thrips ate up to the bottom two sets of leaves, just like they did in the veg garden. So now I'm thinking that I should leave all the bottom leaves on to keep the Thrips at the bottom of the plant, and yellow card as many as I can to control the numbers. My problem is not so much the thrips them selves, as the odd bug exploding in a joint or bong is not the end of the world, maybe the end of another shirt though, or even the damage really, as those leaves are cut off during trimming, it's the bug sprays I have problems with, I really don't like spraying any thing I eat or smoke, based on what the manufacturer says is safe for me. So like I said, I let it ride, and have to say that I'm not disappointed with the results, I've done a vid so you can see the full extent of the damage, and to be fair, the thrips kept them selves to them selves. I've not seen any difference is bud size or growth, both the same, with or with out leaves, so next round the plants are going skirts down and hairy legs. lol Don't know how well the video came out, still not got round to getting another camera. lol So here it is make up your own mind.
View attachment 936831

All six plants, top view, you can see the wind burn in both corners where the fan stalls to change direction.
View attachment 936832
Buds are still fattening up, some nice dark trykes starting to put in an appearance. Loupe shots next week maybe. 🙂
View attachment 936838

In the side shot you can see the buds still have room to fatten a little more at the tops, maybe another two weeks to finish, or some of them, they're all Indica doms, so should finish with in a week of each other, can't wait. Will have to wake up the replacements to fill the flower space, all new varieties to me, and one unknown. So some thing to look forward to, and a bit of intrigue. lol
View attachment 936840

I'm trying a group of five on the next run, just to see if I'm over subscribed in the flower space. I've had 3 plants in a row in a similar shaped space and filled that, so 5 should be a breeze. In the five will be two Zskittlez, one Lemon Amnesia, one Sticky Fingers, and the unknown plant? If you look back, I had a pack of seeds that you had to grow to see which plant you had grown, then match it to the photo on the packet, well only one survived, so don't know which one until it goes into flower, then I can match it's mug shot. lol

And that's it folks, all up to date with what's happening on my patch, keep toking folks.🖖
hey if you aint smoked a bug or two ,you really hadnt smoke,garden looks just fine bro and the reward is close

chemistry

chemistry

Evening tokers and growers, was just looking at the buds on my flowering 6, and the difference in strains is showing quite well now, it's been hard to make them out most of the grow, but you can see the differences now. 😁

First up is the Bubblelicious, quite a nice hit last time I grew it. Meant to be horny gear, in some horror film a couple were smoking it, Poltergeist. 😉
20200203 170021

Next up is a favourite of mine, Juan Herer, don't know it's origin as it was given to me as a seed.
20200203 173642

Next is the Aurora Indica by Nirvana. Always had a soft spot for this strain, so looking forward to smoking this. 🙂
20200203 173700

This strain was popular at one time, Purple Bud by White Label Seeds. We'll see if it fades to purple, I have my doubts. But I'm willing to proved wrong. lol
20200203 173710

And my downfall, the one and only Super Lemon Haze, love this strain, really strong lemon zest taste, makes you feel really lively but two stoned to move, just the way I like it. 😁
20200203 173722

And last but not least, my Gorilla variant, got this given as a seed before Gorilla seeds were made available, so I assume it's been crossed to get it to seed? Don't know, it was a good toke last time I ran it, but I ran it with an Afgani that didn't like the same intake as the other five I grew, so in a vane attempt to keep them all happy, I fed a happy medium. 🤬 Should have sacrificed the Afgani, but I wanted a quarter of black, you live and learn. So this round I put the Gorilla in with some big eaters like it's self, so I'm expecting a better return for my efforts stoned wise. 🙂
20200203 173737

And that's an in depth on my flower space, got some amber trykes forming on the tips of the leaves, so by next week we should drowning in amber trykes. What a lovely thought. lol
Keep tokin folks. 🙂

Bodean

Bodean

Evening tokers and growers, was just looking at the buds on my flowering 6, and the difference in strains is showing quite well now, it's been hard to make them out most of the grow, but you can see the differences now. 😁

First up is the Bubblelicious, quite a nice hit last time I grew it. Meant to be horny gear, in some horror film a couple were smoking it, Poltergeist. 😉
View attachment 937159

Next up is a favourite of mine, Juan Herer, don't know it's origin as it was given to me as a seed.
View attachment 937160

Next is the Aurora Indica by Nirvana. Always had a soft spot for this strain, so looking forward to smoking this. 🙂
View attachment 937161

This strain was popular at one time, Purple Bud by White Label Seeds. We'll see if it fades to purple, I have my doubts. But I'm willing to proved wrong. lol
View attachment 937162

And my downfall, the one and only Super Lemon Haze, love this strain, really strong lemon zest taste, makes you feel really lively but two stoned to move, just the way I like it. 😁
View attachment 937163

And last but not least, my Gorilla variant, got this given as a seed before Gorilla seeds were made available, so I assume it's been crossed to get it to seed? Don't know, it was a good toke last time I ran it, but I ran it with an Afgani that didn't like the same intake as the other five I grew, so in a vane attempt to keep them all happy, I fed a happy medium. 🤬 Should have sacrificed the Afgani, but I wanted a quarter of black, you live and learn. So this round I put the Gorilla in with some big eaters like it's self, so I'm expecting a better return for my efforts stoned wise. 🙂
View attachment 937169

And that's an in depth on my flower space, got some amber trykes forming on the tips of the leaves, so by next week we should drowning in amber trykes. What a lovely thought. lol
Keep tokin folks. 🙂
Everything is looking top notch man. Awesome work. 👍

Srenots

Srenots

View attachment 937159

View attachment 937160

View attachment 937161

View attachment 937162

View attachment 937163

View attachment 937169

Keep tokin folks. 🙂
dam nice man ~

chemistry

chemistry

How's it going tokers and growers, hope your all tiggity boo. We've now watched week 9 walk by, as we move onto week 10, buds are still fattening up, and the flower space smells like a woodland in Spring, lovely. Nothing to report on problems, now just waiting for the remaining white hairs to turn brown and roll up, a few more ambers will have appeared by then, so looking for a week ten finish, but bare in mind these are female plants, so their apt to change their minds. 🙂 This weeks video accompaniment are Supertramp-Crime Of The Century. 🎸
Aurora Indica week 9 of flower.
20200208 183329

Super Lemon Haze, week 9 of flower, still a few white hairs, but it's getting there.
20200208 183519

Juan Herer week 9 of flower.
20200208 183528

Purple Bud week 9 of flower.
20200208 183541

A quick vid of all six plants. 🙂

And that about rounds this weeks update, up. Thanks for looking in, and above all, just keep tokin folks.

chemistry

chemistry

Yo there tokers and growers. We have just finished week 10, we have ambers, but not in the numbers I'm after, so it looks like we're going another week. I quite fancy a Super Lemon Haze fully ambered, it's a spacey hit with a nail you to the spot kind of hit, this round I just fancy a few more ambers on this plant. 🙂 The other plants are around the same amber wise, so all six should benefit from another week, or two. 🙂

The Purple Bud, week 10 of flower.
20200215 174713

Juan Herer week 10 of flower. Still quite a few white hairs present, so another week won't hurt this one.
20200215 174807

Aurora Indica week 10 of flower.
20200215 174818

Bubblelicious week 10 of flower.
20200215 174833

Super Lemon Haze week 10 of flower.
20200215 174844

Gorilla Glue Variant week 10 of flower.
20200215 174856

And that's where we are at, week 11 of flower started yesterday, so we'll see what another week does, hoping for enough ambers, and not a trip into week 12. lol
Keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Yo tokers and growers, not a lot to report, still fancy a few more amber trykes on these plants, don't know why they've slowed so much, it's been cold winded here, you can feel the chill every time you open a door. lol So maybe temps are dropping down to far while the lights are off, but other than that. So it looks like another week in flower is on the cards. Week 11 gone, and here comes week 12. I did a vid so you can see the difference between the strains, all six stand out against each other.

The vid. Background music by the The Wayward Sons, their new track.

And that's all there is on this mini update, have a nice weekend, and keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Yo tokers and growers, hope your all well, all six plants are in flush, so not long now before the flower space gets stripped and painted out, not my favourite job, but it keeps the mites at bay, I'm beginning to wonder if it's the smell of the paint they don't like, but since I started this routine, I've not had mites, and don't really want them. lol The plants have not changed since last week, so no point in another set of plant pics, but as soon as they're hung, I'll post some pix. Will be getting the next run sorted, as they were kept small until they were ready to replace the 6 coming out of flower, but the six that are in over ran buy by a couple of weeks, so they look a bit ruff. 😞 Until then, thanks for following my diary, and hope to see you all next round. Over and out. 🤟

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, it's the weekend, time to chill with your buds and your buddies and recharge. So the plants are now down, got even numbers of ambers and milkies, so should be some good smoking to be had. By next weekend we should be test smoking, can't wait. 😁 Buds won't be at there best until they're cured, but I like to know what I've got to jar, then if it's a bit down on what I need, then it can be passed over to the solid smoke department for rumbling into hash, and some how I think some will be going there anyway, love hash.🙂 I've done a quick vid to show the current state of my flower space, hung plants, cut stems, dead leaves, next time you see it, it should be repainted and all the implements will shine. 😎 And maybe a plant or two will be added, got a busy week next week, so spare time will be quite limited, and this cold weather doesn't help, I get home from work, have some thing to eat, shower, quick bong, and I'm gone, wake up and it's bedtime. lol Roll on the Summer. lol

Music by the one and only Aerosmith. 👌

Next week should see us all jarred up and knowing what I've ended up with, 5 gallons being the record for this space, as it was only built last year, so we'll see if we've upped our game or not. Only running 5 plants this next run, just to see if a bit more space per plant will push us over the 5 gallon harvest, we'll have to see.
That's it for this update, tune in next week to see what we end up with in total, until then, keep tokin folks, and have dapper weekend. 👍

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Morning tokers and growers, it's the weekend, time to chill with your buds and your buddies and recharge. So the plants are now down, got even numbers of ambers and milkies, so should be some good smoking to be had. By next weekend we should be test smoking, can't wait. 😁 Buds won't be at there best until they're cured, but I like to know what I've got to jar, then if it's a bit down on what I need, then it can be passed over to the solid smoke department for rumbling into hash, and some how I think some will be going there anyway, love hash.🙂 I've done a quick vid to show the current state of my flower space, hung plants, cut stems, dead leaves, next time you see it, it should be repainted and all the implements will shine. 😎 And maybe a plant or two will be added, got a busy week next week, so spare time will be quite limited, and this cold weather doesn't help, I get home from work, have some thing to eat, shower, quick bong, and I'm gone, wake up and it's bedtime. lol Roll on the Summer. lol

Music by the one and only Aerosmith. 👌
View attachment 947942

Next week should see us all jarred up and knowing what I've ended up with, 5 gallons being the record for this space, as it was only built last year, so we'll see if we've upped our game or not. Only running 5 plants this next run, just to see if a bit more space per plant will push us over the 5 gallon harvest, we'll have to see.
That's it for this update, tune in next week to see what we end up with in total, until then, keep tokin folks, and have dapper weekend. 👍
BAD ASSSSSS! Love to watch people'z growz!!! I regret not going with super lemon haze. I was going to grow that my 1st attempt.

chemistry

chemistry

BAD ASSSSSS! Love to watch people'z growz!!! I regret not going with super lemon haze. I was going to grow that my 1st attempt.

I've binned the Super Lemon Haze from my grow room to make space for some thing different, but it keeps coming back, love lemon strains. Put a SLH in your next line up, you'll not be disappointed. 👍

Srenots

Srenots

I've binned the Super Lemon Haze from my grow room to make space for some thing different, but it keeps coming back, love lemon strains. Put a SLH in your next line up, you'll not be disappointed. 👍

keeps coming back? lol, good sht rite thar~props on the finish line brother !!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom