Solo Cup Challenge - Inspired by Bean throwing Day

• Thread starter tomatoesarecooltoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yep until you run into a bonsai idiot like me. That's why I asked about the size of the cup way back in the beginning. An 18oz cup's volume is very close to the bonsai containers I use for all of my plants through the 2nd week of flower. I've got a few that will be a year old shortly after the first of the year. Flowering out in something that small is something I've only done a couple of times though and nothing like Od's results. Not by a long shot.
I can sure hang fruit on a tree ... no mater what size ....😉👌

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
@tomatoesarecooltoo what if this was a perpetual thread and we did a winner every month like POTM? Maybe eventually with enough traction THCFarmer would get involved with a prize...? The guys who do PTOM now are amazeballs with that seed giveaway ❤👍

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
@tomatoesarecooltoo what if this was a perpetual thread and we did a winner every month like POTM? Maybe eventually with enough traction THCFarmer would get involved with a prize...? The guys who do PTOM now are amazeballs with that seed giveaway ❤👍
That would be so sick!
We would need a lot of people though.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

We should also do an outdoor one next summer so that everyone has the same amount of light too.

Yeah that would be fun. Outdoor beasts in 5 gals remind me of solo cup grows sometimes.
I gave my wife's granny a sunflower seedling in a solo cup, thinking she would transplant it and she kept it in the cup all the way through summer. It looked like a daisy.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Yeah it could be just for votes on pics too because you know obviously people can fake weight and all that idk. Always prefer fun to "contest" lol

We can mix up the prize structure for this one too, doesn't have to be dry weight. I just got that from the other solo cup threads. We could do all voting with a first and second place or something.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
We can mix up the prize structure for this one too, doesn't have to be dry weight. I just got that from the other solo cup threads. We could do all voting with a first and second place or something.
I think we should only have prizes for frostiness because it's so easy for people to cheat weight. And for frostiness you should have to be able to see that it's on the plant in the solo cup from the picture if that makes sense.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

What if we do just an end date of July 9. Gives everyone enough time for those photo growers and experimentalist. If some finishes sooner just take a photo of the scale result.
7 months is generous, grow time from seed. And I think we‘ll find most people will finish before then.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
What if we do just an end date of July 9. Gives everyone enough time for those photo growers and experimentalist. If some finishes sooner just take a photo of the scale result.
7 months is generous, grow time from seed. And I think we‘ll find most people will finish before then.
7 months is way too much time for a solo cup, you could do 2 in that time.

Top Bottom