Spider Farmer LED Grow

Captainbud

Captainbud

Hi Everyone,

We are Spider Farmer manufacturer, engaged in indoor grow equipments: LED GROW LIGHT, GROW TENT and other grow kits.
We have global warehouse - Located in USA,Canada,Germany,UK,Europe,Australia,Russia, worldwide shipping available.
We have professional team - R&D, production, sales, service. You can order and use our products with complete confidence.

Our main products:

Led Grow Light

SF1000 SF2000 SF4000
  • Samsung LM30lB diodes
  • Meanwell driver
  • Full spectrum with IR
  • Dimmer knob
  • Multi-connect function
  • Energy saving

Indoor Grow Tent
  • 600D thick canvas
  • High reflective mylar
  • Steel frame
  • Removable and waterproof floor tray
  • 5 sizes available

Full Grow Kits
  • SF light and tent
  • Thermo-hygrometer
  • Carbon filter
  • Fan
  • Flue pipe
  • Grow bags, timer, yoyo hangers

Glad to join THCfarmer and meet you all here. Welcome to freely express your opinions about our products or growing below.
Let's learn and grow together!😄
Hello, I’ve been growing outdoors first timer, I need lights for winter growing 6 plants, and 6 seedlings is legal, what would be your lighting suggestion?

Glassdub

Glassdub

How tall where they when you flipped?

I'm still tryin to decide when to flip mine, just put the lights at the top of the tent this morning, need to measure the distance but im estimating around 3 feet
14" I'm on day 14 of flower & my peaks are 22".

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
14" I'm on day 14 of flower & my peaks are 22".

Oh shit really? mine are prolly close to that height too :\ but there only like 36-40 days old I feel like its too soon to flip?

Glassdub

Glassdub

Oh shit really? mine are prolly close to that height too :\ but there only like 36-40 days old I feel like its too soon to flip?
Was going to wait until the 1st of August, glad I didn't I only have a 6' tent.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Was going to wait until the 1st of August, glad I didn't I only have a 6' tent.

Mines i think a lil over 6? i gotta check now rofl..Crap..

Its just a few inches over 6 foot which means where the lights are now im right at 6 feet

which means i have about 3 feet from the lights from my tallest plant atm.

Which means i should prolly flip them soonish like now lol fuck..

P

PurSaveer

I'm an LED newbie. I read up as much as I could before eventually settling on a Spider Farmer SF-4000. I was immediately impressed with the brightness, compared to my 600W HPS or MH. It uses 450 watts at the wall as purchased. Switching abruptly from the MH to Spider Farmer caused major drooping and yellowing almost immediately. After 4 days, the plants showed slight improvement. I had to take my brand new 900 dollar (to my Canadian door) apart to dim it, so I made a bracket and mounted the driver on its side to facilitate access to the screw and maybe help dissipate a little heat.

I ended up getting SF-1000, SF-2000, and also a Mixjoy brand 'equivalent' to the SF-2000. The same diodes and same driver, and a thicker board that didn't flex were selling points. Also, 'dimmable' did not mean taking it apart- and it was cheaper. It's easily as bright as the SF-2000. But here's the thing; the SF-2000 has 606 diodes, and the Mixjoy has 444, IIRC. So the Mixjoy pushes the diodes harder to get the same amount of light with less diodes. Less diodes and potential longevity for less money than Spider Farmer.

I'm not going to bash Spider Farmer, but their communication could certainly stand improvement. I asked very specific questions and got responses from them, but the responses did not answer my very specific questions. I gave up, to be honest. I asked the same questions elsewhere, again with answers, just not answers to what was asked. I'll give a little background and then state the question I can't get a good answer to. The SF-2000 uses 202 watts at the wall. The SF-4000 uses 450 watts. I verified this to be close to right on. The SF-2000 has exactly half the diodes of the SF-4000, which has 1212. The drivers are identical. These are the facts as I know them. My question is: why are the SF-2000 lights rated to flower a 2X4 area, when an SF-4000 is rated to flower a 5X5 area. 2 of the smaller lights would give better versatility and better light spread. Also, I have another concern. Are the diodes in the SF-4000 being over-driven, OR are the diodes in the SF-2000 being under-driven. The disparity defies logic, in my opinion. This was a very important thing for me to know, since I switched to almost all Spider Farmer. Any information I got from Spider Farmer was information freely available, and I'd already read it before my purchases. I did chose to go with more SF-2000 because the intensity in the middle of a 4 1/2'X4 1/2' flower area was too much with the SF-4000.

That's part of my 'story' about the journey into LED lighting. Oh, one last thing. Side by side with a 600W HPS, the SF-4000 kicked its ass.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm an LED newbie. I read up as much as I could before eventually settling on a Spider Farmer SF-4000. I was immediately impressed with the brightness, compared to my 600W HPS or MH. It uses 450 watts at the wall as purchased. Switching abruptly from the MH to Spider Farmer caused major drooping and yellowing almost immediately. After 4 days, the plants showed slight improvement. I had to take my brand new 900 dollar (to my Canadian door) apart to dim it, so I made a bracket and mounted the driver on its side to facilitate access to the screw and maybe help dissipate a little heat.

I ended up getting SF-1000, SF-2000, and also a Mixjoy brand 'equivalent' to the SF-2000. The same diodes and same driver, and a thicker board that didn't flex were selling points. Also, 'dimmable' did not mean taking it apart- and it was cheaper. It's easily as bright as the SF-2000. But here's the thing; the SF-2000 has 606 diodes, and the Mixjoy has 444, IIRC. So the Mixjoy pushes the diodes harder to get the same amount of light with less diodes. Less diodes and potential longevity for less money than Spider Farmer.

I'm not going to bash Spider Farmer, but their communication could certainly stand improvement. I asked very specific questions and got responses from them, but the responses did not answer my very specific questions. I gave up, to be honest. I asked the same questions elsewhere, again with answers, just not answers to what was asked. I'll give a little background and then state the question I can't get a good answer to. The SF-2000 uses 202 watts at the wall. The SF-4000 uses 450 watts. I verified this to be close to right on. The SF-2000 has exactly half the diodes of the SF-4000, which has 1212. The drivers are identical. These are the facts as I know them. My question is: why are the SF-2000 lights rated to flower a 2X4 area, when an SF-4000 is rated to flower a 5X5 area. 2 of the smaller lights would give better versatility and better light spread. Also, I have another concern. Are the diodes in the SF-4000 being over-driven, OR are the diodes in the SF-2000 being under-driven. The disparity defies logic, in my opinion. This was a very important thing for me to know, since I switched to almost all Spider Farmer. Any information I got from Spider Farmer was information freely available, and I'd already read it before my purchases. I did chose to go with more SF-2000 because the intensity in the middle of a 4 1/2'X4 1/2' flower area was too much with the SF-4000.

That's part of my 'story' about the journey into LED lighting. Oh, one last thing. Side by side with a 600W HPS, the SF-4000 kicked its ass.

I guess they drive the 4000 harder to try to get competitive ppf to other 5x5 footprint lights with the cheaper red diodes and the lower bin samsungs.

Maybe it didnt matter in their market research for the 2000 in a 2x4 tent.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I guess they drive the 4000 harder to try to get competitive ppf to other 5x5 footprint lights with the cheaper red diodes and the lower bin samsungs.

The BestVA 4000's I'm using have 700 watts of power, vs the 450 watts from the spider farmer, it's also hitting a wider spectrum, including UV and IR ranges. I've not found another chinese light that comes close to the output of these lights.

The light is hefty though, at 20 lbs, you need to make sure you've got a good anchor to install the light, I actually am using 2 anchor spots with the 4000 series.

Morey77

Morey77

Very happy with my SF 4000. I'll have some ready in a few weeks and I'll let you know the totals.

Anthem

Anthem

The BestVA 4000's I'm using have 700 watts of power, vs the 450 watts from the spider farmer, it's also hitting a wider spectrum, including UV and IR ranges. I've not found another chinese light that comes close to the output of these lights.

The light is hefty though, at 20 lbs, you need to make sure you've got a good anchor to install the light, I actually am using 2 anchor spots with the 4000 series.
Bestva is not truthful in there marketing material. I have already had an issue with their lights and they flat out are dishonest. If the light is truly pulling 690 watts from the wall than they have made some changed but they flat out are dishonest. Anyone that is going to tell you if you change your review we will refund your money and you can keep the light is doing the growing community a huge injustice and their only concern is making money.

Anthem

Anthem

MiMedGrower,
They removed the PPFD average from the webpage for the 4000. They just have the reading at this point.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Bestva is not truthful in there marketing material. I have already had an issue with their lights and they flat out are dishonest. If the light is truly pulling 690 watts from the wall than they have made some changed but they flat out are dishonest. Anyone that is going to tell you if you change your review we will refund your money and you can keep the light is doing the growing community a huge injustice and their only concern is making money.

None of the Chinese manufactures are, period. That's nothing new.
Well let's put them on the meter and see. I'm getting a little less that what the manufacture states, your correct, but it's still far more than what the SF4000's are doing, there more in line with my BestVA 3000's

The top pic is the 4000, and the bottom pic is the 3000. The 4000's actually max out my light meter, it goes to "hi" reading, which indicates an overload for the unit. I've not had any other lights do that besides my double ended HPS units. I'm using a ms6612 mastech light meter (0-200,000lux 0-20,000fc) and it sends it into overload (OL)

IMG 20200728 145238792
IMG 20200728 145106363
Last edited:
matthewearl

matthewearl

Phlizon is Chinese and doesn't lie about their wattage. I use their 3000 series for the cobs and pull exactly what they state they pull. That is why they are the only chinese lights that I am keeping. The 3000 series is devastating. Especially with multiples used to widen the footprint. (by the way I am not talking about using the "equivalent compared to HPS" wattage. They actually list it and it is listed lower than what it pulls) But yes, I do agree many of the lights have fabricated or inflated values to compete against other light brands. Especially in the Amazon realm.

Anthem

Anthem

Phlizon is Chinese and doesn't lie about their wattage. I use their 3000 series for the cobs and pull exactly what they state they pull. That is why they are the only chinese lights that I am keeping. The 3000 series is devastating. Especially with multiples used to widen the footprint. (by the way I am not talking about using the "equivalent compared to HPS" wattage. They actually list it and it is listed lower than what it pulls) But yes, I do agree many of the lights have fabricated or inflated values to compete against other light brands. Especially in the Amazon realm.
Have you put a power meter on the light to confirm what they are stating? I only ask because of 2 things.
#1. There PPFD does not appear to match their chart
#2. A PPFD of 2200 and change is much higher than the big boy lights, Gavita, HLG or Fluence.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Those blurples put out less spectrum and less light per watt than any new samsung equipped light board. And they all have uv and ir now. But the uva led offers is not very good and is not the uvb that increases thc. And the ir diodes on your lamp and the cheap boards are epistar or no name and are not as good or long lasting as osram or even cree like the higher end companies use.

If i pay these rediculous prices for what should cost far less than my top of the line hps reflectors with double wall steel and auto finish and german reflector material and a well built ballast they better last a long time.

matthewearl

matthewearl

Have you put a power meter on the light to confirm what they are stating? I only ask because of 2 things.
#1. There PPFD does not appear to match their chart
#2. A PPFD of 2200 and change is much higher than the big boy lights, Gavita, HLG or Fluence.
I did put a power meter on it. Now I didn't put a ppfd/lumens meter on it as I sold my apogee years ago. Big boy lights eh? I have a fluence spyderx + and a gavita e1700. These are damn good lights. Really good lights. I use them over the cobs in my commercial runs. But to answer your question about ppfd being larger is because it is. By quite a bit. The number you are seeing is center 1x1. All the cobs and led's overlap to create this large value but this makes the efficacy not too great for the alloted (4x4 for flower) recommendation. Most those LED's you mention are bar type with ppfd spread wide to cover more area and give a better par average and consistency. This increases efficacy and lowers center par. The high par value you see listed is actually a marketing ploy and not really beneficial to any grower that knows their salt in lights. But the high value does not mean good...hence the reason I raise this light much higher to lower the center par and give more light to the edges...but I would rather have a higher powered light closer to the canopy with a more even spread. I am more into average par and efficacy. Since when did we grow plants with spotlights? :)

Top Bottom