Spider Farmer LED Grow

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
Sorry, computer isn't my first language. I couldn't figure out how to add text to the photos in a post. The first 3 photos are the kush with early browning under LED at 5 weeks, 2 days. The last photo is blue dream haze on the same day. I'm an LED newbie. Spider Farmer lights seem to cause early maturation compared to HPS. My fear is that this early reddening is limiting the potential of the plants. Maybe the nutrient is too strong?
Hi mate, so sorry to hear that. Could you plz kindly give us more details? so that we can help you figure it out

P

PurSaveer

Spider Farmer, what I would REALLY like you to do to help me is to answer the question I've asked so many times, by email, and on forums. The question is:

Why do 2 SF-2000s that draw 202 watts each cover a 4X4 area, when a single SF-4000 at 450 watts covers a 5X5 area? 2 SF-2000s have the same number of diodes as one SF-4000. Are the SF-2000s being under-driven? Is the SF-4000 being over-driven? Why can't 2 SF-2000s be turned to 225 watts each to perfectly mimic a single SF-4000 in performance, but with better light spread? I just can't get a straight answer to the EXACT questions I asked. They seem simple to me. I'll keep asking.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Spider Farmer, what I would REALLY like you to do to help me is to answer the question I've asked so many times, by email, and on forums. The question is:

Why do 2 SF-2000s that draw 202 watts each cover a 4X4 area, when a single SF-4000 at 450 watts covers a 5X5 area? 2 SF-2000s have the same number of diodes as one SF-4000. Are the SF-2000s being under-driven? Is the SF-4000 being over-driven? Why can't 2 SF-2000s be turned to 225 watts each to perfectly mimic a single SF-4000 in performance, but with better light spread? I just can't get a straight answer to the EXACT questions I asked. They seem simple to me. I'll keep asking.
Not sure if you want me to answer this bit 2sf 2000 is 400w and will do a 4x4 (16sq ft.) but will be slightly underpowered.

Now the sf4000 at 450w will also do a 4x4 and would still be underpowered by a small margin IMO but absolutely doable.

The claim of it covering a 5x5 is an exaggerated claim IMO. I would not recommend the sf4000 for a 5x5 flower (it will work for veg however). IMO it would be well suited to a 4x4

So if I'm interpreting your post right then yes they are simply exaggerating it's capabilities.

P

PurSaveer

Aqua Man, yes you may be right. I'm an LED newbie, so it was hard enough to wade through the 'creative' language to figure out what light does what. But the very important question still remains- are the SF-2000s under-powered at 202W, OR is the SF-4000 overpowered at 450 watts? Anybody using these lights is not well served if the answer to this exact question is un-knowable. I'm shocked that it's this hard to get to the bottom of this, to be honest.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man, yes you may be right. I'm an LED newbie, so it was hard enough to wade through the 'creative' language to figure out what light does what. But the very important question still remains- are the SF-2000s under-powered at 202W, OR is the SF-4000 overpowered at 450 watts? Anybody using these lights is not well served if the answer to this exact question is un-knowable. I'm shocked that it's this hard to get to the bottom of this, to be honest.
Different drivers.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The answer is in manufacturer cost savings. 200 watts for double boards is what their competition (mars) is doing so they can go with less watts for that market and make more money at compettetive prices.

The 4x4 market however has very high powered stiff competition so they upped the wattage driving the boards a bit harder to show a compettetive ppfd average.

it would be overlooked as competition at only 400 watts for a 4x4 these days.

basscaptain

basscaptain

OK the Real Answer is THERE BOTH UNDERPOWER with Diff Driver so there's a diff the bottom Line is there lights will need more then they are saying in flower................................ you can get though veg but there low by a long shot for flower.....

Now this is only my 2 cents worth

P

PurSaveer

See what I mean folks? I just keep coming back to the same place! I don't mean to be uppity, but when I want an answer, I work to get it. I will know the answer- eventually ;) They are identical drivers, I checked and re-checked. SF-4000 has 2. SF-2000 has 1. As I understand it, the longevity of LEDs is determined by heat during operation. I would say that if it is so incredibly difficult to get a straight answer from Spider Farmer on this question, I'm losing faith. Spider Farmer, will you answer my question as asked?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This goes back to what has been said about providing accurate info. The pic shows 2 240w drivers. So that would be 480w. The SF 2000 is 240w. The information they provide is inaccurate all over the place. Hell maybe they don't even use the drivers they claimed m idk.

Screenshot 20200730 170229 comamazonmShopandroidshopping
basscaptain

basscaptain

See what I mean folks? I just keep coming back to the same place! I don't mean to be uppity, but when I want an answer, I work to get it. I will know the answer- eventually ;) They are identical drivers, I checked and re-checked. SF-4000 has 2. SF-2000 has 1. As I understand it, the longevity of LEDs is determined by heat during operation. I would say that if it is so incredibly difficult to get a straight answer from Spider Farmer on this question, I'm losing faith. Spider Farmer, will you answer my question as asked?
ok now your makeing more since to me there's 2 drivers on the 4000

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

so there's more problems coming down the road........................

Dont look at me. I dont buy knock off budget crap made in communist countries. I dont even want it for free.

I wish i had higher ceilings. I would take advantage of the low prices on double ended hps stuff now.

As it is looking for the led market i will take a half step over to cmh before i pay $1000 or more for a quality lamp for a 4x4 footprint.

How can an aluminum sheet and a bunch of plastic diodes and thin guage wire and a computer brick cost so much more than my double walled quality welded steel and glass enclosed with 95% german aluminum reflector material cost so much less. And the ballasts are machined aluminum beauties. Not mass produced computer drivers.

I have always bought “last years” tech for cheaper. 50” samsung smart tv’s are down to $300. Finally we got a nice tv. Lol

basscaptain

basscaptain

This goes back to what has been said about providing accurate info. The pic shows 2 240w drivers. So that would be 480w. The SF 2000 is 240w. The information they provide is inaccurate all over the place. Hell maybe they don't even use the drivers they claimed m idk.
Ya I don't think I need this ...... I need lights but I'll be fighting these guys the whole way....................

basscaptain

basscaptain

I would like the answer also so I'll do a plus 1 also

Latest posts

Top Bottom