Spider Farmer LED Grow

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I still can't see them being worth the double sized price tag though, I can't see them being THAT much better.
What double sized price tag... Lol here. HLG vs SF almost the same price and HLG provides 150w more with better components, customer service and warranty IMO.

Did I mention 150w more for the same price? Did I mention hlg heatsink is double the size of SF. SF is charging prices of a much better quality light by providing a lot of misinformation. Imo kingbright is the budget light.

HLG 600w can run at max 660w $758.99

Spider farmer 450w $749.26

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Looki
Dont look at me. I dont buy knock off budget crap made in communist countries. I dont even want it for free.

I wish i had higher ceilings. I would take advantage of the low prices on double ended hps stuff now.

As it is looking for the led market i will take a half step over to cmh before i pay $1000 or more for a quality lamp for a 4x4 footprint.

How can an aluminum sheet and a bunch of plastic diodes and thin guage wire and a computer brick cost so much more than my double walled quality welded steel and glass enclosed with 95% german aluminum reflector material cost so much less. And the ballasts are machined aluminum beauties. Not mass produced computer drivers.

I have always bought “last years” tech for cheaper. 50” samsung smart tv’s are down to $300. Finally we got a nice tv. Lol
looking into a decent priced cmh315 to supplement at the ceiling level. Any recommendations. Thanks MiMed

Anthem

Anthem

What double sized price tag... Lol here. HLG vs SF almost the same price and HLG provides 150w more with better components, customer service and warranty IMO.

Did I mention 150w more for the same price? Did I mention hlg heatsink is double the size of SF. SF is charging prices of a much better quality light by providing a lot of misinformation. Imo kingbright is the budget light.

That is crazy, HLG is such better quality and US company. Someone would be crazy to buy one of those POS Spider Farmers over HLG.

Anthem

Anthem

Aqua Man did SF use to publish the PPDF before ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thats with the tent package. The light is 559.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looki

looking into a decent priced cmh315 to supplement at the ceiling level. Any recommendations. Thanks MiMed

I have a sun system galaxy ballast and a remote vertical reflector thats nice. Not as nice as the original all in one unit with the phillips ballast though. They have higher end 95% reflector material. Mine has the chinese 85% reflective. But the temote ballast is nice.

I have never used any other. Growers house has good prices on sun system reflectors with their prism ballasts.

The phillips 3100k is the bulb with the highest tested par and best spectrum according to university of utah when i bought mine.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I see a lot of LED growers not utilizing their lights correctly. Quantum LED lights really need to be run in a scrog configuration to be effective. You can grow in a traditional manner but you’re losing lots of energy to gaps and holes.

The trick is to have a flat and even canopy where you utilize the short throw of the LEDs to spread out the energy. These are best suited for rack type grows where you are stacking 2-3 tiers on top of one another vertically. But they can also be used in small tents and grow rooms provided you utilize the spread correctly. Yield will certainly go up when using them this way. I just finished a grow of Lucky Charms F2 (by Useful Seeds) and yielded over 2 grams per watt. 431 grams from 209 watts (kill-a-watt metered) in a 2x4’ flowering footprint. Not too shabby imo.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I see a lot of LED growers not utilizing their lights correctly. Quantum LED lights really need to be run in a scrog configuration to be effective. You can grow in a traditional manner but you’re losing lots of energy to gaps and holes.

The trick is to have a flat and even canopy where you utilize the short throw of the LEDs to spread out the energy. These are best suited for rack type grows where you are stacking 2-3 tiers on top of one another vertically. But they can also be used in small tents and grow rooms provided you utilize the spread correctly. Yield will certainly go up when using them this way. I just finished a grow of Lucky Charms F2 (by Useful Seeds) and yielded over 2 grams per watt. 431 grams from 209 watts (kill-a-watt metered) in a 2x4’ flowering footprint. Not too shabby imo.
Also SOG. Which I would be doing or scrog if I wasn't hunting for a mother and want to see the plant structures.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

Such great info. Thanks brotha.

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter

The price of SF4000 is 559.99 ^-^

P

PurSaveer

Spider Farmer, what I would REALLY like you to do to help me is to answer the question I've asked so many times, by email, and on forums. The question is:

Why do 2 SF-2000s that draw 202 watts each cover a 4X4 area, when a single SF-4000 at 450 watts covers a 5X5 area? 2 SF-2000s have the same number of diodes as one SF-4000. Are the SF-2000s being under-driven? Is the SF-4000 being over-driven? Why can't 2 SF-2000s be turned to 225 watts each to perfectly mimic a single SF-4000 in performance, but with better light spread? I just can't get a straight answer to the EXACT questions I asked. They seem simple to me. I'll keep asking.
SPIDER FARMER seems to have missed my question, so I'll ask it again. Forgive me if I keep asking the same question over and over again until Spider Farmer answers it AS ASKED.

Top Bottom