Spider Farmer LED Grow

basscaptain

basscaptain

Dont look at me. I dont buy knock off budget crap made in communist countries. I dont even want it for free.

I wish i had higher ceilings. I would take advantage of the low prices on double ended hps stuff now.

As it is looking for the led market i will take a half step over to cmh before i pay $1000 or more for a quality lamp for a 4x4 footprint.

How can an aluminum sheet and a bunch of plastic diodes and thin guage wire and a computer brick cost so much more than my double walled quality welded steel and glass enclosed with 95% german aluminum reflector material cost so much less. And the ballasts are machined aluminum beauties. Not mass produced computer drivers.

I have always bought β€œlast years” tech for cheaper. 50” samsung smart tv’s are down to $300. Finally we got a nice tv. Lol
see I know this guy that knows a guy that can fix the ceiling problems........

I still like my King Brites πŸ˜‡πŸ€“πŸ˜Ž

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ya I don't think I need this ...... I need lights but I'll be fighting these guys the whole way....................
They can absolutely grow great plants. I would run them less that full power because they don't have great heatsinks. My issue is the amount of inaccurate info they provide.

Hell I would grow with em if I needed a budget light and if they were cheaper than kingbright.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

See what I mean folks? I just keep coming back to the same place! I don't mean to be uppity, but when I want an answer, I work to get it. I will know the answer- eventually ;) They are identical drivers, I checked and re-checked. SF-4000 has 2. SF-2000 has 1. As I understand it, the longevity of LEDs is determined by heat during operation. I would say that if it is so incredibly difficult to get a straight answer from Spider Farmer on this question, I'm losing faith. Spider Farmer, will you answer my question as asked?

When vetting a company if its this hard to get a straight answer the company did not pass even initial lookover in my opinion.

I didnt get past their website description.

You can only get what you pay for. And rhere should be no doubts about lighting. Real lighting companies are very informative. Electricians need to know the real specs.

China has no branding, patent or advertising regulations to follow.

basscaptain

basscaptain

They can absolutely grow great plants. I would run them less that full power because they don't have great heatsinks. My issue is the amount of inaccurate info they provide.

Hell I would grow with em if I needed a budget light and if they were cheaper than kingbright.
there Not so they have a Big problem.....

bro there HLG $$$$$

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They cost the same as many higher power options with good red diodes.

P

PurSaveer

Aqua Man, funny story: I ordered The Meijhi version of the SF-2000, branded Mixjoy. Same diodes-check. Same driver- check. Same (or greater) output-check. Cheaper, AND with a thicker heat sink- check. Then when I get it I compare the number of diodes. 25% less diodes for 25% less :(
It's funny when they call these 'budget' lights. I need a bigger budget :)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man, funny story: I ordered The Meijhi version of the SF-2000, branded Mixjoy. Same diodes-check. Same driver- check. Same (or greater) output-check. Cheaper, AND with a thicker heat sink- check. Then when I get it I compare the number of diodes. 25% less diodes for 25% less :(
It's funny when they call these 'budget' lights. I need a bigger budget :)
Well budget is a polite term I use. Again I'm not gonna say they can't grow great plants because they can but there are trade offs (another polite term) 😁

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That's what I grow with. I agree SF overpriced for the quality compared to HLG and others it's not even close IMO that and HLG provides very accurate info and has great customer service and much much better quality.

And free shipping from Home Depot here. But i still think 7-800 per light is a highly inflated greedy number.

P

PurSaveer

Yes. I was having major problems 'keepin' on keepin' on with HPS and MH. Finally I went LED. When I saw the extreme improvement with the SF-4000, I went all in with Spider Farmer, except for the one Mixjoy light. I've now ordered pairs of 5V X-box USB fans and a USB hub. I plan to put legs on the fans and use them blowing upwards, by just standing them over the drivers.

Even though these lights are advertised as having dimming knobs, the old stock has not been depleted. They are now advertising lights with knobs, and Amazon sends lights with no knobs. The only option is to send the light back. Spider Farmer won't issue a credit. I tried.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

tell you what let me get on my feet.... you get on yours save some $$ for materials.. I'll come up for 2wks and fix your place..... we will work something out for labor payment plan when you got it....

if you can wait a yr.....

I dont think we need to raise my roof although i might take you up on that just to meet you and offer you a little vacation and get some help with some stuff i do need.

You would sure like the fishing up here. Small and big lake and river fishing. The steelhead salmon run right up our river. Fly fisherman always around when we take kayak trips. We have plenty of kayaks in the family to use.

basscaptain

basscaptain

I dont think we need to raise my roof although i might take you up on that just to meet you and offer you a little vacation and get some help with some stuff i do need.

You would sure like the fishing up here. Small and big lake and river fishing. The steelhead salmon run right up our river. Fly fisherman always around when we take kayak trips. We have plenty of kayaks in the family to use.
get a big list of honey do things them i'll give 2wks.................... get insulation in that place what ever...........

Glassdub

Glassdub

That's what I grow with. I agree SF overpriced for the quality compared to HLG and others it's not even close IMO that and HLG provides very accurate info and has great customer service and much much better quality.
I still can't see them being worth the double sized price tag though, I can't see them being THAT much better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom