Spider Farmer LED Grow

P

PurSaveer

Thank you Spider Farmer. Now we are getting closer to my point. If 2 SF-2000s are better than 1 SF-4000, that's the way to go for light distribution, in my newbie opinion. With my limited LED quantum board experience, I see no advantage in using a SF-4000, but disadvantages seem obvious. All the heat generated by the SF-4000 is concentrated in a small area. The light distribution for a 5X5 area is less than ideal, in my opinion. Since the SF-4000 is more suited to a 4X4 situation, 2 SF-2000s in that same situation would seem a better choice for a few reasons.

I just got some little USB fans and a hub to help the drivers keep cooler.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Im using 2x SF-4000 lights in a room with a small 0.5HP window AC and everything is running great, will post some pics when lights come on later 😎
I have seen some monster grows under sf-4000. If they gave me one for free I’d run it. I’m content with my timbers Cobs as of now. Got some more on the way. Happy grows.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
4 HLG QB132 + SF-2000 in 5 x 5. Ballasts are outside. Everything is going well. Using autopots (perlite + hydroton). I found out that SF is good for flowering but it is too bright for veg.
Oh did you not dim the lights down for veg period ? Od .

Glassdub

Glassdub

Hello, SF2000 can be adjusted to 250W at most. Using two SF2000 in a 5x5 tent is better than one SF4000, so the light will be more evenly distributed. Hope this can help you.
Thank you Spider Farmer. Now we are getting closer to my point. If 2 SF-2000s are better than 1 SF-4000, that's the way to go for light distribution, in my newbie opinion. With my limited LED quantum board experience, I see no advantage in using a SF-4000, but disadvantages seem obvious. All the heat generated by the SF-4000 is concentrated in a small area. The light distribution for a 5X5 area is less than ideal, in my opinion. Since the SF-4000 is more suited to a 4X4 situation, 2 SF-2000s in that same situation would seem a better choice for a few reasons.

I just got some little USB fans and a hub to help the drivers keep cooler.
Both my SF2000s are at full (default on the first dimmerless version) & Is currently pulling 321.3 from the wall, I will have to check if I nicked the dimmer on the one when I get home but I know for sure that the max per unit is 210W so unless there is some (magic?) way to overdrive...
🤔

Screenshot 2020 08 05 07 30 19161

Glassdub

Glassdub

BTW, I real struggle to keep the tent under 80F now in flower I have to open/vent during lights on to get it to the 70's (usually high) at this point.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

will these run in series and has there been any testing done in regards to how much more heat this control box will add or how much it will affect the price? i feel like these lights are really good for their price point and they perform well enough i suppose. however they are at the top end of the Q board pricing right behind HLG and a few others. so i guess my question is how will SF compete with other lights that already offer these options and have a larger footprint in the cannabis market? in other words, if you add even 40 or 50 bucks to a SF 1000 and you might as well jump up a tier and grab a better overall light. i have tried to not drop names as i'm not here to bash SF or anyone for that matter, but rather to be a voice of guidance for others i hope. i enjoy the idea of being able to call a company and say hey you forgot my ratchet straps or how the hell do i do this? which begs the question why should i as the consumer than not choose the other lights that already have the needed functions, meets or exceeds all my needs and only cost a small bag of smoke more? so you for you new guys and gals out there looking to blow that loot on lights or upgrade, buy the best you can the 1st time. i failed to do that, and regret it, that is all.
Very well Said my good sir .

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

all these words are ruining my morning dab & coffee sess.. here's a shot of Dr.Grinspoon i have going right now. i popped 3 beans and killed 2 being super fucking high. i'm not sure i didn't drink one when it was in a glass of water? one of them got tossed after i had transplanted it to soil and i was cleaning my veg tent and i tossed the wrong red solo and that bean and tap root went bye bye, which leaves us with one. these have a long ass flower cycle so i'm letting her do here thing with only some lolly popping around the bottom. i also let it stretch too much but have it all tied up so it's cool for another couple months.
That Dr Grinspoon looks great. Not like a lot of those bract/ false caylux crap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom