Spider Farmer LED Grow

Anthem

Anthem

NO, the one where they said they were not.
I feel for you dude. It totally sucks but what does it matter what they said and when? The fact that they are tied to Meizhi pretty much means their quality is now in question. I do not know if you are aware of this but somewhere there are posts about Meizhi lights causing house fires. Sorry but it is what it is at this time. Maybe you can return the lights.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Where was that quote again?

I dont know. And dont care. Just the sf website was enough to turn me off it has so much exagerated marketing and misinformation. I told you I deleted his emails where he told me after i researched the company.

I still think for the money you made the right decision to match the other light you already had. Longevity is your only concern at this point.

Anthem

Anthem

Funny that nobody does this (at least that I'm aware of).
To note the light panel is no cool thing even w/o the driver.
Fluence ships all of the spyder 2i lights with a cord for mounting the light on the fixture or remotely. Is this what you were referring to?

Glassdub

Glassdub

Fluence ships all of the spyder 2i lights with a cord for mounting the light on the fixture or remotely. Is this what you were referring to?
If I was to go in that price range I would probably choose HLG & they do offer non soldered power connectors which I think i mentioned.

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
To all, we are the Spider Farmer, an independent brand. We hope our high quaility items can help all farmers to have a great harvest. It is our original goal. So if you have any questions about our product, we will collect them carefully, and send them to our engineers. Thank you in here.

SillyLillyBell

SillyLillyBell

Hello Spider Farmer - I was wondering about your Wattage to Driver ability.

You are claiming your SF2000 - have 2000 watts of output using an XLG-240-H-48 as the accompanying Meanwell Driver.

However, doesn't the 240 in the serial number mean your output can only max out at 240W?

I could be completely misunderstanding things, but I am pretty sure based on the Meanwell website (I was looking at previously using their drivers for a different project) it only has a maximum of 240W Constant Power

I believe the same thing would be true with your other models, as far as what you are advertising to new growers not being COMPLETELY truthful. Don't get me wrong, your product looks great and is around the right price, but it looks like most of the other Ebay sellers list their watts properly, as to not be deceptive.

I also wanted to know if you sell lights with only the Meanwell XLG driver - do you happen to offer the meanwell-HLG model (where there is a constant current) or are possibly looking at that for your lights in the future?

Thanks so much.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

You are claiming your SF2000 - have 2000 watts of output using an XLG-240-H-48 as the accompanying Meanwell Driver.

However, doesn't the 240 in the serial number mean your output can only max out at 240W?

I could be completely misunderstanding things, but I am pretty sure based on the Meanwell website (I was looking at previously using their drivers for a different project) it only has a maximum of 240W Constant Power

View attachment 1015525

I believe the same thing would be true with your other models, as far as what you are advertising to new growers not being COMPLETELY truthful. Don't get me wrong, your product looks great and is around the right price, but it looks like most of the other Ebay sellers list their watts properly, as to not be deceptive.

I also wanted to know if you sell lights with only the Meanwell XLG driver - do you happen to offer the meanwell-HLG model (where there is a constant current) or are possibly looking at that for your lights in the future?

Thanks so much.
“2000w hid equivalent” is their marketing gimmick. Not sure the true wattage but closer to 200-220w from the wall.

matthewearl

matthewearl

View attachment 1015525

Thanks so much.
Not to white knight SF but nowhere on their website does it say it is 2000W. When I did buy the light a while back I always knew it was not 2000W. They may have used the model number to suggest an HID equivalent (which almost all non-American companies do) but they never state in specs or details that it is 2000W or even equivalent. In a matter of fact, they have images in the description making fun of other companies wattage posting with low efficacy ratings claiming higher wattage as a marketing gimmick. This is one reason why I bought SF from the beginning. Inexpensive, good quality, honest light.

Also since I have no friends, vote for me Bud of the Month...please. :) Actually with SF lights.
IMG 1606
IMG 1615

Last edited:
SillyLillyBell

SillyLillyBell

I am sorry but I feel it is deceiving then because the name of their listings say 1000W, or 2000W or 4000W.

And the joke they have on it.. while definitely funny... is EXACTLY what Spider Farmer are DOING! since the joke reads "Light Listing Title 1000W" (vs what you get).

They are listing 1000W on their Light Title, but you are only getting 100W based on the driver selection! Is that not EXACTLY what they are making fun of in the cartoon?

Cheers - SillyLilly

Not to white knight SF but nowhere on their website does it say it is 2000W. When I did buy the light a while back I always knew it was not 2000W. They may have used the model number to suggest an HID equivalent (which almost all non-American companies do) but they never state in specs or details that it is 2000W or even equivalent. In a matter of fact, they have images in the description making fun of other companies wattage posting with low efficacy ratings claiming higher wattage as a marketing gimmick. This is one reason why I bought SF from the beginning. Inexpensive, good quality, honest light.

Also since I have no friends, vote for me Bud of the Month...please. :) Actually with SF lights.
View attachment 1015537View attachment 1015538

SillyLillyBell

SillyLillyBell

“2000w hid equivalent” is their marketing gimmick. Not sure the true wattage but closer to 200-220w from the wall.

That is definitely what I was thinking based on the driver specifications. Thanks so much! I still think I am leaning towards the Meanwell HLG driver though.

matthewearl

matthewearl

I am sorry but I feel it is deceiving then because the name of their listings say 1000W, or 2000W or 4000W.

View attachment 1015540

And the joke they have on it.. while definitely funny... is EXACTLY what Spider Farmer are DOING! since the joke reads "Light Listing Title 1000W" (vs what you get).

They are listing 1000W on their Light Title, but you are only getting 100W based on the driver selection! Is that not EXACTLY what they are making fun of in the cartoon?

View attachment 1015541

Is this not EXACTLY what SF are doing?

Cheers - SillyLilly

Cheers Mate. It was slightly decieving because the name of their listings say 2000W. And the joke they have on it.. while definitely funny... Also goes against them.. since the joke reads "Light Listing Title 1000W" (vs what you get). Which is Exactly what they have in their title on their ebay listings: See below
Yeah but that isn't their official webpage. Or that is not where I bought it from, If it is their account on ebay or something they should fix that title. Meanwell drivers are good drivers. I do agree with you on what you saw.

P

PurSaveer

Hmm. The claim of being a 1000 watt light was not made by Spider Farmer. The SF-2000 was never claimed to be the equivalent of 2000W HID. The post above specifically shows that the SF-2000 is claimed (again, not by Spider Farmer) to replace a 500W HID. Spider Farmer claims that the light can veg a 3'X4' area. This is true. Spider Farmer claims that the SF-2000 can flower a 2'X4' area- which is also true. I don't know how or why various snippets of 'info' have been strung together to create an impression that is not in agreement with known facts. I'm saying it nicely.

I've only been here a short time, but I'm quite disappointed. The forums are clogged up with newbies asking ridiculous questions, people promoting specific agendas, while those of us that are asking very good and urgent questions are lost in the noise. Meanwhile, the issue of spider mites is discussed daily in thread after thread after thread. Isn't there an article that could be referred to? Why not? Is the problem too uncommon to deserve an article? I've asked questions about light levels, questions about kush, tried to buy seeds through the site, and tried to learn more about the nutrients I use- with disappointing results. I'm a team player. I like to ask questions in class. I like to participate, help others, and ask for help when I need it. This team is so big the good players are lost in the noise, and anybody that can (or can't) type is allowed on the team. Even a 5 dollar paywall could reduce the 'interference'. I don't see that sticking it out will benefit me. I'm going to try a forum that has resources besides 'lore', starting with Jorge Cervantes forum. I know the schools are closed, but do ALL the kids have to come here? I need better, sorry.

Aussietokka

Aussietokka

I

Any info on what I should set dimmer at for all stages? I know the light has adjustable power, What strength for seedlings, veg and flower?

Unfortunately I brought my sf1000 prior to this new release model having external dimmer switch but these units have dimmer built into the meanwell driver, anyways it comes out factory at 95w. Put it on my watt meter and up it to 105w think they blank out at 110-115w. I’ve left it at 105w for all stages.
My lights fixed at hyest height & I move the plant up/down to suite and find that sweet spot.
seeding was around 30
Veg at 20
Flowering (now) main colas are at 8-10

but all in all pretty darn happy with this sf1000 it replaced my viparspectra v600, I was sus at first if it was going to replace a 600w led with a 100w led had me scratching my head, however the plants took to the light like white on rice. They loved it good colour healthy vibrant plants. 18/6 for 6-7weeks then 12/12 to force flowering for 7weeks now it’s at 10/14 giving a longer downtime for trichome production.
ive got about 3-4 days left now before harvest, probably have the weekend as final 48hrs dark time, harvest Sunday night.

Bonus is my viparspectra now doubles as a reptile lamp.
Photos are special kush & northern lights
NL pulled 222grams wet probably end up with 2-3oz is the plant on the right, kush is left back.
Still have special kush going but should yield close to 250-300gram or about 3oz cured.
Not too bad for my 2nd grow or 1st grow under the sf1000.
spider farmer is good product 🤷🏻‍♂️ Why I didn’t make the change sooner. As these sf run a hell of a lot cooler then Viparspectra led did. At least 5 degree. that’s great for us au 🇦🇺 Growers in our hot climate...

128B09F9 58D1 4D19 B30B AD36A4AA26F6
5AF9427A 1857 49E3 A214 496E04FC4243
04C61D9B 4CE4 4E40 A46E 40B25B5A07C1
F2150899 6F05 4A1F 89BF 7408D02CAACE
Last edited:
Top Bottom