Spider Farmer LED Grow

Glassdub

Glassdub

What brand are the far red and uv diodes? And why lower than industry standard wattage? Might as well pay half and order kingbrite. Get more weed that way.
Thought about it, wanted the, likely worthless, security blanket of a > 1 year warranty, so it goes... 🤷‍♂️

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
What brand are the far red and uv diodes? And why lower than industry standard wattage? Might as well pay half and order kingbrite. Get more weed that way.
Some of us just want cheapo lights that grow nice flowers...

It's just rude to come to their thread so your opinion can be heard. You already have a huge platform and presence on this site. Using that to rail against a company that you have admitted to trying to make a deal with in the past sounds like sour grapes to me. At the very least it's really bad forum etiquette imo.

But thanks for stopping by!!! 👋

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thought about it, wanted the, likely worthless, security blanket of a > 1 year warranty, so it goes... 🤷‍♂️

It will grow plenty of weed. I am curious how long they last under continuous use.

Just aren't cheaper than hlg. And that makes no sense. They have a 450 watt lamp for $600. But hlg has a better lamp with 650 watts for $800. No deal at spider farmer. Just overpriced and over hyped.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Some of us just want cheapo lights that grow nice flowers...

It's just rude to come to their thread so your opinion can be heard. You already have a huge platform and presence on this site. Using that to rail against a company that you have admitted to trying to make a deal with in the past sounds like sour grapes to me. At the very least it's really bad forum etiquette imo.

But thanks for stopping by!!! 👋

They cost about the same per watt as HLG.

Sorry try again.

I ask these sellers where they are from when they solicit me to advertise for them and it takes at least 3 emails before they even admit it. Have some freakin’ pride in your company at least.

Glassdub

Glassdub

It will grow plenty of weed. I am curious how long they last under continuous use.

Just aren't cheaper than hlg. And that makes no sense. They have a 450 watt lamp for $600. But hlg has a better lamp with 650 watts for $800. No deal at spider farmer. Just overpriced and over hyped.
If I went for hlg I would probably opt for the big boy +grand Diablo, if I ever get there, right now I got 3+ grand of bills & some damp weed curing so first things first...

Glassdub

Glassdub

Looked like they one uped again since I last looked... 😄

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looked like they one uped again since I last looked... 😄

I still like timber best. Now they have a strip lamp too for the vertically challenged.

I am waiting. All too expensive for what they offer in my opinion. At least the cheap chinese lights will help bring prices down.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
You know what? You make more and more sense to me. Either you're a good influence or I'm being corrupted or something... I've read thread after thread after thread re: LEDs. And I've been WAY hesitant to give up my T5HOs because at least I know what they do. Went over the GD and checked out grows that used another cheap chinese thing... Viparspectra P2000. I saw plenty of crunchy frosted nugs being grown under the things.

So I bought one. And then I found my old UFO blurples. And I hung those to either side of it. May as well increase the red output even if it is shit. And then I liked how much better the stuff did under the LED setup v the T5HOs. HUGE difference in output. So the flowering T5's were added to the veg space.

The second P2000 is being delivered this afternoon and my flowering space is going to be even brighter. Funny thing is I hear a bunch of talk about heat from these things but my Sunblaze 2 x 4 T5 fixtures are MUCH hotter than the LED fixtures. With respect to how SF has been handling this promotion? It's freaking sad. I was hoping for a bunch of awesome info instead of disproven hype. Kind of weird that they would want grower attention if they weren't willing to back up the bullshit.
Just because the OP is a company it doesn't mean it's cool to disrespect them in their thread. It's just trolling really. You would post less too if every time you did, the same heavily followed and respected members talked shit about you in YOUR OWN THREAD!!!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just because the OP is a company it doesn't mean it's cool to disrespect them in their thread. It's just trolling really. You would post less too if every time you did, the same heavily followed and respected members talked shit about you in YOUR OWN THREAD!!!

When the poster or company is honest and informed it doesnt happen.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I choose spider farmer over the HLG 100 because the SF1000 had a dimmer. Otherwise I was rather indifferent after my mountains of research. Very glad with my decision, that dimmer is imperative in my set-up.

All those drivers have a dimmer just not an external knob. Its worth $10-$30 and a couple wires.

The good ir diodes are worth a lot more.

I know guys with 5 year old hlg boards running fine. I guess in 4 years we will know if these are still ok.

The cheap dimmer is marketing more than value.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If my info is incorrect i apologize but if correct why is this thread any different than any other for correct information? Do we want hype over facts on thc farmer?

I sure hope not or i have wasted a lot of time posting here.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
If my info is incorrect i apologize but if correct why is this thread any different than any other for correct information? Do we want hype over facts on thc farmer?

I sure hope not or i have wasted a lot of time posting here.
No one here asked you for your info...you came back with that "cheap" and "desperate" comment and you're just bullying them over minute details about diodes. This is a great thread for people who ACTUALLY MAY HAVE their lights and REAL experience with them they can share with others.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No one here asked you for your info...you came back with that "cheap" and "desperate" comment and you're just bullying them over minute details about diodes. This is a great thread for people who ACTUALLY MAY HAVE their lights and REAL experience with them they can share with others.

Diodes are the main part of led lighting. They are hardly a “minute” detail. They determine the overall cost of the lamp you get for your money. The cheaper circuit board and solder is another “minute” detail you may want to consider.

And you are starting to yell in caps. Lol.

Im just discussing and answering direct comments now.

Do you have pertinent info to share?

I want to save money on a light too. But these conpanies dont offer relevant or even accurate info. So how does one comparison shop?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Diodes are the main part of led lighting. They are hardly a “minute” detail. They determine the overall cost of the lamp you get for your money. The cheaper circuit board and solder is another “minute” detail you may want to consider.

I want to save money on a light too. But these conpanies dont offer relevant or even accurate info. So how does one comparison shop?
By buying them and trying them.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter

"these companies "...?

Top Bottom