Spider Farmer LED Grow

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
Harvest lol

74 2

Highdesert420

Highdesert420

I’ve found the sf2000 by itself in a 2x4 tent produces almost no heat. The tent was completely sealed with no ventilation. I went with a led light to save power and it was kind of pointless because my tent doesn’t get warm enough without additional heat using just the sf2000. I’d have to ad a small heater to maintain around 80 degrees. I’m pretty sure a small heater and this led will end up using more power than an HID set up. If I’d gone with a HID my tent temps would probably be ideal without having to do anything except change the air a few times a day with a cheap in-line fan. Also I could vent the expelled air from a hid set up into my tiny house and save on running the heater. It is in winter but the daytime temps here are usually 50-60s in the winter. In the hottest part of the day with the sf2000 light at 80% my tent maxed out at 65 degrees. As soon as the sun set and the temp started to drop. So did the temp in the tent. There was like a 5-10 degree difference from the air outside using this sf2000 in a sealed tent at 80% power. I hear people say one of the draws of these is that they require less power to maintain a proper temp. I’m not finding that to be true for my situation because any power savings over an hid set up is being offset by the extra money I need to keep the tent temp maintained using a heater. Just wanted to mention this for anyone wondering about the heat output the sf2000 produces.

Highdesert420

Highdesert420

I’ve found the sf2000 by itself in a 2x4 tent produces almost no heat. The tent was completely sealed with no ventilation. I went with a led light to save power and it was kind of pointless because my tent doesn’t get warm enough without additional heat using just the sf2000. I’d have to ad a small heater to maintain around 80 degrees. I’m pretty sure a small heater and this led will end up using more power than an HID set up. If I’d gone with a HID my tent temps would probably be ideal without having to do anything except change the air a few times a day with a cheap in-line fan. Also I could vent the expelled air from a hid set up into my tiny house and save on running the heater. It is in winter but the daytime temps here are usually 50-60s in the winter. In the hottest part of the day with the sf2000 light at 80% my tent maxed out at 65 degrees. As soon as the sun set and the temp started to drop. So did the temp in the tent. There was like a 5-10 degree difference from the air outside using this sf2000 in a sealed tent at 80% power. I hear people say one of the draws of these is that they require less power to maintain a proper temp. I’m not finding that to be true for my situation because any power savings over an hid set up is being offset by the extra money I need to keep the tent temp maintained using a heater. Just wanted to mention this for anyone wondering about the heat output the sf2000 produces.

Just wanted to specify about my post. I only mentioned the lack of heat from my sf2000 because while reading this thread I see so many people saying heats an issue. Probably helps to clarify some info about the grow situation too. In my situation I had planned on growing in a room that didn’t have a lot of insulation and didn’t receive much heat. I thought the cooler temps of the room with the heat produced by the sf2000 would be a suitable temp for growing but the light just doesn’t make hardly any heat in the tent where I have it now. That’s with zero ventilation and all the flaps closed. I know I have one of the newer models because it has the external dimmer. It seems like a few people earlier in the thread said the older models had thinner heatsinks so maybe the new thicker ones work better. Anyways, I’m not bashing the light by any means. It came very well packaged and looks great out of the box. I just had to make some tweaks to my set up before I can turn it on and see it in action. I’m looking forward to trying it. I’m actually glad to find out it puts off way less heat than I expected.

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
Just wanted to specify about my post. I only mentioned the lack of heat from my sf2000 because while reading this thread I see so many people saying heats an issue. Probably helps to clarify some info about the grow situation too. In my situation I had planned on growing in a room that didn’t have a lot of insulation and didn’t receive much heat. I thought the cooler temps of the room with the heat produced by the sf2000 would be a suitable temp for growing but the light just doesn’t make hardly any heat in the tent where I have it now. That’s with zero ventilation and all the flaps closed. I know I have one of the newer models because it has the external dimmer. It seems like a few people earlier in the thread said the older models had thinner heatsinks so maybe the new thicker ones work better. Anyways, I’m not bashing the light by any means. It came very well packaged and looks great out of the box. I just had to make some tweaks to my set up before I can turn it on and see it in action. I’m looking forward to trying it. I’m actually glad to find out it puts off way less heat than I expected.
The temperature of the natural environment, the temperature of the room will affect the temperature of the lamp, everyone has the right to his own opinion. Just exchanging ideas lol

Bbonez

Bbonez

Might as well pay half and order kingbrite.

I been looking at kingbright and after shipping they are only about $25 cheaper than the SF4000.

So price isn't a difference maker, how many diodes on the 4000? The comparable KB has 6 288 boards for a total of 1728.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I been looking at kingbright and after shipping they are only about $25 cheaper than the SF4000.

So price isn't a difference maker, how many diodes on the 4000? The comparable KB has 6 288 boards for a total of 1728.

im sorry i dont know. I dont trust any of the budget imports. I was grouping them together.

for the $100-200 difference i would go with an HLG kit for board lights.

I am still staying with my hps lamps for now. The bar lights are better for my low ceilings and are still too expensive imo.

HarryHood

HarryHood

OD- that looks incredible! especially the last picture of the structure on the lower part of the plant. sick!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
OD- that looks incredible! especially the last picture of the structure on the lower part of the plant. sick!
Thanks H I’m really enjoying the grow with the spider farmer lights not being a light wizard at all of any stretch of the imagination, just happy I switched over from HPS , MH , last season never have my crops been this good and grown this fast . I’m not saying it’s just the light but it’s 75% of the equation I’m the 25% so I’m gold at 100% regards Od .

Latest posts

Top Bottom