Spider Farmer LED Grow

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
do you have documentation supporting your failure to grow with spider farmer lights? Receipts, photos, threads, anything of the sorts in the matter? Just wondering.
If I was growing 1 plant I’m sure it’d be fine. I got sucked into the gimmick but $160 is no biggy. The beginning of my diary I was using it and ended up purchasing a kingbrite for cheaper. IMO I’d recommend a kingbrite 240w over the 92w sf1000 any day of the week. I use it for veg/seedlings. Back to the post I replied to. That growth is crazy for 10 days and I don’t believe it one bit.

Tlegacy

Tlegacy

Man if this is what a SF can do. Shit imagine what a high end LED can do.
Haha. Maybe SF is shit to you guys, I must have my beer goggles on looking at my buds cause I’m in love. I’d love to try another higher end light that will get me better results.

Tlegacy

Tlegacy

Cool. Nice plants. I’m smoking this sour d as we speak. I am in week six day three in flower w/ sf4000 with 3 other plants that are even taller than this 5 and a half indoor footer.. This shit smokes better than anything I’ve experienced. It’s a little early but these buds got so heavy they fell so I just dried em out I’ve been drying them for 4 days and this smokes better than my dispensary buds and it’s not even done.
All organic, no salt fertilizer at all.
No flush necessary on this girl.
I do have a grow diary that you can check out.

28E3D0E2 1BBA 45CC 9D9C 41C4E2B0730E
C32411E4 3835 4598 9E3E 53F702CA30A2
94F968F3 D142 48E5 B512 D89E4DC92AB6
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I gave you options of what I was willing to do and all you guys wanted to do was put a sf1000 in a 2x2 tent and run it..... well that's bs..................Really

You gotta start somewhere with them is my idea.. I'll test the SF1000 Gotta establish a relationship of trust before there gonna bust out the big toys.

basscaptain

basscaptain

You gotta start somewhere with them is my idea.. I'll test the SF1000 Gotta establish a relationship of trust before there gonna bust out the big toys.
understand and I Hope they work with you and you all have a good run.......and trust me I understand there side also...............Just saying they NEED to watch what they do cause this can make or break them.............................................................

the best thing they could do is let a few guys that have a clue run there stuff there way and make the company and there lights look good..... Nit try and make people run a light that will never get the Job Done.....................

again just my 2 cents worth and I'll stop in to see how you do........

I was here when OZgray started to buy there lights.....I almost got 1 for my 2x2 to veg with and stayed away for a reason...................

but he is right there price point is right where you can spend 20 more and get better....... there going to have to walk a fine line here to make it work......

hell I almost emailed them last night again and said send 1 and I'll run it for them.... But I can't get involved...... it would not be fair to them since I don't have my shit together......

Good Luck ................................

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
The way i look at it, They asked me to TEST and REVIEW a light, I want this to be a FAIR review for people who really are tight with $$ and very small grow box or closet space ideally with this light 1 plant..

So good or bad, They will see what this light will do, the consumer whos going to be spending there budget on a light NEEDS the truth.. The numbers being put out by most of if not all of them are inflated, so good bad or ugly win loose or draw there light will be showcased for anyone who wants to see it.

If its a bad experience and bad example then they need to change there lights to better suit the end grower..

There price point imho is too high for what your getting, I think they need to lower there price ALOT.. but thats me..

But my point .. There going to get an honest test and review because thats what they asked for, So its going to be a learning lesson for us all i think :D

basscaptain

basscaptain

Rofl have a great day capt!!!!
Since you run Mar's also ..... If I'm not around when you get this run done...... email me Please and let me know What You Really think of the 2.... I would like to know what you think of both side by side......
tks Kirk

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Since you run Mar's also ..... If I'm not around when you get this run done...... email me Please and let me know What You Really think of the 2.... I would like to know what you think of both side by side......
tks Kirk

Absolutely will keep you posted my dood I have yer email :D:D

basscaptain

basscaptain

Yeah there heat sinks are really a problem.... here's my king brights there not even a year old.... and you can see where my heat sinks already discolored from the Heat so I really don't know what Spyder Farms whole idea is going to be for the Heat.... either it's going to kill the driver or it's going to kill the diodes unless they do something I have my my drivers off by QB boards they don't even have that option there's just so many little things they've got a long way to go in my opinion

But again just my 2 cents worth....

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
Yeah there heat sinks are really a problem.... here's my king brights there not even a year old.... and you can see where my heat sinks already discolored from the Heat so I really don't know what Spyder Farms whole idea is going to be for the Heat.... either it's going to kill the driver or it's going to kill the diodes unless they do something I have my my drivers off by QB boards they don't even have that option there's just so many little things they've got a long way to go in my opinion

But again just my 2 cents worth....
i sold 4 SF 1000's and put that into good lights like i should have the first day i introduced myself and the guys around here tried their best to steer me clear of these but i failed to listen and wanted to save money. look how that savings worked out for me.

basscaptain

basscaptain

i sold 4 SF 1000's and put that into good lights like i should have the first day i introduced myself and the guys around here tried their best to steer me clear of these but i failed to listen and wanted to save money. look how that savings worked out for me.
Thanks you made me laugh it's been a long time....... Man I remember you and your room... it will just take a night I'll do it during lights out.....................LMFAO love you ozg...😂😎

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ok I'm going to make only one statement that is only my opinion.

SF and kingbrite fill a budget option gap in the market.

Imo I agree with @basscaptain about the heat sinks. This can be mitigated by buying a larger fixture and running at a lower wattage.

Imo they lack third party testing, proper heat sinks and overall transparency with accurate information for consumers. This is the reason they are cheaper than others that have third party verified results and certifications that show accurate information on the quality of parts and performance.

SF lights will absolutely grow some good bud and I would have no issue running them myself.

Are they a miracle light... Nope

Are they capable of growing great bud... Yes.

Are the components of lesser quality than the big boys... Yes but that's where your saving money. You get what you pay for.

Imo SF, mars and kingbrite are all guilty of misinformation and that hurts their reputation. But are a good budget option over many other absolutely trash lights on Amazon. But don't kid yourself that the info and quality are the same as the big boys.

May I add that the mars and spider farmer have the same too blue veg spectrum regardless of their saying they use the same diodes.

No where near the needed red spike for best flowering like say r spec red like HLG.

And they exaggerate the coverage by a lot.

And the reps should be educated about their lights and never can answer even the most basic questions.

Take it from a 20 year career sales manager/trainer. They do not earn our business.

At least we get to see more low wattage noob grows and a link to spider farmer on every thread like when mars was here.

I would consider doing a side by side with a SF 4000 against one of my 600 hps. At about 450 watts the led lamp should blow the hps away. But i think it will not. Low quality red diodes and way too much energy into blue spectrum.

But when i explained my setup to the rep he offered me less light than i veg with now with flourescents to test.

That doesnt help him or me.

Tlegacy

Tlegacy

May I add that the mars and spider farmer have the same too blue veg spectrum regardless of their saying they use the same diodes.

No where near the needed red spike for best flowering like say r spec red like HLG.

And they exaggerate the coverage by a lot.

And the reps should be educated about their lights and never can answer even the most basic questions.

Take it from a 20 year career sales manager/trainer. They do not earn our business.

At least we get to see more low wattage noob grows and a link to spider farmer on every thread like when mars was here.

I would consider doing a side by side with a SF 4000 against one of my 600 hps. At about 450 watts the led lamp should blow the hps away. But i think it will not. Low quality red diodes and way too much energy into blue spectrum.

But when i explained my setup to the rep he offered me less light than i veg with now with flourescents to test.

That doesnt help him or me.
There is still more research to be done with flowering, thc, terpene levels to make such a claim that red or blue lights increase yields or thc.

there are a lot of claims on here with all “hear say” but no real comparisons or legitimate backing. With documentation, Just saying. I’m not completely convinced yet.

Michael Dixon, Director of Environmental Control Research at Guelph says: “We have found that the optimal LED spectral recipe changes with every strain of cannabis.”

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There is still more research to be done with flowering, thc, terpene levels to make such a claim that red or blue lights increase yields or thc.

there are a lot of claims on here with all “hear say” but no real comparisons or legitimate backing. With documentation, Just saying. I’m not completely convinced yet.

Michael Dixon, Director of Environmental Control Research at Guelph says: “We have found that the optimal LED spectral recipe changes with every strain of cannabis.”
I beg to differ. Plenty of studies to show that. You may find some good info on spectrum for your knowledge here. I encourage you to follow up on the corresponding studies that are cited.

Top Bottom