Spider Farmer LED Grow

Glassdub

Glassdub

My bad, I moved the lights yesterday to take pics & nicked the new light to 80%
Plus upon thinking about it I had dimmed SF2000 mach #1 to 200W when I first got it to save $$$ & forgot, close to 60 senility be damned.
Full throttle now.
Thanks for the reminder. 👍

Screenshot 2020 08 05 09 23 39

Legit 257.7W per panel from wall.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Do you play chess? Oh, sorry I see your avatar. I could figure out where the dimmer is. It is too bright for vegging. I d better use extensive blue 460nm
Maybe, but I used mine from seedling & all veg at 200W w/o too much damage.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
May be it is my strain. May be it is a weather. Could be some magic from haters or bad vibration of my ex. ))) Anyway I found out that if you buy that blurple with a VEG / BLOOM switch and just go with blue, plants love that light more than qb
I agree, I'm certainly interested in this thread, but for now, I'm thinking my lights have the advantage. Would be interesting to see what I come up with this next round compared to what's going on here.

My real concern about these lights is twofold, the penetration (weaker diodes) and the absence of any UV light, which I think helps maximize oil production. Or am I possibly mistaken, and these boards have uv?

Personally, I would like try some of the boards with the better LM301H diodes pared with UV and IR

PE (μmol/J)
LM301HMid-power
(25℃, 65mA, 5000K, CRI80)
3.0 x 3.00.563.10

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
My comments about turning down the light how could that be bs and I'm pretty sure chess is a game .but anyway you Americans now it all .
Or think we do. It's pretty sad actually the amount of ignorance I see among my countrymen. Without an open mind, people can't learn crap. At minimum, one must be open to the possibility of being wrong about things, or change (and growth) isn't possible.

Hubris, Arrogance is what's killing this country.

matthewearl

matthewearl

My comments about turning down the light how could that be bs and I'm pretty sure chess is a game .but anyway you Americans now it all .
Bro don't dump this American into that group. Please stop generalizing. I don't do that with my Aussie or Kiwi friends. I think chess is a game as much as you. According to his logic, EVERYTHING you do grows your brain. :)

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Bro don't dump this American into that group. Please stop generalizing. I don't do that with my Aussie or Kiwi friends. I think chess is a game as much as you. According to his logic, EVERYTHING you do grows your brain. :)
Yes your right I apologize for that comment to all Americans it was very narrow minded of this Aussie .regards one drop .

matthewearl

matthewearl

Yes your right I apologize for that comment to all Americans it was very narrow minded of this Aussie .regards one drop .
Brother no problem. I know you meant well, and in normal situations I would agree with you, but it's just that right now in our country, beliefs are totally divided and the media does not portray much of what most Americans really believe. I can see where it is easy to get that "image" from. I have thick skin, I just wish most Americans were like that. It would prevent many unnecessary conflicts, but I digress as this is a whole other topic for a whole other platform. I really really really don't want to be dumped into some of these American tropes or stereotypes. They embarrass me as an American. I love Spider Farmer forums. This is where the action is. "If it ain't their lights, it's the fights".

Glassdub

Glassdub

May be it is my strain. May be it is a weather. Could be some magic from haters or bad vibration of my ex. ))) Anyway I found out that if you buy that blurple with a VEG / BLOOM switch and just go with blue, plants love that light more than qb
Next time I'm planning to start on T5 & move to dimmed SF2000 when things take off, I did have a rough start this time & vegged for close to double the usual to catch up but I've been attributing this mostly to wrong feeding.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Or think we do. It's pretty sad actually the amount of ignorance I see among my countrymen. Without an open mind, people can't learn crap. At minimum, one must be open to the possibility of being wrong about things, or change (and growth) isn't possible.

Hubris, Arrogance is what's killing this country.

I know nothing rhbfpk

😂

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’ve got the SF-2000 board on the way to me now so I’ll post some updates when it arrives.

For me the biggest contributing factors in a good quantum board led setup is in this order: light spread, efficiency (vs heat output), color temp, profile and overall features. I will touch on all these factors when I put it through it’s paces.

I do like the fact that SF uses mixed color temp LEDs vs one single temp. The addition of far red leds is also great. I’m looking forward to testing this rig out and will post accordingly.

Kudos to SF for stepping up to the plate!

Poordirt

Poordirt

I got the spider farmer to try I have been running cheap ass crx sunny cobs the “1800w” you can not beat the price but each light draws 330 at the wall , I’m running 2 so 660w per 4x4 and they do really well , time will tell tho I am super super happy with the ?485 this sf4000 runs and the way everything’s looking under it , I also got some of the bloom plus QB’s from amazon so I will be doing a side by side comparison to see how they do compared to the spider, the bloom plus are a 150w and a 300w covering a 4x4 pretty close in wattage

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
I’ve got the SF-2000 board on the way to me now so I’ll post some updates when it arrives.

For me the biggest contributing factors in a good quantum board led setup is in this order: light spread, efficiency (vs heat output), color temp, profile and overall features. I will touch on all these factors when I put it through it’s paces.

I do like the fact that SF uses mixed color temp LEDs vs one single temp. The addition of far red leds is also great. I’m looking forward to testing this rig out and will post accordingly.

Kudos to SF for stepping up to the plate!
Thanks a bunch!!!

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
I got the spider farmer to try I have been running cheap ass crx sunny cobs the “1800w” you can not beat the price but each light draws 330 at the wall , I’m running 2 so 660w per 4x4 and they do really well , time will tell tho I am super super happy with the ?485 this sf4000 runs and the way everything’s looking under it , I also got some of the bloom plus QB’s from amazon so I will be doing a side by side comparison to see how they do compared to the spider, the bloom plus are a 150w and a 300w covering a 4x4 pretty close in wattage
Trust us, Spider Farmer is a good choice lol

Top Bottom