Spider Farmer LED Grow

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

I got the spider farmer to try I have been running cheap ass crx sunny cobs the “1800w” you can not beat the price but each light draws 330 at the wall , I’m running 2 so 660w per 4x4 and they do really well , time will tell tho I am super super happy with the ?485 this sf4000 runs and the way everything’s looking under it , I also got some of the bloom plus QB’s from amazon so I will be doing a side by side comparison to see how they do compared to the spider, the bloom plus are a 150w and a 300w covering a 4x4 pretty close in wattage
Let us know how those Bloomplus work out for you.

Massive

Massive

Hi Everyone,

We are Spider Farmer manufacturer, engaged in indoor grow equipments: LED GROW LIGHT, GROW TENT and other grow kits.
We have global warehouse - Located in USA,Canada,Germany,UK,Europe,Australia,Russia, worldwide shipping available.
We have professional team - R&D, production, sales, service. You can order and use our products with complete confidence.

Our main products:

Led Grow Light

SF1000 SF2000 SF4000
  • Samsung LM30lB diodes
  • Meanwell driver
  • Full spectrum with IR
  • Dimmer knob
  • Multi-connect function
  • Energy saving

Indoor Grow Tent
  • 600D thick canvas
  • High reflective mylar
  • Steel frame
  • Removable and waterproof floor tray
  • 5 sizes available

Full Grow Kits
  • SF light and tent
  • Thermo-hygrometer
  • Carbon filter
  • Fan
  • Flue pipe
  • Grow bags, timer, yoyo hangers

Glad to join THCfarmer and meet you all here. Welcome to freely express your opinions about our products or growing below.
Let's learn and grow together!😄
Hi,
Welcome! I’m very impressed with your lights, and I’ve been trying to purchase 2 SF2000 lights on your website, but at checkout it says you can’t deliver to my location. I live in St. Thomas, U. S. Virgin Islands. Can that issue be rectified? Or is there another way that I can purchase them? Appreciate your thoughts on this.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
SF-2000 just arrived. Great packaging. Very impressed with the quality of the fixture so far. Haven’t had a chance to fire it up yet but I will say the initial quality seems to be top notch. It includes a nice little instruction booklet that details the dimming aspects and other features.

Stand Out Features:
- Packaging - The packaging would survive even the toughest shipping conditions and keep the fixture protected.
- Intitial Quality - Besides the packaging the fixture itself is well presented. The dinner is attached to the top side of the board and the meanwell power supply is attached right next to it. A cord is included for multi unit dimming which is a nice touch.
- LED Spread and Spacing - This is an important factor for me due to the type of growing I do. Quantum LEDs are best suited for SCRoG type growing. The fact that the leds are evenly spaced across the entire fixture is fantastic and it’s about time. Prior to this to get an even spread the only option was bar type led fixtures.
- Fit & Finish - The boards themselves look great. Very professionally assembled with clean solder joints and evenly spaced diodes. The top of the PCB is glossy and looks great.

This being said the true test will come once it’s fired up and I put it through it’s paces. However my instincts tell me this is going to perform just fine. Compared to my HLG 260XL v2 this light just feels nicer. No assembly required just plug and play. The HLG took about 15-20 minutes to assemble and has exposed wires which seems tacky. This light fixture on the other hand just feels like it’s worth the money.

Don’t get me wrong the HLG has served me well for the past couple years and it’s hard to complain about it but this unit feels like they wanted to make a better package and they did.

Dollar for dollar and apples to apples I feel most if not all would be happier with the spider farmer fixture vs the HLG Quantum board kits. For the money you’re better off going with spider farmer.

I’ll post some pics when I get a chance so you can see the quality I’m referring to before putting it to use. Stay tuned.

Full disclosureI bought the HLG with my own money. The spider farmer unit was given to me to test and post a review of. That however does not change my perspective or sway my opinion one way or the other.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Here are some photos I’ve taken of the spider farmer fixture that arrived this afternoon. The full color instruction booklet was a nice touch.

The led boards have a glossy feel to them which I can only assume helps make it water resistant. Which is huge because I’m a notorious foliar feeder early on in flowering.

2502E84C 7A91 4105 9352 9CED7BBE4DE3
964C172A 9217 4F28 9A89 0491A5F8E42E
262A9FA9 DF22 49DD 9AB2 B9FB511407A2
9D82A333 6AF3 4D2F BF0C 8DD16203D99B
2A77E869 78A5 49D9 ADB8 DD2969C5BBE0
3C939908 2078 4702 840F 4DFB36093934
8C94E7F3 14FF 43D6 9F46 61C099F535A5
60B02E15 4E3C 4C8A B282 890C5A86A581
D257BA0B 27E6 4D42 BFB9 7711FD914B1B
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Here’s the HLG 260XL v2 fixture. As you can see there’s a wire running across the heatsink on the bottom and loose wires on top. This is the stuff they give you when you order an unassembled kit. The small square thing in the middle is my growmau5 far red led puck. It’s of course not part of the fixture I just attached it there as it was the easiest way of installing it.

03C97455 EE21 4BAF 95D5 3630AA519D5D
67E14B9D AE23 4FFE A9F1 5C1A8339D414
6B07B417 0435 44B6 B11B FAD5C104F8B4
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm really fighting the heat with 2 SF2000 at full throttle now though, just sayin'.

The only down side I can see to this setup is the lack of a proper heat sink to help with heat. However the HLG setup I have puts off so little heat a heatsink might not be needed on a setup like this using the same diodes.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That is the thinnest cheapest heat sink you can get. With the cheap supplemental diodes and low bin likely unmatched samsung diodes long life was not a priority.

Nice marketing though. Except for lying about their affiliation with Meihzi.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Here’s a few more pics of the HLG fixture with the lights off. You can see the loose wires a little better. The HLG boards don’t feel as glossy as the spider farmer boards. I’ve also noticed the spider farmer boards are wider than the HLG which is another gripe of mine they’ve managed to solve.

The leds on the HLG are in a much tighter configuration. In fact I have noticed it creates hot spots due to this and I’ve turned the power down to compensate for it. By spreading the LEDs out you get a more even light spread across the canopy so that’s one area I think the spider farmer will accel in comparison to the HLG.

67DC788E 3EC4 4B02 BC2C 803DE41A42A6
BB33C828 E25B 48F0 947E 8A60E467B32C
ED39E59C 0701 4F68 AFB6 D4B2E341B2A7
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
That is the thinnest cheapest heat sink you can get. With the cheap supplemental diodes and low bin likely unmatched samsung diodes long life was not a priority.

Nice marketing though. Except for lying about their affiliation with Meihzi.

I don’t think you need a thick heatsink. I run a commercial 4x4 light as well and the LED boards do not have any heat sinks on it. It pulls 690w from the wall and has the same led configuration this spider farmer fixture does. Meaning a mix of 3000k, 5000k and Far Red. The infrared leds I’m not sure of to be honest. I don’t think those are needed and may be a relic of the burple lights that were popular a few years ago to help with leaf temps. I’ll post my results as they unfold.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I don’t think you need a thick heatsink. I run a commercial 4x4 light as well and the LED boards do not have any heat sinks on it. It pulls 690w from the wall and has the same led configuration this spider farmer fixture does. Meaning a mix of 3000k, 5000k and Far Red. The infrared leds I’m not sure of to be honest. I don’t think those are needed and may be a relic of the burple lights that were popular a few years ago to help with leaf temps. I’ll post my results as they unfold.

Heat determines the life and degradation of the diodes.

And the far red and ir are proven to increase plant growth and yield by the university of utah.

And you cant compare a top bin matched samsung diode board with osram reds to the spider farmer with undisclosed brand reds. Maybe their are epistar and they dont want to admit it.

And you could have cleaned up the wiring when you assembled the hlg kit.

For under $200 more max i would buy hlg no question.

And if i ask hlg a question i get an honest and experienced answer.

Spider farmer not so much. ;-)

And i am surprised you would help such a company.

lilnew

lilnew

IMO after talking to led experts. regardless of what type of led wether its in quantam boards or strip form..it will need heat sinks n i'm talkin about proper heat sinks or else the diode wont be performing properly/ decrease life span but needless to say, there are growers that did product results with spider farmer so i'm guessing different strokes for different folks?

P

PurSaveer

I got a couple of these, taped them together, and set them on top of the fixture aimed at the SF-2000 driver. It dropped the temperature of the driver by about 15 degrees Fahrenheit.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Heat determines the life and degradation of the diodes.

And the far red and ir are proven to increase plant growth and yield by the university of utah.

And you cant compare a top bin matched samsung diode board with osram reds to the spider farmer with undisclosed brand reds. Maybe their are epistar and they dont want to admit it.

And you could have cleaned up the wiring when you assembled the hlg kit.

For under $200 more max i would buy hlg no question.

And if i ask hlg a question i get an honest and experienced answer.

Spider farmer not so much. ;-)

And i am surprised you would help such a company.

Clean up the wiring? What are you talking about? This is the best I can see doing and I’ve been doing component level electronics and surface mount soldering for over 25 years.

They have you running the wires through the board which I’ve reinforced with electrical tape and heat shrink tubing to ensure the thin wires they provide you with do not frey and short out.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
First of all it’s not recommended to run quantum LEDs at full power as that decreases the life span of them. Secondly you can always relocate the driver outside the grow space if needed to help lower the temps. A heat sink on the driver is unnecessary imo.

lilnew

lilnew

First of all it’s not recommended to run quantum LEDs at full power as that decreases the life span of them. Secondly you can always relocate the driver outside the grow space if needed to help lower the temps. A heat sink on the driver is unnecessary imo.
running driver outside of the grow safe will definitely help with the heat but it's not ideal for large grow ops. but if you enjoy the spider farmer then that's all it matters no? it doesn't really matter what anyone else is saying

Top Bottom