Spider Farmer (LED): what are you epxeriences?

• Thread starter pvandevelde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

SF lights are excellent. Not sure if they are using AS good of components as HLG but I’m sure it’s not too far off. HLG are wayyyy overpriced and you’re not getting anything different in the eyes of the plant. Photons are photons. The spectrum is there, including IR and UV. If an IR or UV diode goes out it wouldn’t make the light not work. It would still work the same lol. HLG components are all made in China too, probably same place SF components are made.
My 100w hlgs cost less than spider farmer. And if there is ever a problem, you can return it to the store for same day refund/exchange.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The 100w SF is $89.99 and the HLG is $149.99 how is that cheaper?
Hey just for giggles in this debate on Amazon go to grow lights and click the highest price tab.....fkin hundred dollar lights are going for thousands if you're dumb enough I guess....

growsince79

growsince79

Judging by the way things have been going and have been run with their latest giveaway,
I think I'll avoid spiderfarmer 🤣🤣

Unless they give me a free light,then I might try it
At the time I bought hlg, sf was having lots of warranty and customer service issues. Buyers were spending $160 for a light then spending $60+ for shipping and repair charges then waiting weeks to get the light back. I may have paid a little more, but I'm happy with the lights and if they break. I get a new one the same day.

D

D_G

At the time I bought hlg, sf was having lots of warranty and customer service issues. Buyers were spending $160 for a light then spending $60+ for shipping and repair charges then waiting weeks to get the light back. I may have paid a little more, but I'm happy with the lights and if they break. I get a new one the same day.
Wait what? This is exactly what I want to avoid. How long ago was this?

C

Christos1974

Hi,

I just ordered the "Upgrade SE7000 730W LED Grow Light Samsung LM301B Diodes 8 Cool bars"

But I read some bad reviews about spider farmer.

Who has bad experiences with their led lights?

And their customer service?

Am I fucked?

Thanks
I have an sf2000, it's an excellent full spectrum light for my 2x2.5 tent for a good price.
Here's a video by Migro that may interest you

Moshmen

Moshmen

SF lights are excellent. Not sure if they are using AS good of components as HLG but I’m sure it’s not too far off. HLG are wayyyy overpriced and you’re not getting anything different in the eyes of the plant. Photons are photons. The spectrum is there, including IR and UV. If an IR or UV diode goes out it wouldn’t make the light not work. It would still work the same lol. HLG components are all made in China too, probably same place SF components are made.
Ok I I have sf, mars, hlg, kingbrites - sf are decent lights imo, the statement here that they give the plants the same as the hlg is false in my opinion- a gain all these lights grow bud but I’ve got to say with no disrespect to our sponsor! Spiderfarmer - the hlg is far superior

SSgrower

SSgrower

My choice looks like Phlizon FD 4500 LED with Samsung diodes, best bang for my buck @amazon/prime 450 w 2.9 umol covers a 5x5. $399.00 it's a good company. SS

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

I think I am going to buy a kit in a month to build my own LED "rack"... I don't really need the light, but, it would be nice to put one together to see how they work, so that when or if issues arise with my SF4000's I can fix it my damn self.

Besides, the ability to "Fix lights" I think is going to become quite the business here in NY in coming months/years...... Maybe it's wishful thinking but either way, the ability to know what's going on with your LED light and why it's on the fritz would provide pretty large benefits and reduce costs in the long run, I would think/hope/speculate.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ok I I have sf, mars, hlg, kingbrites - sf are decent lights imo, the statement here that they give the plants the same as the hlg is false in my opinion- a gain all these lights grow bud but I’ve got to say with no disrespect to our sponsor! Spiderfarmer - the hlg is far superior
Oh sure now I read this...I just ordered another SE3000 with discounts it came to $407 cdn delivered price.....no shipping no tax....not sure how they get away with that but its good for me....Amazon price comes in at $525 delivered......including $65 tax......

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Oh sure now I read this...I just ordered another SE3000 with discounts it came to $407 cdn delivered price.....no shipping no tax....not sure how they get away with that but its good for me....Amazon price comes in at $525 delivered......including $65 tax......

We're in the same boat, I didn't know HLG existed and everything I read was on Spiderfarmer. So... Spiderfarmer was the choice I made.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
We're in the same boat, I didn't know HLG existed and everything I read was on Spiderfarmer. So... Spiderfarmer was the choice I made.
I know they work and the support has been good....I think I can now turf my 1000w hps ( strike that ) (store away ) the led lights haven't proved to me yet they'll have durability & last. After them sponsoring me with two of their lights I think it would be a slap in the face to buy elsewhere. I gifted the SF1000 they gave me to a old friend that's going to try growing indoors with it for the first time. Grow the world over with indoor led lights...the more the merrier Thanks Spiderfarmer for the opportunity to test your lights.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I know they work and the support has been good....I think I can now turf my 1000w hps ( strike that ) (store away ) the led lights haven't proved to me yet they'll have durability & last. After them sponsoring me with two of their lights I think it would be a slap in the face to buy elsewhere. I gifted the SF1000 they gave me to a old friend that's going to try growing indoors with it for the first time. Grow the world over with indoor led lights...the more the merrier Thanks Spiderfarmer for the opportunity to test your lights.
And the sf will grow quality bud ! A lot of us have done it - and you just got a good set of morals up there! I don’t think you will be disappointed at all

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

My choice looks like Phlizon FD 4500 LED with Samsung diodes, best bang for my buck @amazon/prime 450 w 2.9 umol covers a 5x5. $399.00 it's a good company. SS
No one talks about them. They make a good light. I have one for veg. Bar style. UL approved. They also make lights for other companies that charge more.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Good information, I researched for 2 weeks before I made a choice. Lot's of companies out there. I tried a "budget" light with 2 Viparspectra 450w. But they can't deliver the yield I am looking for, as I grew two dank plants this run, so dank I made $275.00 and had to hoard the rest for my usage,Lol. If this new light will increase my yield I may brake even on my $900.00 plus investment so far. Cheers SS

GoblinSmasher

GoblinSmasher

Good information, I researched for 2 weeks before I made a choice. Lot's of companies out there. I tried a "budget" light with 2 Viparspectra 450w. But they can't deliver the yield I am looking for, as I grew two dank plants this run, so dank I made $275.00 and had to hoard the rest for my usage,Lol. If this new light will increase my yield I may brake even on my $900.00 plus investment so far. Cheers SS

Very nice. Street prices here are more close to 20usd for 1 gram. No matter if its weed or hash, good or bad.

So in those cases it even pays off more. For those dealing with steep prices

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I think I am going to buy a kit in a month to build my own LED "rack"... I don't really need the light, but, it would be nice to put one together to see how they work, so that when or if issues arise with my SF4000's I can fix it my damn self.

Besides, the ability to "Fix lights" I think is going to become quite the business here in NY in coming months/years...... Maybe it's wishful thinking but either way, the ability to know what's going on with your LED light and why it's on the fritz would provide pretty large benefits and reduce costs in the long run, I would think/hope/speculate.
Well, there's not actually much that can be fixed on these boards/bars. The LED's themselves are embedded in the pcb and would be difficult to replace a single burnt LED at home. The good thing is most of the grow lights are modular in construction. A driver fails, replace the driver. An led burns out, replace the bar or board. Fortunately, this has not happened to me yet. All 10 of my grow lights are still working as they should.

E

ET12SECOND

Quality Drivers, Quality LED's as well as a good solid frame. To many lights are cheaply built. They are built with thin Aluminum... They may run Samsung diodes and Meanwell drivers but look at the whole picture. Its not much more to get a light with the above mentioned parts and some serious Aluminum bars for heatsinks and frames. Basically a Aluminum trailer hitch frame LOLOLOL Use Great mechanical and Electrical components and you are golden. I prefer using 80/20 extrusions for lightbars and the frame.

Latest posts

Top Bottom