Spider Farmer SF1000 LED Grow!

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hahaha yep I thought the same thing ......

I will answer again. I turned them down for being dishonest when i had to plug their company to get a free light (that wasnt big enough to teplace what i was already using) but with no obligation i will take one for free and give it to a needy grower.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
One of these days, someone needs to grow 4 clones in 4 different 2x2 tents in the same environment and under an sf1000, hlg100, 100w hps and viparspectra p1000. Then we'll finally end this once and for all.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

One of these days, someone needs to grow 4 clones in 4 different 2x2 tents in the same environment and under an sf1000, hlg100, 100w hps and viparspectra p1000. Then we'll finally end this once and for all.

No they will all be in the same range for the same wattage and diode type. But which one will last the advertised 10 year diode life span? And how easy will the warranty go if they fail? And what sort of company do you want to support? And if price is the issue spider farmer is the most expensive of the “budget” lights.

And there are literally 1000 other copies out there. If you want to buy a chinese copy lamp shen zen factory (ali baba) is the best deal by far and you can get custom quotes and real info if you ask.

And members here got replacement boards very quickly when they failed. Which is a lot more common than i thought.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
No they will all be in the same range for the same wattage and diode type. But which one will last the advertised 10 year diode life span? And how easy will the warranty go if they fail? And what sort of company do you want to support? And if price is the issue spider farmer is the most expensive of the “budget” lights.

And there are literally 1000 other copies out there. If you want to buy a chinese copy lamp shen zen factory (ali baba) is the best deal by far and you can get custom quotes and real info if you ask.

And members here got replacement boards very quickly when they failed. Which is a lot more common than i thought.
That's not true.
You can have a 75w light that has 200 diodes and another light with the same 200 diodes that runs at 125w. The higher the amperage, the brighter the light but the less efficient it is. Then there are the heat sinks, diodes are more efficient when cooler so lights with better heat transfer will run more efficiently. Some lights have different spectrums of lm301b, some lights have lm561c...
There's so much to consider.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That's not true.
You can have a 75w light that has 200 diodes and another light with the same 200 diodes that runs at 125w. The higher the amperage, the brighter the light but the less efficient it is. Then there are the heat sinks, diodes are more efficient when cooler so lights with better heat transfer will run more efficiently. Some lights have different spectrums of lm301b, some lights have lm561c...

if you get specific hlg has the best parts and statistics. Also they guarantee top bin and matched diodes and actually engineer their boards to give the best spread and penetration and have this tested professionally unlike the fake stats on the other company websites.

And if you want the best efficiency or power you can easily diy whatever you want through cob kits or digikey or the like.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
if you get specific hlg has the best parts and statistics. Also they guarantee top bin and matched diodes and actually engineer their boards to give the best spread and penetration and have this tested professionally unlike the fake stats on the other company websites.

And if you want the best efficiency or power you can easily diy whatever you want through cob kits or digikey or the like.
How can a qb be engineered for the best spread? Perfect spread would require equal distance between diodes and the diodes would have to go all the way to the walls of the tent. Without making a huge qb with diodes spread apart perfectly, strip lights do the best for coverage. None of the lights I mentioned have anything near the uniformity that strip lights have.

Anthem

Anthem

That's not true.
Please read the post before you make a comment about being not true. He stated the amperage and such.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Please read the post before you make a comment about being not true. He stated the amperage and such.
They all have the same wattage but different numbers of diodes.

Anthem

Anthem

How can a qb be engineered for the best spread? Perfect spread would require equal distance between diodes and the diodes would have to go all the way to the walls of the tent. Without making a huge qb with diodes spread apart perfectly, strip lights do the best for coverage. None of the lights I mentioned have anything near the uniformity that strip lights have.
Same way these can be

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

strip lights are newer and still a lot more expensive. And hlg is on version 3 or 4 for improvements. All the history of this is posted on led threads on riu with all the builders.

If you want to really get confused look at timber lighting. They have cobs and strips and say cobs work better than boards. They used to sell them with hlg but chose to focus on cobs after a couple years.

i like the timber lamps a lot more than the others. They are much higher quality builds.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Both cobs (with reflectors) and strips are much more effective than quantum boards:
Coverage

Although cobs have decent coverage, the diodes are packed into a small space so they get hot and less efficient.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Both cobs (with reflectors) and strips are much more effective than quantum boards:
View attachment 1079569
Although cobs have decent coverage, the diodes are packed into a small space so they get hot and less efficient.

timber has eliminated reflectors stating that the cobs can be closer to the plants without them. They used to have them.

maybe read what the actual builders have to say about all this? Like i am trying to tell you there are 100’s of pages of questions and answers with the actual builders on the other site in the led section. We have knowledgeable members here but none of the american or aussie builders.

And really. Just buy a freakin light and be happy. Im going to get an hlg kit for my veg tent when my bulbs need replacing i think.

The flower room is a big investment for me if i go with brand name lighting. I will likely replace my hps bulbs once more.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
He does but only if you understand the relationship between watts and amperage. Watts divided by volts equals amperage.
And the volts are defined by the number of diodes and the type of diodes.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
timber has eliminated reflectors stating that the cobs can be closer to the plants without them. They used to have them.

maybe read what the actual builders have to say about all this? Like i am trying to tell you there are 100’s of pages of questions and answers with the actual builders on the other site in the led section. We have knowledgeable members here but none of the american or aussie builders.

And really. Just buy a freakin light and be happy. Im going to get an hlg kit for my veg tent when my bulbs need replacing i think.

The flower room is a big investment for me if i go with brand name lighting. I will likely replace my hps bulbs once more.
I totally agree. The differences in these things are small. I think LEDs are reaching the point where they're not advancing at the rate they used to.

Top Bottom