Spider mites. Was planning on flipping with in a week

• Thread starter Willisbrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ev.dawgy

ev.dawgy

Great pics and documentation @Willisbrow.

If there are still some mites at the bottom of the plants then the issue will progress, indoors that is.

The times I put some mite infested plants outdoors they actually went away, so you can still expect to get something off of them outdoors, plus its always a fun experience, and cool to have some larger plants around.

Have fun this summer and kill it in the winter when the issues are less likely to arise, respect for the update.

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

If it's still in veg spray the hell out of it and rotate sprays. Spinosad, neem, azadirachtin. Hell even pyrethin as long as you rinse it off. Never spray anything in flower though, I try to have predators established by the time flower comes. Also there seems to be confusion about spraying. The idea is to leave a thin film on the leaf. If there are droplets on the leaf after you spray, that's how your plant gets damaged. It's like a magnifying glass to an ant. The droplet amplifies the light and fries a little circle on your leaf. Or if you spray right as lights go off the humidity will spike and that can leave circular spots of mildew on your leaf. I try to spray 1h before lights on to give it a little bit for the fans to do their work before lights come on.

Last edited:
W

Willisbrow

Great pics and documentation @Willisbrow.

If there are still some mites at the bottom of the plants then the issue will progress, indoors that is.

The times I put some mite infested plants outdoors they actually went away, so you can still expect to get something off of them outdoors, plus its always a fun experience, and cool to have some larger plants around.

Have fun this summer and kill it in the winter when the issues are less likely to arise, respect for the update.
Thanks man. I figured I owed it to u guys to give some updates on how things were going. I left 5 plants indoors and it looks the mites are gone after almost two weeks and 4 sprays. I moved 4 outdoors and am trying g to give away the other 5 in my room.

Thank you guys for all the input even though this topic has probably been discussed a lot previously.

I will start back up in later October when I have will he home for a while.

F

Frailless420

Ya!
I know this topic has been covered a bunch. I just wanna know if u guys think this is worth trying to salvage or not.
Thanks!
Best way I get rid of them is taking the plant into the tub and tip it on its side pretty much and spray the plant really good making sure u r spraying the under side of the leafs the most but hit the top 2. Turn the plant and keep spraying. U gotta get a lil aggressive lol then let the plant dry off for the most part and spray the shit of of the plant with neem oil. Soak her good! Bottom of the leafs and the tops till she's dripped in neem lol. Let her dry in the tub. If u can...keep them away from any other plants until u know they r gone. I'd wait 3 to 4 days and do it again and check your house plants. I probably would wait a lil on flipping them. Deal with mites first otherwise u will have the same issue right in the middle of flowering and by then u don't really wanna be spraying them down with anything really while there into flowering. U might be ok if u had to do it really early in the flowering stage but I wouldn't...so get them now. I also will dust the trunk of the plant with diatomaceous earth. I use a lil brush and kind dab or powder her. Make sure u clean everything again and vacuum everything wait till plants r dry and everything is clean then put everything bk. Defoliating if there's a bunch of fan leafs etc can help also. Make sure u toss the shit in a separate garbage than your house garbage. If it's bad I'd do it 3 times in like around 1.5 to 2 weeks and keep a Lazer eye on the plants. Good luck bro!

W

Willisbrow

I am taking round off. I put
A few plants outside just to grow them for their leaves. Not gonna expect to get any kinda harvest. But hoping I will get some pretty big vegging plants outside.

GoodListener

GoodListener

You will get huge trees outside this time of year, three months of veg, you will get a huge yeald. Spider mites won't be a problem for healthy outside plants. They have predators outside. FWIW azamax and spinosad never burn at recommended dosage. Why are people using more than recommended?

W

Willisbrow

You will get huge trees outside this time of year, three months of veg, you will get a huge yeald. Spider mites won't be a problem for healthy outside plants. They have predators outside. FWIW azamax and spinosad never burn at recommended dosage. Why are people using more than recommended?
My plants will get big I’m sure. But they will get a lot of bud rot before harvest. It’s too humid and stale here in September and October

W

Willisbrow

A little update from my spider mite problems.
I put the. Outdoors after a few sprays of dr zymes and spinosad. And they are booming!! Here are some pics.
No mites and flowering has started. Hope pm doesn’t hit too hard. And as soon as I get some. It rot I’m gonna chop and turn to hash.

482D5AF5 9B6F 471E BF39 89CFD21B20FF
9A62D8A0 8D6B 4807 B6C5 8D0AEA110F73

Latest posts

Top Bottom