Spider Mites

• Thread starter Gettnpacksin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

edaisson

All kidding aside... What's a STRONG pesticide to clean up an empty room?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Also, quaternary ammonium compounds are good sanitizers.

guymandude

guymandude

i played with spider mites for almost a year. Did organic, blah blah blah. I finally tossed the most infested plants into the fire pit, trimmed everything back, and bought some Avid. I mixed it triple strength, sprayed twice and haven't seen a spider mite since.

Note; do not spray on flowering plants. I only sprayed my moms and a few plants in veg. I burned flowering plants that were infested. Mites will not feed on a plant that has been sprayed. So I got to the point where I only was spraying my mother plants if i saw a mite or two. after about a month, the mites were gone.

be mindful this stuff is a neuro toxin. At the strength i mixed it, it would make my arms tingle. Wear gloves, long sleeves, eye protection and a mask. BUT, that being siad, the shit works and it works very very well on spider mites

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Do you think a little green Palmolive diluted in some water and use a spray bottle will work, I have the cleanest fucking garden after the root aphid incident and now my buddy trades me some of my healthy lush green clones for some of his LVPK and the fuckers have dust mites and are spotty alresady, took them because I'm wicked into to lush strains however....who made out on the deal lolol

Sunbaked

Sunbaked

just sprayed 2 gallons of pyrethrum on my greenhouse and outdoor area. after a bag of bug killer added to the soil.
bought a pint of concentrate, makes 32 gallons. for 50 dollars . damn aphids are even worse than mites in my opinion ,but we be killing them all this year.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

just sprayed 2 gallons of pyrethrum on my greenhouse and outdoor area. after a bag of bug killer added to the soil.
bought a pint of concentrate, makes 32 gallons. for 50 dollars . damn aphids are even worse than mites in my opinion ,but we be killing them all this year.
@Sunbaked root aphids imo are the worst bugs you can get, didn't even wanna deal with them, I rinsed out all the soil and switched to hydro, I was disappointed at first but realized it's way better anyways. Those bugs came from fox farm ocean Forest

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

@Sunbaked root aphids imo are the worst bugs you can get, didn't even wanna deal with them, I rinsed out all the soil and switched to hydro, I was disappointed at first but realized it's way better anyways. Those bugs came from fox farm ocean Forest
No more signs of root aphids since the transfer, those fuckers love soil and it's one inch of top wetness, fuck them and the soil they need to live in lol

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

No more signs of root aphids since the transfer, those fuckers love soil and it's one inch of top wetness, fuck them and the soil they need to live in lol
2oz of mean green mixed in one gallon of water, just raped those spider mites, some eggs are left but I'll spray with water daily until they detach and fall off, probably repeat the spray daily or every other day

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I had great results using safer soap and wipe out for spider mites.

AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

I've been doing my research on these little bastard's and have a few questions.
- prevention??(I know it's not 100%)
- would spraying the foliage with ph'd water (tops/underside) everyday/everyother day help?
- sns217? Good or waste of money?

I'm going to run a 8-10" fan blowing up towards the top and of course a few clip fans for proper air movement.this should help to correct?

what I have learned and am doing, fan across top, azamax for foliar and in watering mix for prevention, also hit it with this if u see signs of damage,, and follow up a few days later with a spinosad, both organic, helps prevent them getting immune to one solution, I would not spray leaves every day with water. Spray the underside with the insectides.

AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

Mine are in flowering, correction, when they were in veg i put in sink and used spray nozzle to hit those bastards, after I also handwiped underside of leaves with wet paper towel.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Water and Spinosad do absolutely nothing to mites but give them a bath.

Ambectin (iirc) kills mites.

Use a 60x or 100x scope and look under your leaves. Bet you find eggs or newly hatched mites from just wiping or spraying with water.

AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

To clarify, I used Azamax and then Monterey Insect Spray which contains just 0.5% Spinosad and was recommended after the Azamax but I'll also check them again under scope and do another wipe with wet paper towel if I have to, it's really not that bad at all.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Once again, Spinosad will not kill mites. Ambectin will and does. As well as 99% iso, do NOT spray plants. And sns 217 is also a good spray.

Latest posts

Top Bottom