Spider Mites

• Thread starter Gettnpacksin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smerb

Smerb

Greetings farmer's . I don't understand why is it that when someone is dealing with some type of mite or bug problem ,the first thing people recommend is avid , forbid sc??? yes these products work but why not educate people on the many other products that are affective an less harsh. Such as pfr 97 or grandevo both of these products will deal with any mite issue, including russet mites or broad mites. They don't say on the labels that they are affective against them but they are. Use both mention products in an infected plants leaf and put it under a scope. See for yourself.
Fellow grower, did you miss all the inputs? The first input doesn't meen its the top choice. The more info the best. Do you even know if a grower used avid or any other chemical. Not many people, only us growers. Its an opinion....

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Fellow grower, did you miss all the inputs? The first input doesn't meen its the top choice. The more info the best. Do you even know if a grower used avid or any other chemical. Not many people, only us growers. Its an opinion....
The most powerful shit and most unforgiving are usually at the bottom of the list.... i would never hand a newb a bottle of avid or Floramite

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Nematodes will devastate an infestation in a few days and keep killing until there is no more food, my go to for bad infestations. I had Fgs so bad they would swarm when I opened a door, I tried DE, spinosad, neem, Bts, top dressing and sticky traps. Months and months of it just getting worse and worse. I added nematodes and 3 days later I saw zero gnats, I rarely see an occasional teeny tiny gnat that are most likely coming from a drain.
My gnats before looked like monster hybrid Fg fruit gnat dive bomber looking things. The ones I see every now and then are so small they must just slip past the nematodes or they come from the drain. Flies are usually as big as the maggot, the better fed they are the bigger they are, my gnats before were well fed on roots.
http://www.arbico-organics.com/category/beneficial-nematodes

CaliRay

CaliRay

Yes an opinion but u just don't understand when someone is given another farmer their opinion why does avid or forbid sc have to be their first one. in my opinion if those products are needed then the grower should do some major reading on preventive methods .

Smerb

Smerb

Yes an opinion but u just don't understand when someone is given another farmer their opinion why does avid or forbid sc have to be their first one. in my opinion if those products are needed then the grower should do some major reading on preventive methods .
It isn't the first thing. A person started the thread, the first person to answer is going to put what they do. So is the next. And a few posts down you'll get the grower that does what others do, instead of his own preventive measures. I understand. Avid users must really like their product, it must work for them! Use things correctly, and read the thread again. It'll help.

SeedyGirl

SeedyGirl

i treat mothers with floromite every 6 weeks. and then well rooted clones get sprayed again w floromite a day before going into veg system (undercurrent/dwc). FLOROMITE is NOT used in my veg or flower ever.
once in veg i do spray with liquid light 25% of the amount suggested. once a week, right after the lights go on. once i move into flowering nothing is ever sprayed after first week.
i clean my systems and rooms after every run with a Physan and water solution.
its kills spider mites and keeps them out. i haven't had a problem since.
but before i discovered the floromite nothing else worked to eradicate spidermites.
and i am from the school of you dont spray even a food safe bugkiller on your flowers bc it is absorbed and even three days later... you taste it. i rather smoke bugs.

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

i treat mothers with floromite every 6 weeks. and then well rooted clones get sprayed again w floromite a day before going into veg system (undercurrent/dwc). FLOROMITE is NOT used in my veg or flower ever.
once in veg i do spray with liquid light 25% of the amount suggested. once a week, right after the lights go on. once i move into flowering nothing is ever sprayed after first week.
but before i discovered the floromite nothing else worked to eradicate spidermites.
and i am from the school of you dont spray even a food safe bugkiller on your flowers bc it is absorbed and even three days later... you taste it. i rather smoke bugs.

Might want to add a couple other sprays in and rotate them so you don't develop a resistant mite. That's what I do.

And NEVER in FLOWER as you said

CaliRay

CaliRay

You might want to look into grandevo or pfr 97. stuff is amazing an never no need to worry about resistance being developed . also , conserve sc will knock spider mites out for good.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Using Floramite in that manner will very likely help create resistant mites, if your area doesn't already have them. I suggest stopping that, and going with good preventative measures using products to which mites are known *not* to develop resistance, EG Azatrol or Azamax, or my own preferred iso+water treatment.
I just lost a whole crop to root aphids. Like you, I didn't know about them until it was too late.

How do you get rid of them for good? My grow room is tidy clean, got rid of the old crop. Brought new one in. Been using neem oil, sns217 and mighty wash. But the little fuckers are back with a vengeance.

I need them gone. Will AVID suffice?
First, I am very sorry to read this. I found Avid did not suffice, nor did Merit75. I recently read that there's a method to using them, but I didn't know it back then. My method was flooding my trays and keeping them flooded for several hours using Spectracide with Triazicide. and believe it or not the PHI is actually better than any of those products. I still absolutely DETESTED using it, though, and still do.

IME, all those treatments seem to spur the females from going into pregnant flyer mode even harder, and then there's an explosion and it's just all kinds of fucked.

E

edaisson

I cleaned up my whole grow room. Threw everything out. So there's nothing to root drench. It's just an empty room now. I'm gonna clean with clorox and start the fumigation process for a whole week with no plants in there. I purchased Avid, Merit 75, Permethrin 36%, and Orthene 97% Acephate. I have neem oil, sns 217, and mightywash.

I'll be fumigating the room for a week with all of them.

Do you recommend ANY other pesticide? No matter how strong or poisonous. Remember there's no plants. I just really wanna get rid of the root aphids.

Using Floramite in that manner will very likely help create resistant mites, if your area doesn't already have them. I suggest stopping that, and going with good preventative measures using products to which mites are known *not* to develop resistance, EG Azatrol or Azamax, or my own preferred iso+water treatment.

First, I am very sorry to read this. I found Avid did not suffice, nor did Merit75. I recently read that there's a method to using them, but I didn't know it back then. My method was flooding my trays and keeping them flooded for several hours using Spectracide with Triazicide. and believe it or not the PHI is actually better than any of those products. I still absolutely DETESTED using it, though, and still do.

IME, all those treatments seem to spur the females from going into pregnant flyer mode even harder, and then there's an explosion and it's just all kinds of fucked.

CaliRay

CaliRay

I cleaned up my whole grow room. Threw everything out. So there's nothing to root drench. It's just an empty room now. I'm gonna clean with clorox and start the fumigation process for a whole week with no plants in there. I purchased Avid, Merit 75, Permethrin 36%, and Orthene 97% Acephate. I have neem oil, sns 217, and mightywash.

I'll be fumigating the room for a week with all of them.

Do you recommend ANY other pesticide? No matter how strong or poisonous. Remember there's no plants. I just really wanna get rid of the root aphids.
Conserve sc will do the job

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Mix some bleach, ammonia, hydrogen peroxide, and some drain cleaner in all equal parts. Mix vigorously and pour it in a sprayer. Strip down to some shorts and spray in a completely closed in room. ABSOLUTELY NO VENTILATION is the most important part. Make sure you spend at least 30min in the room saturating everything completely
Mixing bleach and ammonia will create a deadly poisonous gas, never do that.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

NEVER ever mix bleach and ammonia, it creates Chloramine Vapor and will easily kill you. I'm just wondering why this guy is suggesting this in a non ventilated area? Recipe for death.

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

Mixing bleach and ammonia will create a deadly poisonous gas, never do that.

Gotta get a sense of humor LMAO was only a joke.......

Pretty sure it would kill you follow those directions lol

That said I wish we could take the warning labels of everything and let the rest sort itself out lol

Lmao looks like my post was deleted by the moderators funny as hell

Top Bottom