Start of 2nd Grow. This time in Soil

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hahahaha! I'd say keep it basic & friendly. 1 plant and must be under a scrog :) that's my opinion anyways just nice to have a place for us all to gather and share ideas/experiences
I must find a way to make room. I want to channel my inner SCROG. Going from 4 plant to 4 plants to 8 plants to 1 would surely be a welcome change

Zombierider

Zombierider

I must find a way to make room. I want to channel my inner SCROG. Going from 4 plant to 4 plants to 8 plants to 1 would surely be a welcome change
Yeah bro i do like the 1 plant per tent deal, isn't even that much more veg time so i will do 1 plant 1 tent in the future for sure. Also, bluemats need a reservoir? If so i think a pump with a hydro halo would be perfect for auto water, i hear bluemats are good but have their limitations. Also in the future try out those floraflex pots, they make the water disperse evenly over the soil better so hand watering is easy af. If you do go bluemats i will be interested how it goes

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Who wants to start the One-plant-scrog-challenge/grow off thread?? :)

@CannaGranny
What are the rules? I have about 6 to 8 more weeks on these GG4's but I'd like to see how fast I can fill a 5 x 5 net with one plant! 😛

The video I had posted prior showing a garage grow I did for someone had 2 plants for every 4 x 8 tray meaning each plant filled out a 4 x 4 space so filling a 5 x 5 shouldn't be too hard. To get those plants to where they were took me 12 weeks. I want to see if I can do it in 10 or less. 🥴

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Bro i wouldnt even mess with reg's unless you can plant a bunch and pick out the dudes. I would just stick with feminized seeds, or start at least 3 seeds per strain of regs to make sure you get a female.
Yes. Unless you have multiple reg/photo seeds I would go with feminized. I don't like using feminized seeds but will probably either go with them or grow a reg mom and take cuts from it.

Look what happened in my grow. I thought I had 6 girls ready to blast off and 4 of them turned out to be boys!! 😩

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

What are the rules? I have about 6 to 8 more weeks on these GG4's but I'd like to see how fast I can fill a 5 x 5 net with one plant! 😛

The video I had posted prior showing a garage grow I did for someone had 2 plants for every 4 x 8 tray meaning each plant filled out a 4 x 4 space so filling a 5 x 5 shouldn't be too hard. To get those plants to where they were took me 12 weeks. I want to see if I can do it in 10 or less. 🥴
Tagged you over there and hope you join us. Rules are a bit unset as of yet but we basically can't go wrong. Just going to throw down some scrogs like whoa

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Day 99, 6 weeks through Flower update.

Just chuggin along with a tent of different colored flowers that seem to be ripening 🤗 Smells just gettin better and I'm thinking it may be time to start considering when to flush. The mimosa x OP and the Blue Sunset Sherbert both say max flower is 9 weeks. I know that is to be taken lightly but also says I think 55-60 days and 59-63ish in flower. How does one determine when they are 2 weeks-ish out?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Whooey they look good! Way to maximize your canopy with awesome buds 😎
Gorgeous
ty much Ninj ☺️ It has been a much more enjoyable grow than my 1st that's for sure. I am through 6 weeks of flower and the worst that has happened is a few baby springtails in my soil from too much topsoil moisture. They aren't even predatory hah Sensei 🥋 CannaGranny showed me how I could put the bottled nutes down, stop playing 14 different nute bottle boy chemistry, and become one with the living soil and just feed it. I owe this stress-free grow to her 🙏
I just got back from HomeDepot and bought 2 x 5g clear painter buckets. I got 2 spouts from amazon and drilled holes in the buckets and put them in. The tubing for the blumats fits pretty snug into spout but I would still want to seal. Now I need to figure out how to run the mainline on the ground like some were advising but then I need some tubing and attachments I'm not sure if I have in order to port the water from mainline up to the plants and into the blumats. If this works like I'm hoping then I will get 2 more pour spouts from amazon and do the same thing to the 2nd bucket. I want to be able to turn on/off from both buckets to both tents. This whole grow I have alternated feedings with waterings. If I have 2 buckets, each with 2 spouts, I can make it so that whatever is in either bucket can be turned on for either tent without moving the buckets or altering their contents. I just might just be too high though 😆 and this will never work but yolo and this is as far as I've got.

@Nesta028 who was sayin to not have the main lines run along the top of the pots and how come? You would need to get longer brown thin tubing that goes from mainline to blumats or change that black attachment and run tubing to each plant from the mainline on the ground right?

☺️

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Oh wait. Can I just somehow plug up 1 end of the T attachment on the brown dripper tubing?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

ty much Ninj ☺️ It has been a much more enjoyable grow than my 1st that's for sure. I am through 6 weeks of flower and the worst that has happened is a few baby springtails in my soil from too much topsoil moisture. They aren't even predatory hah Sensei 🥋 CannaGranny showed me how I could put the bottled nutes down, stop playing 14 different nute bottle boy chemistry, and become one with the living soil and just feed it. I owe this stress-free grow to her 🙏
I just got back from HomeDepot and bought 2 x 5g clear painter buckets. I got 2 spouts from amazon and drilled holes in the buckets and put them in. The tubing for the blumats fits pretty snug into spout but I would still want to seal. Now I need to figure out how to run the mainline on the ground like some were advising but then I need some tubing and attachments I'm not sure if I have in order to port the water from mainline up to the plants and into the blumats. If this works like I'm hoping then I will get 2 more pour spouts from amazon and do the same thing to the 2nd bucket. I want to be able to turn on/off from both buckets to both tents. This whole grow I have alternated feedings with waterings. If I have 2 buckets, each with 2 spouts, I can make it so that whatever is in either bucket can be turned on for either tent without moving the buckets or altering their contents. I just might just be too high though 😆 and this will never work but yolo and this is as far as I've got.

@Nesta028 who was sayin to not have the main lines run along the top of the pots and how come? You would need to get longer brown thin tubing that goes from mainline to blumats or change that black attachment and run tubing to each plant from the mainline on the ground right?

View attachment 1289558

View attachment 1289559

☺️
Interested in seeing how the BM's work out for you. I've had mixed reviews. Some love 'em. Some hate 'em. The haters talked about air in the system killing their plants or the systems failsafe failed and they had a reservoirs worth of water to clean up.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Interested in seeing how the BM's work out for you. I've had mixed reviews. Some love 'em. Some hate 'em. The haters talked about air in the system killing their plants or the systems failsafe failed and they had a reservoirs worth of water to clean up.
See this is exactly what I need to hear. You may have just saved me from flooding my entire house from upstairs 😆 The tents are in my office though so I am kinda forced to be in there quite often so have an eye on them alot. I obviously need to consider night and being away from the house as well though. I have pot risers that hold maybe a gallon of run-off if need but that is in my flowering tent. The purple dragon balls in my 2nd tent I need a solution for all 8 plants but was thinking 1 large tray and then some sort of metal grate that I can elevate with a few small pieces of 2x4. Any ideas for 4x4 flood pans/trays that don't cost a fortune?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Found these, I'm going in!

Remember that the footprint of your plant bases are smaller than your canopy spread so you don't need to fill the entire floor with a flood table. A 3 x 3 flood table in a 4 x 4 tent is ideal.

I would also include a reservoir placed underneath the flood table. A res and lid will set you back around a hundred and change. You could place the res in the bottom of the tent, build a small rack for your flood table and place the flood table in the rack. The rack for your FT is so that you can remove the res for refreshing the nutrient solution without disturbing the FT.

Another option would be to not do the F and D and do like I did. I bought a 30 gal plastic bin at the hardware store along with a pond pump. Made some watering rings out of 1/4 inch drip line and ran all the drip lines to a drip head and then to the pump. Set the pump on a timer for whatever volume of water you want to give the plants and that's it. I have a generic digital timer that lets me set different time schedules so I can set up 3 or 4 watering times so that as the plants water needs increase I can just switch up the watering time.

Top Bottom