Start of 2nd Grow. This time in Soil

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

The oldest trichs will amber, what do the other trichs look like? Got a pic?
These are of 3 different plants. They are flowers at top of branches. The camera is very hard to work with and these don't do justice as to how much amber there actually is. Just a bit surprised to see any yet and some I saw but haven't captured were darker than amber as if burnt. Can trichs be injured by the light lol and shoot past the kind of amber phase right to burnt/amber?

Blue Sunset

Blueberry

GRC

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Are you scoping sugar leaves or actual calyx on the bud structure? sugar leaves always turn first
I can't tell at that magnification lol I am trying to NOT get the leaves but it is so hard. When I use the loops I have it is like WHOA so easy to see

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Judging off of pics and adding in your comment about pics not doing justice I would say you may want to shorten your harvest time to 2 weeks but right now your good. Just keep an eye out.

Last edited:
steamroller

steamroller

Watch the video linked in this post.
My smoke got chopped around 8 weeks and is killer.
I chop my plants mostly milky some/slight amber. 💪
It depends on the buzz you want.
I'm 57 and still work 40 hours. I have no issues sleeping, want a buzz when awake.🤔

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Watch the video linked in this post.
My smoke got chopped around 8 weeks and is killer.
I chop my plants mostly milky some/slight amber. 💪
It depends on the buzz you want.
I'm 57 and still work 40 hours. I have no issues sleeping, want a buzz when awake.🤔
This video is the nutz man, thanks avain. If you can't figure it out with a road map like that then it surely ain't the game that's the problem. That is the best one I've seen no doubt

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I did a thing for sure and we live and learn. Got pretty baked yesterday and sort of tripped, fell, and panicked/decided I needed to take down some top colas in the tent. The grc x bbc, I have no breeder info as to suggested flowering times but it had enough amber in enough areas up and down different branches that it caused me to make exec decision. I think the "the trichomes still continue to turn once chopped" had me thinking that this was the right move because it would allow me to turn light up a bit and or drop light closer to canopy and allow for the lower half of these 2 strains and the other 2 to keep "marinating". So I chopped all tops that were over the 2nd trellis but I only did that for half of the mimosa. I left those that were closest to the walls and furthest from my reach.
I am going to try to dry in a wine chiller. I think I might be able to get to 60/60ish with some dialing in. Made it overnight so that's good hah. There is a small fan inside the wine box that is internal to the device. I blocked it with a piece of paper towel so it would not be direct. Then I set to 50° and crack door to it slightly. Going to either have something to smoke that isn't from the disp in 1-2 weeks or a nasty lesson in harvesting too early 😂
Yolo and hope all yall have a great Sunday

20221009 065758
20221008 194933
20221009 070002
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hmmm...wine cooler cure. This should be interesting.

ehh I actually did that my 1st grow. Dried in a spare 3x3, cured in grove bags while stored in wine cooler. Seemed a solid and stable way to maintain long term temp/rh and it actually worked. But for this early top crop pop or flop I felt this was my best bet at the moment. I have a big fridge in the garage I intentionally took from neighbor who had an extra that I planned to one day diy into a dryin chamber but unfortunately/obviously didn't figure that out yet either. I have a 3x3 tent in garage I could use to dry what I just chopped instead of the wine cooler but I think I will struggle more to get to 60/60 the like this. I won't lie man I'm fkin overwhelmed af but we sleep in the beds we make or don't make and it is what it is and YOLO like I often say. Between 1 tent with 4 plants of 4 different strains of 4 different heights with flowers finishing faster closest to the light, to my 2nd tent with 6 reg beans and 2 clones plus a wildcard bean for the 1 plant scrog challenge, and trying to figure out how to move forward with the right automatic fertigation plan so I don't snap and quit all this shit altogether, yup ok fine cannabis plants 1 me 0 and I for sure bit off way more than I can chew. I promise ya this though, you will at one time laugh at me or with me and that makes it all worth it to me 😂

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Poor Mans Mini Lotus Cure day 2

"If" I could maintain temps and rh near 60/60, is there some other unknown hazard/concern I need to consider?

How much does light matter meow? I understand importance of light leaks during flower but what about dry? Is it simply a matter of the ole basic "light degrades thc, avoid if and when can" or is it more serious than I think and complete darkness 24/7 no exceptions is important?

20221009 142305
ninjadip

ninjadip

Poor Mans Mini Lotus Cure day 2

"If" I could maintain temps and rh near 60/60, is there some other unknown hazard/concern I need to consider?

How much does light matter meow? I understand importance of light leaks during flower but what about dry? Is it simply a matter of the ole basic "light degrades thc, avoid if and when can" or is it more serious than I think and complete darkness 24/7 no exceptions is important?
I saw somewhere that low intensity diffused light was ok. But don't have the source on me or do I know from experience so don't quote me buddy lol

I love that wine cooler btw

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I saw somewhere that low intensity diffused light was ok. But don't have the source on me or do I know from experience so don't quote me buddy lol

I love that wine cooler btw

Word and roger that my brotha. It actually has a button that turns on a very dim light blue light that I won't have on. I was wondering/thinkin whether the light disruption from me opening the door to check the temps/RH every 26 minutes 😂 was ok. This was for SURE not my long term/plan for my dry. It appears only like the amount I put in would be ok, maybe up to 2-3oz wet tops but so far so good. I'm just trying to figure out which part is going to go south first? Will it be temps or rh that is harder to maintain. The smells when I open it to "burp/-temp/rh check" nearly floor me. I like that there is some gas/grassy-sy chlorophyll bustin to get out but it is the scent behind it from the Grape Rock Candy x Banana Butter Cups that I am referring to. It literally blanks out or /muffels the mimosa x orange punch in there. It is a very heavy fuel skunky smell 😯

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Not really unless you've been running your lights at half power. Usually after 6 weeks I don't get much more swelling of flower as much as they are developing the trichomes and filling out.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Not really unless you've been running your lights at half power. Usually after 6 weeks I don't get much more swelling of flower as much as they are developing the trichomes and filling out.
😣 ehh not half but doubt it has been 75% yet/ever. I turned it up another click though. What are they going to do, leave 😂 Tired of these green goblins bossin me around. Took peak at mini lotus cure with the uv light ❄ If this shit doesn't get me high I quit 🥺

20221009 212056
20221009 212031
ninjadip

ninjadip

😣 ehh not half but doubt it has been 75% yet/ever. I turned it up another click though. What are they going to do, leave 😂 Tired of these green goblins bossin me around. Took peak at mini lotus cure with the uv light ❄ If this shit doesn't get me high I quit 🥺
Did your last run not get you high? Or is that just a saying

Top Bottom