Start of 2nd Grow. This time in Soil

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Not sayin I was crying but it was close lol There are a few people I could handle not on my side and you surely ain't one of em 🤣
Awwwwww dang it! You have to look over my gnarly sense of humor. I promise to never say imma beat ya with a wet noodle again! 🥰

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Time to put down my purse and try some "regular" seeds. Things are gonna get weird for sure

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

IT'S FLOWER TIME! Hah ehh I hope to wait 60 days but frikkin lack of patience got me. Have to settle for 56-57 with the chickidies from Amsterdam. No just 4 plants from 2 angles 😂 The grc x bbc is HELLLLA lime greenish everywhere but I am rollin with it. She lucky she made the cut this season 😂 I just super slow fed the girls 1.25 gallons and they are still laughing at me. I keep thinking that all the feeding today is a waste if I don't ensure at least all roots are saturated. I surely don't want to over water them but don't want dry bottoms after feeding 5 times today 😂 hey check out these genetics. Look at the kraken and aome of the dragon crosses 😮

Off to the races!! 🐎

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Time to put down my purse and try some "regular" seeds. Things are gonna get weird for sure

The strain names they come up with...... 😄

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Right? I tell my brother and he can't stand it. Same thing every time. "It either gets you high or doesn't" 😂
I thought it was crazy when I had 3 phenos going in a grow. Purple Erkle, Trainwreck and L.A. Confidential.

Now....if I could get my hands on original breeder Blue Dream I'd be seeding the hell out of that pheno to build up a seed bank of that pheno type. I've searched high and low through all my breeder contacts trying to get that but all my breeder buddies tell me the original breeder stopped giving out the original and only a select few have the real thing. None of them will give it up. Bastards!!! 😁

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I thought it was crazy when I had 3 phenos going in a grow. Purple Erkle, Trainwreck and L.A. Confidential.

Now....if I could get my hands on original breeder Blue Dream I'd be seeding the hell out of that pheno to build up a seed bank of that pheno type. I've searched high and low through all my breeder contacts trying to get that but all my breeder buddies tell me the original breeder stopped giving out the original and only a select few have the real thing. None of them will give it up. Bastards!!! 😁
hah I think I feel ya bud. Those are real solid strains but it just couldn't hold a candle to that original BD? Yeah I have a RL friend who is a lurker here who has been twistin my mind quite a bit about genetics. Went from planning to run 3 different female strains in the next 4x4 to 5 regular beans(Purple Dragon Balls) and monster cropping them(which I have never done). I sure am amped up though. Would love to catch something super sexy out of them. The breeder had me at "Skunky grapes and champagne". This shit is contagious. I will probably get baked and change my mind again 🤣

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

This trellis I made for my 4x4 is a 14x14 for 196 squares. Each plant gets 49 squares "technically". Justa couple days into flower and this Mimosa x Orange Punch has claimed 64+. Have a sneaky suspicion I am going to regret not cloning her

20220826 081336
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Take a clone now before it's too late!!
yeah you are right 😞 but I have never done it before. Is all I really need some rapid rooters, clone gel, and dome or am I missing anything definitely worth getting? Like should I get a heat mat and stop using a plate, inside a bag, rapped strategically in a towel and put on my modem to germ seeds?😂

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I like it and am in! Beyyyyyyyyyyah! Thanks mate

View attachment 1275269
Just be careful. Aero cloners will give you mud for roots if you don't stay on top of it but they are also very good at popping clones QUICK!!!

JMO, but I would try to traditionally root some clones first so you get a feel for how they work. Nothing wrong with aero's but, again, just gotta stay on top of it so that your roots don't turn to mush.

Rock wool cubes, some clonex gel and a tray and dome are all you need. If you want to get a heat mat even better but I've had just as good a success sticking the tray on top of a refrigerator where it's warm also.

Some cloning tips.....

Take your clone cuts 3 nodes down for best chance of success.
Make your cuts at 45* angles.
Some people like to scrape the outer hull of the stem(Epedermis) and expose the cortex layer (the layer right under the epedermis) a half inch up from where you made your cut before applying cloning gel.
When you stick the stem into the rock wool cube hole be careful and stick it in gently so that you don't damage the cortex.
Once you have the stem in the cube, pack the rock wool against the stem so that it makes good contact with the rock wool. You don't want air pockets.
Trim the fan leaf tips off, like maybe half the leaf, so that you don't get wet wilted leaves that might start to rot and introduce some sort of disease into the clone environment.
Start your cuts under the dome and make the environment humid then, once they've established, remove the dome or open the vents so that you don't have too much humidity. You want to make sure that once roots begin to establish that you start the process of the roots bringing food to the plant and not so much through foliar like in the beginning when the environment is more humid.

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Just be careful. Aero cloners will give you mud for roots if you don't stay on top of it but they are also very good at popping clones QUICK!!!

JMO, but I would try to traditionally root some clones first so you get a feel for how they work. Nothing wrong with aero's but, again, just gotta stay on top of it so that your roots don't turn to mush.
thanks much and yehhhhhhhhhh that's gonna be a hard no for me. I feel as though I would for sure go the aero route if I wasn't in soil. I also don't want anything about it to be quick, if that makes any sense. The rapid rooter route works better for me this go. Everything should be here Monday.

ok ok ok so they say there is no such thing as a dumb question but how do we know whoever said that was even vetted properly 🤣 Here goes nothing and feel free to laugh actually at me

I am trying to better understand Phenotype. Can a plant showing its pistils early be considered a pheno? Mimosa x Orange Punch day 4 of flower.

20220827 151838
R

ritoMox

yeah you are right 😞 but I have never done it before. Is all I really need some rapid rooters, clone gel, and dome or am I missing anything definitely worth getting? Like should I get a heat mat and stop using a plate, inside a bag, rapped strategically in a towel and put on my modem to germ seeds?😂
Link: TLO

TLO Cloning

R

ritoMox

TLO all day! TLO 3 (Druids' edition) coming out pretty soon.

The Rev: "Hey hey...I had the dreaded flu (3rd time I think now ugh) and this time it kicked my ass severely. I’m still shaking off some lingering aftereffects. So that slowed me down, to say the least. I only have a couple of chapters left to go and some addendums. It’s like 45 or 60 days of solid work. For this last week or so I have been getting my shit together for a TLO video, so barring some catastrophe it will be here soon. I had considered at one point that this virus was gonna possibly take me out it was so bad. It also fucked up my brain a little (yikes)! I get that whole “foggy brain” peeps talk about, and although it was very troubling it’s going away. Weird shit changed like my sleep rhythm. My whole life I sleep like 5 or 6 hours a night. Until about a week or 10 days ago, I was sleeping like 10 to 12 hours a night, and man was that screwing with me LoL — I need way more awake time just to get all my shit done per day. So… It should be around Christmas time as long as I can just keep working. I’m doing an extensive troubleshooting chapter, and of course that’s one of the chapters that I have left to do, and that’s the main reason for it taking a couple of months of work at least. Thanks for your support man, I’m back to work and back to almost normal sleeping hours and the brain fog is almost completely gone. So we’re looking good. cheers". Link: The Rev

TLO

Top Bottom