Starting a new grow in the new DWC system

• Thread starter Dwcmagic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Both plants have white pistils showing at the branches. The advanced nutirent feed chart shows 1st week of flower. From what i read these jack herer autos stretch alot in flower. Im just goimg by my charts butni would like to know why you said what you said. I am a rookie on indoor stuff, knowledge is invaluable

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Both plants have white pistils showing at the branches. The advanced nutirent feed chart shows 1st week of flower. From what i read these jack herer autos stretch alot in flower. Im just goimg by my charts butni would like to know why you said what you said. I am a rookie on indoor stuff, knowledge is invaluable
Okay well if the chart said on week 4 you need to add donkey piss at 3ml per gallon would you do that lol? I’ll be fair by the look of the plant that I’ve seen it hasn’t even started to transition and form bud sites at the coils, so by changing the feeding program schedule and to a different dose of npk that’s not called for, you could see an early sign of potassium over feed, get what I mean?
The photo is a autoflower one week into transition, not really at the point of a full power flower feed for npk but is close””

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

And sorry to double post but also the problems you had with root rot you need to account that stunted growth time into factors as well, I know that sounds weird but I kind am going through the same thing with my hydro grow. I’ve hit the flower time needed “” but because of stunned growth and shock that’s loss of time so the plant wasn’t actually doing its thing kind of like those when you just wanna lay in bed all day ya know? Lol and don’t do shit

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

And sorry to double post but also the problems you had with root rot you need to account that stunted growth time into factors as well, I know that sounds weird but I kind am going through the same thing with my hydro grow. I’ve hit the flower time needed “” but because of stunned growth and shock that’s loss of time so the plant wasn’t actually doing its thing kind of like those when you just wanna lay in bed all day ya know? Lol and don’t do shit
Ok this is the exact kind of answer i was hunting. So all my nutes say use in 1st week of flower, the main 3 part nutrient doesnt change at all in flower but theres additives that have to go in on 1st week of flower. I see a few white pistils thru the biggest plant, so what should i look for to determine 1st week of flower? I know what a beginning flower looks like. So if i miss my additives by say a week, it wont hurt anything much? This root rot we keep discussing is stain. Ive washed it out many times. Its the micro part of the advanced nutes. It rinses out as a marroon red color and you have white roots again, no dead roots. I assure you its not root rot. If i could hold a phone and video me washing them off, as i do every sunday on water change, you would see it. Also noticed buckets i dumped and just let dry has the same reddish build up in the bottoms. I use clean buckets and fresh water and nutes once a week on sunday. The tent i love it. I need more plants next round for sure.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Okay well if the chart said on week 4 you need to add donkey piss at 3ml per gallon would you do that lol? I’ll be fair by the look of the plant that I’ve seen it hasn’t even started to transition and form bud sites at the coils, so by changing the feeding program schedule and to a different dose of npk that’s not called for, you could see an early sign of potassium over feed, get what I mean?
The photo is a autoflower one week into transition, not really at the point of a full power flower feed for npk but is close””
Thats a beautiful plant btw. So this is 1 week into flower on an auto. Mine are jack herer autos. I will be at this level in a week maybe week and a half. I know the designated grow time from the seed bank isnt spot on either. Mine says 9 weeks from seed to harvest. Im in week 4

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

One more just for fun. I love looking at them. Kind of worried because it was about this point in the grow on the last round that things went south for me and i lost 1 plant and the other made very little and the quality suffered some also. Better system this time though so fingers crossed

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Just gotta stay on top that those res and keep them EC is check and you should do just fine bud.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Just gotta stay on top that those res and keep them EC is check and you should do just fine bud.
Yeah this has been a flawless grow so far. Having to add water and nutes about mid week for the last 2 weeks. This ph perfect stuff doesnt require much baby sitting. EC isnt an issue usually because i completely change res once a week and use clean buckets each time.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Yeah this has been a flawless grow so far. Having to add water and nutes about mid week for the last 2 weeks. This ph perfect stuff doesnt require much baby sitting. EC isnt an issue usually because i completely change res once a week and use clean buckets each time.
Well if your res is falling but your keeping stable EC and PH than yeah your golden that’s the sweet spot, but I wouldn’t say flawless their guy you had some bad root rot before lol. But their looking great, just watch out with that big tent and heat pockets and stagnant air. And I wouldn’t keep your nutes in the tent try finding a cool dark place to store them they will last longer.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Well if your res is falling but your keeping stable EC and PH than yeah your golden that’s the sweet spot, but I wouldn’t say flawless their guy you had some bad root rot before lol. But their looking great, just watch out with that big tent and heat pockets and stagnant air. And I wouldn’t keep your nutes in the tent try finding a cool dark place to store them they will last longer.
Thanks for the nutes tip, i had actually just moved them into the tent about a week before. It is ok to remove fan leaves blocking bud sites, or shading or w.e. isnt it. I can trim those off?

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

I have 1 seriously short stocky one that looks like it may become 1 big bud, and 1 that stretched a bit, both same supplier same plant. Who do you guys use for genetics?

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Oh and on the air flow deal, i have a fan in the roof duct, a box fan, and an ocilating fan. The whole setup is in a bedroom thats airconditioned and kept on 72°. I hold a tent temp of 75 lights on and 68 during the 6 hr dark period.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Thanks for the nutes tip, i had actually just moved them into the tent about a week before. It is ok to remove fan leaves blocking bud sites, or shading or w.e. isnt it. I can trim those off?
Yeah you can always trim leafs that block light from bud sites or coils, just never trim more than 40% in one sitting or you could shock the plant

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Yeah you can always trim leafs that block light from bud sites or coils, just never trim more than 40% in one sitting or you could shock the plant
Well you can see the pile in the pictures. Thats from both plants. Its almost like you trim a little daily.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

I have 1 seriously short stocky one that looks like it may become 1 big bud, and 1 that stretched a bit, both same supplier same plant. Who do you guys use for genetics?
as recently I’ve been going through 207 genetics bank for their own as well Barney’s farm and ethos

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

as recently I’ve been going through 207 genetics bank for their own as well Barney’s farm and ethos
I saw ethos somewhere else. I just want the best, with the highest quality, production is secondary since i just grow for myself.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

I saw ethos somewhere else. I just want the best, with the highest quality, production is secondary since i just grow for myself.
Well that’s 207 place I order from have over 25 breeders on their site all well known so search and look see what sparks ya interest, sadly the way you speaking sounds like you looking for the expensive genetics from genex or something but hey best luck man

Top Bottom